What's new

Lord Silver Stars - If they could make these all along...

...what the hell is going on with the rest of their blades?!

Seriously, I just loaded one up and did not expect such a sharp, smooth offering from Lord! I mean, their blades are relatively smooth (mostly...maybe...Shark Platinums aside) but often really lacking in sharpness for me. That always surprises me, given they are made in a country where the men tend to have heavy, tough beards. The better blades are one-and-done for me and the bad ones I struggle to complete a shave with, but these Silver Stars could easily turn out to be a 3 shave blade...maybe more with a solid prep before each shave.

Colour me very surprised!

I still have a few other Lord blades to try, but I can't believe anything will top these. The best kept secret in the Lord line up?

They went really nicely in the Fatip - not so aggressive that you can't whizz around in a relatively carefree manner, but sharp enough to put in work on the tough areas. With the open comb, a deep BBS was achieved in 2 passes with very little touch up required. 100 Silver Stars incoming for me, for sure!

Any other fans?

20230821_213401(1).jpg

Last edited:

Eric_75

Not made for these times.

Seriously, I just loaded one up and did not expect such a sharp, smooth offering from Lord! I mean, their blades are relatively smooth (mostly...maybe...Shark Platinums aside) but often really lacking in sharpness for me. That always surprises me, given they are made in a country where the men tend to have heavy, tough beards. The better blades are one-and-done for me and the bad ones I struggle to complete a shave with, but these Silver Stars could easily turn out out to be a 3 shave blade...maybe more with really solid prep before each shave.

I still have a few other Lord blades to try, but I can't believe anything will top these. The best kept secret in the Lord line up? They went really nicely in the Fatip - not so aggressive that you can't whizz around in a relatively carefree manner, but sharp enough to put in work on the tough areas. With the open comb, a deep BBS was achieved in 2 passes with very little touch up required. 100 Silver Stars incoming for me, for sure!

Any other fans?

View attachment 1705723
I'm a fan. They have a permanent place in my den.

I get great shaves w every Lord blade.

I get nice shaves with some of them (Blue Sword Platinum and Shark Super Chrome were my favourites) but they often feel like they are "just sharp enough" on the first pass, then running out of steam by the time I want to go ATG.

No such problems with these blades! And they are smoother than the aforementioned for me. I wanted to find a Lord blade I could really like, and now I have! :thumbup1:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"

Seriously, I just loaded one up and did not expect such a sharp, smooth offering from Lord! I mean, their blades are relatively smooth (mostly...maybe...Shark Platinums aside) but often really lacking in sharpness for me. That always surprises me, given they are made in a country where the men tend to have heavy, tough beards. The better blades are one-and-done for me and the bad ones I struggle to complete a shave with, but these Silver Stars could easily turn out to be a 3 shave blade...maybe more with a solid prep before each shave.

I still have a few other Lord blades to try, but I can't believe anything will top these. The best kept secret in the Lord line up?

They went really nicely in the Fatip - not so aggressive that you can't whizz around in a relatively carefree manner, but sharp enough to put in work on the tough areas. With the open comb, a deep BBS was achieved in 2 passes with very little touch up required. 100 Silver Stars incoming for me, for sure!

Any other fans?

View attachment 1705723
They are a freakishly good blade. I believe it was @geneaut that gave me some of these.

I immediately thought that Lord was buying Astra SS blades and repackaging them in Lord wrappers.

If I weren't afraid of my lovely War Department I'd sneak some into an online shopping cart.....

I've never tried them, but I've tried some other Lord blades. Lord Platinum and Asco Platinum are among my favorite blades. I did not like Shark SS when I tried it (though, I don't think I tried it in my current daily driver, the Fatip Grande). This just goes to show the adage YMMV still holds true. 🙂

I've never tried them, but I've tried some other Lord blades. Lord Platinum and Asco Platinum are among my favorite blades. I did not like Shark SS when I tried it (though, I don't think I tried it in my current daily driver, the Fatip Grande). This just goes to show the adage YMMV still holds true. 🙂
If you like the Asco Platinum, you will likely love the Silver Stars.

Ascos are excellent (I bought 300) but I slightly prefer the Silver Stars (I have 400). Luckily these can both be found on sale for under $10/100 from time to time.

They are a freakishly good blade. I believe it was @geneaut that gave me some of these.

I immediately thought that Lord was buying Astra SS blades and repackaging them in Lord wrappers.

If I weren't afraid of my lovely War Department I'd sneak some into an online shopping cart.....
I sent you some a few years back. They are very nice blades.

They are good blades, but a bit too rough for my face. Lord blades are a weird bunch. The Lord Platinum is in my top 3 blades. ASCO is sharp, but rough on my face and leaves it irritated. Racer, Crown and Big Ben are solid blades which I can't really complain about, but I'd like a tiny bit more sharpness. Sharks are just not sharp enough for my whiskers, especially the Shark Platinum, it literally pulled whiskers off my face.

Generally speaking, Lord blades are great if you want to avoid P&G blades.

Not much left to say that hasn’t already been said, but the Silver Star blades are very nice. I get along well with most of the Lord line up. My favs are the Swedish Super Steel….not crazy sharp but nice and smooth.

Top Bottom