What's new

Gamechanger oc “Jaws”

The jaws and open comb are essential the same but the jaws has less teeth and wider gaps between the teeth. I like both but I wouldn’t sleep on the oc either, I think I prefer it to the jaws.
If only the OC were available right now. Maybe I'll pick up the Jaws while I wait and pick up the OC after it becomes available.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Boy RazorRock is one shrewd setup.
They take the .84 OC and do nothing
But remove two teeth and assign a
Wicket name to it , with the hopes of
Creating a giant Placebo group here.
I THINK they can and are in fact calling
The strategy a Success. Of course that's
Just my 2cents.

Thanks, I have a MK 2 Piccolo & Nobile Black tie which I like but tend to use for days which I haven’t shaved in 3 or 4 days which seems to be rare these days.

I also recently got a GC .84 SB which i’m really impressed with. So i’m Looking for something in between the GC SB and Fatip OC and trying to decide between the RR OC or Jaws. I will probably end up eventually getting both!.

+1 on both !!

Boy RazorRock is one shrewd setup.
They take the .84 OC and do nothing
But remove two teeth and assign a
Wicket name to it , with the hopes of
Creating a giant Placebo group here.
I THINK they can and are in fact calling
The strategy a Success. Of course that's
Just my 2cents.

I agree to a certain extent. I do think they differ slightly, but probably not enough to me to keep both indefinitely. Since I prefer the OC, I imagine the JAWS will leave my den eventually.

They finally restocked the baseplate-only option, I ordered one today as I already have the 0.84 SB version. Will see how I like it, I tend to favour efficient + aggressive razors and wanted something a bit more efficient that the 0.84 SB so hopefully I get along with the Jaws

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Can anyone comment on the Jaws or OC 0.84 vs the SB 0.84? The SB 0.84 just wasn't efficient enough to give me BBS. I am intrigued by the OC and Jaws.

For reference, my daily driver is a PAA Ascension in Stainless. BBS shaves every day.

Just ordered the JAWS baseplate too. I really like the .84 SB, but I'm hoping this one gives a bit of a closer shave.

Can anyone comment on the Jaws or OC 0.84 vs the SB 0.84? The SB 0.84 just wasn't efficient enough to give me BBS. I am intrigued by the OC and Jaws.

For reference, my daily driver is a PAA Ascension in Stainless. BBS shaves every day.

The OC and the JAWS do not represent a significant step up in efficiency. They are still moderately assertive/aggressive razors. If you didn’t like the SB, I doubt these are for you.

I have found Jaws to be efficient and smooth. The .84 SB caused irritation after 3-4 days. Probably operator error but I just could not get along with it. I believe Jaws is more efficient than the .84 SB but not by a lot. Not like going from a Super Speed to an Old type. More like going from a Testina to a Piccolo OC or a GC .68 SB to the .84 SB. I have the .84 OC I will be trying tomorrow. One of the fine B&B members traded me his OC for my .84 SB. Thanks Andrew!

The OC and the JAWS do not represent a significant step up in efficiency. They are still moderately assertive/aggressive razors. If you didn’t like the SB, I doubt these are for you.

I have to disagree here.. i personally didnt like the 0.84, very smooth shaver but not efficient enough at all, would class it as a mild razor

i gave it to my mate to try and he thought the same thing.. we are both now very happy owners of the jaws

to me and him, it is a big step up in efficiency that comes along with more blade feel also

I have to disagree here.. i personally didnt like the 0.84, very smooth shaver but not efficient enough at all, would class it as a mild razor

i gave it to my mate to try and he thought the same thing.. we are both now very happy owners of the jaws

to me and him, it is a big step up in efficiency that comes along with more blade feel also

Yes, we’ll have to agree to disagree on this. I do like the OC and the JAWS, though. To me they are more efficient, but not hugely so.

Yes, we’ll have to agree to disagree on this. I do like the OC and the JAWS, though. To me they are more efficient, but not hugely so.

Nah not the OC and Jaws, I only have the jaws never used the OC.. I think the guy who asked referred to the 0.84 which I interpreted to be the SB

I've used the Jaws for a half dozen shaves, and used the .84 OC for the first time this morning. I haven't used the .84 SB.

It's only one shave with the OC, but it didn't feel much different from the Jaws. I'll keep checking but, based on preliminary results, I don't think you can go wrong with either one. I'm very impressed with both, as they're mild on my face, yet efficient. Sort of in the Paradigm 17-4 or Rocnel 2019 Elite Aggressive category, but much cheaper. I don't regret owning both the Jaws and the OC.

Mine came in earlier today with a friend... First impressions and shave were great!

P9110013_ii.jpg

I have a Jaw's incoming.

Really looking forward to comparing it to my .84OC Gamchanger. I imagine they will be very similar, but I'm also hoping that the Jaw's will be a little more aggressive!

I finally got back from my trip and had a chance to compare the JAWS to my .84SB razor. I had taken my Game Changer on the road with me and had used it for five days straight. I've really grown to love that razor and can get BBS fairly easily. I was hoping the JAWS could make getting BBS just a bit easier.

It does. It's not a night and day difference, but the JAWS makes it just a touch more aggressive, enough so to feel the difference. Even though the comb is widely spaced, it's still very comfortable on the face and, like the SB, I can shave on cruise control with no fear.

If you're looking for a much more aggressive take on the Game Changer, this won't be it. It will make it a slight bit more aggressive, so consider whether or not that is worth the cost. Since it was such a small cost, it works for me.

Got my Jaws baseplate a few days ago and tried it out a couple of times with the radio knob handle and top cap I got with my 0.84 SB last year. The Jaws is surprisingly smooth (at least compared to a Fatip OC MKII) with an Astra SP blade and still decently efficient. I'd agree with the others that it is noticeably more efficient than the 0.84 SB, and I managed to get a fairly easy 2-pass BBS on my neck and face (the jawline/base of the jaw needed a bit of work but that's down to my technique rather than a flaw of the razor itself).

It seems to work well when riding the cap, but I'm still figuring out the sweet spot for the Jaws angle-wise. I'll see how I prefer it compared to the Fatip OC (which is also a great razor but lacks the handle heft/size I want, plus isn't compatible with typical razor handles due to its unique screw thread size), but so far, I do like it a lot.

Got my Jaws baseplate a few days ago and tried it out a couple of times with the radio knob handle and top cap I got with my 0.84 SB last year. The Jaws is surprisingly smooth (at least compared to a Fatip OC MKII) with an Astra SP blade and still decently efficient. I'd agree with the others that it is noticeably more efficient than the 0.84 SB, and I managed to get a fairly easy 2-pass BBS on my neck and face (the jawline/base of the jaw needed a bit of work but that's down to my technique rather than a flaw of the razor itself).

It seems to work well when riding the cap, but I'm still figuring out the sweet spot for the Jaws angle-wise. I'll see how I prefer it compared to the Fatip OC (which is also a great razor but lacks the handle heft/size I want, plus isn't compatible with typical razor handles due to its unique screw thread size), but so far, I do like it a lot.
FWIW Weber handles will work ok with the Fatip threading.

Love my Jaws. More than my Schone or Mk1?... happy to keep em all.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
proxy.php

Last edited:
Top Bottom