What's new

Frag Acquisitions

Caswell-Massey Greenbriar. Purchased direct from Caswell-Massey on Black Friday, they had a great deal on all their products. A citrusy-woody fougere that stomps all over Davidoff Cool Water, I am so impressed, want to wear it every day. This scent has an 8-10 hour longevity, and is so natural smelling, it is hard to describe! I should have bought another bottle! I will be wearing this ALOT!!!!

Attachments

• 20221202_202201.jpg
    20221202_202201.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
The Code eau de parfum just came in today. Comparison with the Code parfum has started. Might need a couple more wearrings to really pick out the differences. Smells good and there are quite a bit of similarities between the two. There are subtle differences especially the Iris in the Code parfum and no lavender which the eau de parfum has in the opening. We’ll see.

94B415B7-132F-4D26-AA8F-D68F8B587F42.jpeg

Last edited:
First fragrance mail call of 2023. Habit Rouge by Guerlain L’Instinct. Not easy to find here Stateside but, I got lucky. In the batter’s box for tomorrow’s work day.
Good score. :thumbup: My first reaction to your pictures was to wonder what Guerlain did with that HR praline note. A check with Fragrantica corrected those thought. It's interesting how some new "flankers" have nothing to do with the original frag. I've seen this often enough to make me wonder. Has the cost for a new name from scratch become too expensive to create? You can't just dream up a new name and run with it. Anyway it sounds like an excellent warm weather scent.

Good score. :thumbup: My first reaction to your pictures was to wonder what Guerlain did with that HR praline note. A check with Fragrantica corrected those thought. It's interesting how some new "flankers" have nothing to do with the original frag. I've seen this often enough to make me wonder. Has the cost for a new name from scratch become too expensive to create? You can't just dream up a new name and run with it. Anyway it sounds like an excellent warm weather scent.

I got lucky to be quite honest on this acquisition. A vendor on the “bay” that I’ve dealt with before contacted me and asked if I’d be interested in a brand new bottle of this creation. Since I’m a fan of this house, I couldn’t refuse and the price was actually very accommodating. I’ll cut to the chase, this is NOT Habit Rouge in either edt or edp concentration. Rather, it has a very light resemblance to HR L’Eau but, not as citric on top and less vanilla in the drydown. Overall it‘s quite a deviation from the original and quite possibly could have stood alone as a whole new creation. I almost get vibes of H24 by Hermes in the first 10-15 minutes. Very fresh and modern that has decent legs in duration, roughly 6-7 hours on my skin. For those that adore the OG, this version can be a disappointment as it is not in the direct line of the Habit Rouge pedigree. Yet, for the first wearing, I did quite enjoy it though I was hoping for a bit more of a floral component especially the neroli & jasmine followed by the wonderful notes of leather, woods and patchouli that was masterfully blended in the eau de toilette. Couple more wearings and see how it macerates in the coming months quite possibly allowing the scents to evolve slightly. We’ll see….

On a whim I checked the local FB Marketplace and within a few hours I have these gems in my possession. I'd been looking out for a deal on Matchabelli for years now ever since I picked up a bottle of the aftershave at a thrift store. Here we have a big bottle of the cologne and a smaller bottle of Musk, which I didn't even know existed. The other find of this small haul is a mint condition bottle of Paul Sebastian V.S.O.P. Again, didn't really know it existed but damn if it's not close to perfect. I didn't like original PS when I sampled it, but this is smooth as silk. Like PS, it's spicy and woody, but with a very nice barbershop vibe. I'm thrilled.
Image (1).jpeg

Image.jpeg

Mail call #2 for fragrances in 2023. The left is Issey Miyake with a limited summer release in 2022, L’Eau D’Issey Pour Homme Summer (Kevin Lucbert is just the artist for this bottle graphics design). This one actually has a close proximity to the Original L’Eau from the early 90’s just slightly more modern. Still herbaceous and woodsy but, with a slightly brighter opening with the Lemon & Bergamot. The right is Valentino Uomo (L’Oreal version, not the Puig creation) which was super cheap for $83 US for the 150ml. I’ve never sampled this nor the Uomo Intense version but, I do have the Noire Absolu which is fantastic. For the $$$ I just took a chance and see how it goes.

9630E9B1-5976-476E-8A24-DA53A79BB4D2.jpeg

E60D11BE-8A1F-4B8F-9E02-1A6122C708DB.jpeg

174FFE8E-A78D-485A-876D-EFA34E286A9E.jpeg

Top Bottom