What's new

Getting ready for SHARK WEEK!

Almost time for the 30th Annual Shark Week! ‘It is a tough week to be a seal.’

The obvious choice will be to use a Shark blade. Their package art is perfect for the occasion! What better than to try the Shark blade in my travel razor, a Lord L6, from the same manufacturer? Surprisingly, I have not used this combo before.

This week I am ‘warming up’ with a Silver Star (also made by Lord) in the same razor.

What are your plans for the the upcoming event?

I'm randomly testing blades from a sampler I bought. I will randomly ( :) ) get a shark blade at some point for three days during the week.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I have some Shark blades that I have not tried yet, but I bought 100 of each. Now could be the time to get them out and give them a run.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
A Shark Super Chrome is in the queue for retesting, but it will be several weeks before I get to it. I've only just started on a Kai which I expect to last a while, then there's another four blades to get through before I get to the shark. I'm guessing it will be some time in September when I get there.

I started off Shark week with a hot cup of java heading out into the Pacific, (Caffeinated Shave Cream by Pacific Shaving Company) using a brush looked to have been used by an old salty dog. (Vintage boar brush)
Vintage boar brush.jpg
The actual shave was a 1966 Gillette Slim filled with a Shark Super Stainless.
Finished off with a nautical looking classic, Old Spice.

I used a Shark blade for the first time last night. I used my travel razor in the hotel with very hard water. It was difficult to get a nice, slick lather, so my opinion of the blade is not accurate.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
My first crack with a Shark Super Stainless today left my face quite red and it took a while to calm down. I didn't "cork" the blade but hopefully the blade will calm down, plus I used a razor that I have not used before so I really can't give an accurate opinion just yet. We will see what tomorrows shave brings.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Second crack with a Shark Super Stainless and not much improvement on the first crack. Face not as red and not quite as much sting from the Alum block. I did shave at 3.45am this morning and I can feel stubble on my cheeks now at 4.40pm. I bought 100 of these things. I hope that it improves a lot more. I could have a dud blade and I don't like to judge a blade on one blades use. We will see what the third crack does tomorrow.

I have a stack of Shark Super Stainless. So far I have discovered that they hate a FatBoy and a Super Slim. They are akin to rubbing gravel into your face in a 46 Mlord as well. And in my Super Speed they are just pointless. I love the box art and the sleeve....but the blade itself is rubbish. At least it is for my beard and razors.

Shark SC is ‘on deck’ for me! (Hope it does not bite as advertised by the package art!) :a11::a11:

Fwiw, I find the sharks ok in a mild razor like a 34c or a slim on 3.

In a more aggressive razor, I use higher end blades.

The sharks aren't bad travel blades with something like a tech travel razor setup.

Fwiw, I find the sharks ok in a mild razor like a 34c or a slim on 3.

In a more aggressive razor, I use higher end blades.

The sharks aren't bad travel blades with something like a tech travel razor setup.
Ahhh, that explains it. I have been wondering about the nay sayers. I have used it in a VDH TTO, and a Slim - set to 3 :)

Nice post BigJ..! I will have to opt out though as I am testing the China Wilkie blades at present..! My blade log shows I get 4-6 DFS's from the Shark SS blade.

Almost time for the 30th Annual Shark Week! ‘It is a tough week to be a seal.’

The obvious choice will be to use a Shark blade. Their package art is perfect for the occasion! What better than to try the Shark blade in my travel razor, a Lord L6, from the same manufacturer? Surprisingly, I have not used this combo before.

This week I am ‘warming up’ with a Silver Star (also made by Lord) in the same razor.

What are your plans for the the upcoming event?

I'm very interested in your Lord 6 with the Shark review. I am looking at one for a travel razor. I heard that the L6 was a medium aggressive razor and worked well with mild blades. Can't wait to hear about "Shark Week"
MM879

I'm very interested in your Lord 6 with the Shark review. I am looking at one for a travel razor. I heard that the L6 was a medium aggressive razor and worked well with mild blades. Can't wait to hear about "Shark Week"
MM879

My daily driver is a Wolfman WR1. The Lord L6 is usually my travel razor. The Lord company makes Sharks (which I have not tried with the L6) as well as Silver Stars (surprisingly good option that I have also not used with the L6 until now)!

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Third crack with the Shark super stainless. No redness today, a good shave with very little feedback from the Alum block. I am starting to think that for me this blade might have to be "corked" before the initial use. I have a Shark Chrome to use next week to see if there is a difference. I have never had to "cork" a blade before but now maybe I may have to with these blades. I have 100 of both the Shark Stainless and the Shark Chrome so I want to be able to use them.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Fourth crack with the Shark Super Stainless. Much better shave today. Very little feedback with the Alum block. I would class it as a Good shave. This blade seems to have settled down and I hope to make it last the usual 7 shaves. Then next week I will try the Shark Super Chrome. At this stage I am happy that I didn't toss it after the second shave.

Top Bottom