What's new

Frag Acquisitions

Ha. That quote is mine. From Basenotes likely.

I bought a 100ml bottle at Heathrow Duty Free in August and the batch code dates it to May 2022.

I thought it was discontinued as well, but it was reformulated/relaunched quietly.
Wow. I didn't even bother looking at who posted that comment. :facep:

Very cool. That's a great site by the way. I'm glad to know someone here and there as well.

I looked up the code on my bottle and it's from 2018-03 so it's clearly the original formula. Did you just happen to have both ingredient lists to compare or do you have an inside at TF?? 😁

Wow. I didn't even bother looking at who posted that comment. :facep:

Very cool. That's a great site by the way. I'm glad to know someone here and there as well.

I looked up the code on my bottle and it's from 2018-03 so it's clearly the original formula. Did you just happen to have both ingredient lists to compare or do you have an inside at TF?? 😁
I wouldn’t know what Butylphenyl Methylpropional or Butl Methoxydibenzoylmethane if my life depended on it. 🤪

I saw mention on another site that Grey Vetiver was discontinued and I posted that I had just bought a bottle produced a couple of months earlier. I was asked the ingredient list and people smarter than me figured out what was changed.

I just think it smells nice. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I wouldn’t know what Butylphenyl Methylpropional or Butl Methoxydibenzoylmethane if my life depended on it. 🤪

I saw mention on another site that Grey Vetiver was discontinued and I posted that I had just bought a bottle produced a couple of months earlier. I was asked the ingredient list and people smarter than me figured out what was changed.

I just think it smells nice. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Ahhhh... I see. Gotcha. Well thanks for setting me straight. I still got a great deal on the bottle I have and at the very least now I don't have to feel guilty every time I use it thinking I'm burning gold.

I have just the smallest bit of some Gucci Envy juice left. I really love this frag as well and wish it would be brought back from the dead.

Just came in. We'll see if it's close to the OG.

IMG_20221020_162710312.jpg

still new to all this stuff so just playing with some cheaper ones for now
have a few other cremo seem decent bang for buck and can return to target if I did not like them :)

we have a client that has a decant company so have had a few high end samples I loved but want to see if I even want to smell "better" throughout the day :) kinda do kinda OK with just being clean
this is going to be a journey I reckon to figure out what I really like the most and will get a few nice ones as I can tell they are just nicer but kinda wanted a variety of a few things first

had a coupon deal so the total for both these was under $20

I do love the smell of the Guess does not really last to well on me but kinda learning what I like so does the job
not sure about the bourbon and vanilla on the bourbon side :) but stuff lasts on me at least like the other cremo

IMG_6286.jpeg

still new to all this stuff so just playing with some cheaper ones for now
have a few other cremo seem decent bang for buck and can return to target if I did not like them :)

we have a client that has a decant company so have had a few high end samples I loved but want to see if I even want to smell "better" throughout the day :) kinda do kinda OK with just being clean
this is going to be a journey I reckon to figure out what I really like the most and will get a few nice ones as I can tell they are just nicer but kinda wanted a variety of a few things first

had a coupon deal so the total for both these was under $20

I do love the smell of the Guess does not really last to well on me but kinda learning what I like so does the job
not sure about the bourbon and vanilla on the bourbon side :) but stuff lasts on me at least like the other cremo

View attachment 1542692
Hey, we all started somewhere. There's nothing wrong with your starting point, all that matters is your curiosity and that you're on your way.

I get the hesitation to wear fragrance when it's sort of a new thing and not something you're very familiar with, but I usually get a base sense of sophistication and a kind of esteem / morale boost from wearing something that feels nice to me.

Continue to explore and you'll find ones that really speak to you soon enough. Theres a huge world out there in regards to fragrances so just enjoy exploring, figuring out what matches your style and mood. There's also nothing wrong with not wearing any some days. I most certainly take days off. It all just depends on my mood that day.

You might want to go to a Sephora or Macy's and just spend some time sniffing around. You can get some pretty good exposure this way.

@Time Bandit
thanks :) yeah did go in to a store we have quite a few here in PHX did some sniffing and going to go in again at some point maybe toward Xmas and get something a bit nicer

the one client I mentioned of ours that sent some nice stuff forgot all but did have the creed aventus some of the JPG also Channel blue and a few other popular that is what set the hook though and had enough I could really try them

I am finding also only been DE a few years and enjoying the shave experience and the smelling good kinda falls into that

Most my life has been rubber slippers and surf shorts and casual shirt and my own thing
I do not even own nice shoes or a tie or a button shirt or a sport jacket or anything like that as I do not need them :) so you can also see its just so new to me and never has been needed or would have fit in with my life till recently :) so my wife is having a good laugh at me liking this now at 59yr old

I just never had a reason and doing my own thing its still purely for me the wife since I am not out about to often which maybe is good since I do not have to worry about office rules or anything :) hahahahah

Last edited:
Mail call from Fragrancenet today. ADP Colonia Mirra. I sampled this at a Nordstrom’s some time ago perhaps before the pandemic breakout and just sat in wait for a deal to show up. It did for just barely over a century @$105.99 for the 180ml which is a steal, as at retail this goes for near $300+ on a good day. Very, very little is ever mentioned about some of this houses fabulous offerings. This one here is no exception. A light floral & citrus opening that goes right into the heart of what this fragrance is. Woods, Amber a little sweetness from the Nutmeg and a gorgeous Patchouli accord at the base in the drydown that is simply superb. You smell every facet of this fragrances evolution from start to finish. Gives one almost a church incense vibe sort of like Issey Miyake Pour Homme Or Encens with a tinge sweeter vibe and actually some similarity to Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense only not as soapy, powdery or cacao like. But, utterly gorgeous with an all Masculine vibe that is rich yet clean & sophisticated. A must try for anyone into Myrrh and Incense type accords.

6FF92A55-2E06-4DF7-9730-E7E8CF426523.jpeg

B35CBCA7-6401-4D9A-8AFD-8392FA72E2C1.jpeg

DC5E0F76-21D5-4186-8D83-7D646760446D.jpeg

Bought two new fragrances while walking around Paris today.

Bois Impérial by Essential Parfums and La Chasse aux Papillons by L'Artisan Parfumeur.

Both are excellent.

I am almost out of Tom Ford Ombre Leather and Dior Homme Intense, so I preordered big bottles from Duty Free for my return trip. Also added Givenchy Gentleman Eau de Parfum and Tom Ford Noir. An extra 20% if you order online dontcha know. 🤪

Mail call today from Armani Beauty. Took advantage of their Cyber Monday Sale & acquired the Armani Code Parfum. I’d already sampled it at either a Macy’s or Nordstrom some time back earlier this year. Honestly, Ive never really been the biggest fan of the Armani Code line sans for the original when first released many moons ago. Today’s version is so watered down it’s heartbreaking that Armani ruined the Original beyond recognition as performance is miserable at best, at least that’s my experience with the original Code of today. I do though own Code Ultimate (my favorite of the flankers) and owned a bottle of Code eau de parfum that I unfortunately damaged while retrieving it from storage. I have another on the way as I found it the closest to the original Code. Anyhow, I was intrigued by this version of Code Parfum because of the added Iris note that actually gives a slight floral nuance that gives it a slightly cleaner/fresher take yet still has the Code dna through & through but, slightly modernized and crisp with a very smooth Cedar & Tonka Bean drydown. Still as masculine as the original with a sophisticated touch. I like it, not sure if I will love it though. Wearing it is the only way to find out. Nice bottle to be honest.

Great scents to all….

BDCD1031-B026-4E4B-8B63-A28E0B06334D.jpeg

F1BEBDD0-CCAD-4EB8-B9A3-5BAA64614633.jpeg

FF67645F-2A14-4A54-A523-37F0991AEA90.jpeg

Top Bottom