What's new

Frag Acquisitions

Just got a NOS "can" of vintage YSL Rive Gauche, and I'm loving it! I've been enjoying Fine American Blend AS, which is pretty close, but this is the real deal....

Just got a NOS "can" of vintage YSL Rive Gauche, and I'm loving it! I've been enjoying Fine American Blend AS, which is pretty close, but this is the real deal....

I love Fine American AS, and have been thinking about picking up the YSL. I assume the YSL is stronger/ longer lasting/ projecting than the Fine. Any other differences between them?

picked up some Mugler Pure Havane and Pure Malt, oh and a few different oud samples :) Can't wait to try the oud, part of me hopes that I hate it, lol

picked up some Mugler Pure Havane and Pure Malt, oh and a few different oud samples :) Can't wait to try the oud, part of me hopes that I hate it, lol

So, today I got a surprise in the mail :) With my above frags (minus the oud..it's not here yet) came a nice sample of L'Instant de Guerlain. It's been on my list to try for some time now, and for whatever reason, I hadn't tried it yet. Man o' Man am I glad I've tried it now, it's fantastic and can easily see this being something that I wear a LOT. The citrusy open and then that nice warm anise emerges towards the end of the dry down. The best part, SWMBO LOVES it too. This is one of only a few win's I've had in the "the wife likes it too" department.

It pays to sample, sample, sample....

I recently acquired a NOS "can" of Rive Gauche myself - it is really a nice fragrance, my new daily driver for sure. I've loved American Blend for a while, and all of the other like-scented products out there, but when I smelled Rive Gauche from the square glass bottle I was a little disappointed. Now that I've got a "can" the disappointment is gone, its just wonderful stuff.

Two weeks ago my wife gave me a birthday present (of course she asked me first what I wanted) of Cartier Pasha Noire. It's GREAT.

Recently, In addition to a NOS can of Rive Gauche I picked up, I have grabbed full bottles of Pour un Homme de Caron and Geoffrey Beene's Grey Flannel. I also purchased the following Creed samples:

10mL Green Irish Tweed
5mL Aventus
5mL Santal
5mL Millesime Imperial

This is not my first experience with GIT and Aventus, just refilling some decants until I can purchase full bottles (after my Christmas shopping is done). This is, however, my first experience with Santal and Millesime Imperial. I was able to sample both at Nordstrom not too long ago, and enjoyed the Santal enough to give it a test run. The Millesime Imperial I really enjoyed as well, however that sample is for SWMBO to try out; I think she'll enjoy it even more, and I'm hoping that I can make that a Christmas present for her :wink2:.

Today I bought Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue, Aqua Velva Musk, Skin Bracer Original and Afta from the local Walmart. I looked at the more expensive colognes there, but decided to wait for the Christmas season sales.

Just received a bottle of Taylor of Old Bond Street Mr Taylor cologne from my friend the UPS guy. I can't wait to add it to my cold weather rotation. I'm thinking of layering it on top of my AV musk a/s..

I relapsed into a new wave of frag acquisition disorders (it's been a few years). At least most are decants :biggrin1:.

10ml Tom Ford Tuscan Leather
5ml Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille
5ml Tom Ford Oud Wood
10ml Creed Green Irish Tweed
30ml Creed Aventus
3.4oz TM Pure Havane
3.4oz TM Pure Malt
2.5oz Van Cleef Midnight in Paris (EdP)
4.2oz YSL Rive Guache (NOS can)

I should be set for a very long time.

Last edited:
I relapsed into a new wave of frag acquisition disorders (it's been a few years). At least most are decants :biggrin1:.

10ml Tom Ford Tuscan Leather
5ml Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille
5ml Tom Ford Oud Wood
10ml Creed Green Irish Tweed
30ml Creed Aventus
3.4oz TM Pure Havane
3.4oz TM Pure Malt
2.5oz Van Cleef Midnight in Paris (EdP)
4.2oz YSL Rive Guache (NOS can)

I should be set for a very long time.

Those tom fords... I want!!! Lol

Just scored an unopened bottle of D&G the One on the bay 3.2oz for $30 shipped. Also walked by fragrance counter at Macys yesterday and was struck by Invictus, instantly bought a bottle. Very hard to describe scent but my wife and I both were attracted to it.

Just received this little shipment of assorted products $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412878781.344570.jpg

Top Bottom