What's new

Gem Razors

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
As to the legs, I am curious how it will perform on all my nooks and crannies and bony areas.

I'll bet better than expected, but the weight of the razor alone can be too much pressure if only 1/4 of the blade is in contact with the skin. The PTFE blades are sharp. Their thickness makes them so smooth though. Be extra careful over any moles!

I'll bet better than expected, but the weight of the razor alone can be too much pressure if only 1/4 of the blade is in contact with the skin. The PTFE blades are sharp. Their thickness makes them so smooth though. Be extra careful over any moles!
I only have the Gem/Personna blades right now

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I only have the Gem/Personna blades right now

Stainless steel, PTFE (Teflon) coated. Those are most likely the ones you have.

s-l1600.jpg

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
They're stainless and not carbon anyway. Do not use utility blades from the hardware store haha.

They're stainless and not carbon anyway. Do not use utility blades from the hardware store haha.
I'll probably not buy any carbon steel blades for them...too many don't like them. Oh lordy, why would anyone think that hardware store utility blades would be good to use in a razor?

One of the issues to be aware of:
upload_2018-11-25_13-42-14.png

The above blades were purchased from Ted Pella. As you can see they state "For Industrial Use Only." However, they are the PTFE coated blades and work great for shaving.

If you want to see all of the variety of SE blades take a look at the EMS website.

Well, the razors didn't come today as expected...hopefully, tomorrow.
Lordy, please don't be another batch of duds, broken or not working razors like in the past.

Well, the 3 GEM Razors arrived TODAY, 11/29/18:
Arrived 11:30 am~Finished soaking in soapy water, scrubbing with brushes, ultrasonic cleaning 20 minutes, polished with Flisk and buffed out, final clean in the ultrasonic cleaner and sanitized with alcohol. I think they turned out great for the condition sent.

Attachments

• GEM Razors b4.2.JPG
    GEM Razors b4.2.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 28
  • 100_2394.JPG
    100_2394.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 27
  • 100_2397.JPG
    100_2397.JPG
    5.2 MB · Views: 52
  • 100_2399.JPG
    100_2399.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 32
  • 100_2400.JPG
    100_2400.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 35
  • 100_2401.JPG
    100_2401.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 31
  • 100_2395.JPG
    100_2395.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Well, the razors didn't come today as expected...hopefully, tomorrow.
Lordy, please don't be another batch of duds, broken or not working razors like in the past.

Those cleaned up really well, didn't they?

And the gem is the spitting image of my Ever-Ready.

gem1.JPG

Arrived 11:30 am~Finished soaking in soapy water, scrubbing with brushes, ultrasonic cleaning 20 minutes, polished with Flisk and buffed out, final clean in the ultrasonic cleaner and sanitized with alcohol. I think they turned out great for the condition sent.
You are good at cleaning up a razor. :) Let say $5 each (which is close to what I paid).

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
They look very nice, hope they work well for you Jill. I'm just bought some Gems also but have no blades yet(mail strike in Canada on Black Friday and Christmas parcels all back logged.).

Top Bottom