What's new

Frag Acquisitions

I should not drink and look at email. My favourite fragrance discounter “notified“ me that this came back into stock last night while I was getting silly with my wife and boys. Looks like they only got one bottle so I grabbed it.

It is an excellent summer scent, so why not?

1673708903381.jpeg

Mail call from DUA Fragrances. First purchase from this fragrance house that produces quality dupes/clones/replicas of designer & niche type fragrances. Extreme Fellow is a copy of Tom Ford Extreme for Men and Covet is a copy of Gucci Envy Pour Homme. Personally, I’d say they are about 90% identical to the Original creations. They are both extrait versions so potency should be amped up as well as performance across the board (well, that’s hoping that they will). Can’t say anything except that as a quick spray on each hand, they do smell amazingly good. Wearing this week to see how they fair in the coming days…

76B2795B-3D82-40ED-93B7-11F5D73F4053.jpeg

5D4BB755-6D5E-42F9-8339-FAFC61543415.jpeg

0AA444B0-5FF5-4950-B96E-4BB599200470.jpeg

Mail call from DUA Fragrances. First purchase from this fragrance house that produces quality dupes/clones/replicas of designer & niche type fragrances. Extreme Fellow is a copy of Tom Ford Extreme for Men and Covet is a copy of Gucci Envy Pour Homme. Personally, I’d say they are about 90% identical to the Original creations. They are both extrait versions so potency should be amped up as well as performance across the board (well, that’s hoping that they will). Can’t say anything except that as a quick spray on each hand, they do smell amazingly good. Wearing this week to see how they fair in the coming days…

View attachment 1589995
View attachment 1589994
View attachment 1589996
Have you tried this one?

I have a 100ml and a 10ml of the OG (Tom Ford Ombre Leather) and this is the best clone I have ever tried. Almost dead on for under $30. Amazing stuff.

Afnan Rare Carbon

1674320305512.jpeg

This one I managed to finagle from the ”E-b” auction site for a paltry $52 shipped. And yes, the 150ml at that. Here it’s from the Blu Mediterranean Line, Mirto di Panarea is a classy aromatic & marine fragrance of old school charm yet it exhibits modern facets of today’s perfumery from the house of Acqua Di Parma. But, then again just look at the creator of this juice, Francois Demachy. The former Executive Creator for the design house of Dior, the man is a who’s who of timeless creations such as the Dior Homme Line, the modernization of the Eau Sauvage lineage and the continuation of the legendary Fahrenheit Juggernaut and its flankers. He also has his signature on a few Acqua Di Parma creations as well such as Colonia Intensa (my favorite of the whole house), Colonia Oud and a few others. This one has his touch in full force especially with the basil, rose & juniper. Opens with a wonderful juicy citrus accord that is mouthwatering and natural to the nose. The myrtle though is the star of the show with this one playing nicely with some sea type accords. Almost like a eucalyptus type of vibe but, slightly sweeter and fresher with a camphoraceous tone from the opening into the mid. The base is a classic woods and amber drydown that compliments the very bright and aromatic opening to near perfection. There is a floral component that dances in and out during the wearing but, is not dominant or heavy. Really is one of the best creations from this house and the Blu Mediterranean line that gets very little mention across the fragrance forums. Marketed as a unisex fragrance, I can see both sexes wearing this quite nicely. For me though I get a slightly bit more of a masculine vibe especially on the drydown perhaps coming from the cedar & juniper note. Fresh, clean and a classic Italian style cologne as if one is seated right off the shoreline in Polignano A Mare with a serving of Prosecco and fresh lemonade or some Negroni. I can practically taste it.

Good stuff gents….

24F81FAF-2BB6-440B-AAFE-841424323BCC.jpeg

004F7868-8499-4473-B402-792F399DBA3B.jpeg

Nice. Intense is excellent.

Have you tried Parfum? Similar to Intense but different enough that I own both... and Dior Homme EDT, and Cologne… and likely soon to own Sport. I love the entire line. 🤷‍♂️
Have not tried it but Thinking about tracking down a bottle of the Parfum. Long term goal lol. Not exactly easy unless you wanna pay $250+

Have not tried it but Thinking about tracking down a bottle of the Parfum. Long term goal lol. Not exactly easy unless you wanna pay $250+
Agreed. I found a bottle in Madrid a few months ago. About $100USD/100ml. Well worth it but I wouldn’t pay $250. It is hard to find, but it is 90% the same as intense IMO.

Agreed. I found a bottle in Madrid a few months ago. About $100USD/100ml. Well worth it but I wouldn’t pay $250. It is hard to find, but it is 90% the same as intense IMO.
I’m wearing the Intense today and it’s pretty darn close to my pre-2020 Dior Homme. I’m sure if I did some A/B testing the difference would be more obvious. But just wearing it, kind of hard to tell. But that’s fine this DNA is nearly perfect.

My wife and I had some time to kill today while my daughter was at gymnastics. There is a Marshall’s around the corner so we went to buy a few things we need for an upcoming Europe trip.

I found a Versace Dylan Blue gift set for dirt cheap (about $30USD) and I grabbed it. It is a really nice scent. Maybe a bit young for me, but I could care less. 🤷‍♂️

096989B5-F51B-4C1A-913B-0D14453D083F.png

I am heading to Europe in a month and pre-ordered some Duty Free.

Very good prices at the St. Pancras train station duty free for my trip from London to Brussels, so I ordered the following…

Tom Ford Tuscan Leather (30ml)
Tom Ford Noir Extreme Parfum (50ml)
Tom Ford Ombre Leather Parfum (50ml)

@GlazedBoker How are the Dua fragrances? Interested in a few offerings and looking for some feedback.

Pardon my late reply amigo. Of the two that I own, I find them to be quite good in both likeness & performance to the original’s. Covet is a very, very close dupe of Gucci Envy that was one of the great creations from Tom Ford. It’s a little thicker & denser as it’s an extrait concentration but, the mandarin up top with the ginger is there then it’s lightly caressed by lavender & carnation. There is a rose nuance that is finished with cedar & sandalwood that gives it almost a smokey incense vibe. Just a touch but, noticeable. And that scent stays for about 8-10 hours on the skin with decent projection for the first 2-3 hours. Extreme Fellow is Dua’s version of Tom Ford Extreme for Men. Close to the original as well but, not identical say 80%. Lemon from the get go, then right into the fig, cedar & patchouli for the entire wearing. I didn’t get much of the truffle accord but, there is a slight powdery earth like note that could be it. It is lightly sweetened by the fig with the cedar giving a nice wood balance. The patchouli grounds it out very nicely for a practically year round scent and for nearly any occasion. I really do like both as the originals to acquire require a 2nd mortgage and a first born for the prices they are fetching. Ridiculous really. But, these are close enough that they scratch the itch. Wait for a 25% off sale as that drops the price considerably to about $40-$45 for a 30ml extrait bottle. They do offer smaller sizes @10ml but, not available for all scent creations. I’m happy with the two offerings I acquired. So is my wallet…. :001_smile

Picked this up at a local TJMAXX today for $29.99US. I’ve never heard of Davidoff Cool Water Reborn until today. At first sniff, there is a semblance to the original but, this goes off on a different path of its own. More woods and a blue nuance to it. Looking forward to wearing it in the coming weeks and see how it fairs. Initial impressions are not bad at all….

3124E664-7A47-42C2-B2A0-E09C85E5898F.jpeg

19285491-3BAE-4B50-BF36-6F0BF63AD8FD.jpeg

Top Bottom