What's new

Frag Acquisitions

I just picked up Curve at Sam's Club yesterday for the first time in years. 4.2 oz. bottle and the smaller 1 oz. bottle for $29.98. It's a scent that I really missed, and reminds me of when I was 18. It's a classic, and one I'll always keep around in my collection.

I managed to score a bottle of YSL Rive Gauche Pour Homme (older version) online a week or so ago and it finally arrived today.

I scored a half full YSL La Nuit. Everyone seems to love this one.

And I just placed a decant order for:
CREED Millesime Imperial
Acqua di Parma Colonia Leather
YSL M7 Oud Absolu
CREED Bois du Portugal

My most recent acquisitions -

Samples/Decants:

Creed Royal Oud
Acqua di Parma Colonia
Lalique Encre Noire
Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Havane
Thierry Mugler Ice*Men
Tom Ford Grey Vetiver
Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

Full Bottles:

Azzaro pour Homme
Serge Lutens Chergui
Cuba Red (threw it in to reach free shipping - SURPRISINGLY nice for how dirt cheap it is)

My collection has really expanded in the last two months. I've picked up a bunch of colder weather scents - now I need to work on getting some warmer weather scents ($$$...).

Last edited:
Picked up Cuba Prestige at Ross for $7.99 yesterday. Read comparisons to the original A*Men. Definitely a clone but a pretty well done clone.

$IMG_20141105_101028.jpg

Geoffrey Beene Grey Flannel
Frederick Malle Musc Ravageur
YSL La Nuit de L'Homme
Eight & Bob
Guerlain Homme Intense
L'Occitance Eau de Baux
Dior Homme

Al of them winners except for the Grey Flannel. SWMBO says it smells like cleaning fluid.

Hi all, first time post here. Just getting into fragrances, and I discovered wet shaving about six months ago. After trying a lot of samples, I recently purchased bottles of GFT Eucris, Penhaligon's Sartorial, (thanks Bullgoose!) and Acqua di Parma Essenza. Love all three of these!

John

SAMPLES/DECANTS:
Comme des Garcons Wonderwood
Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Malt
Laura Biagiotti Roma Uomo
Serge Lutens Feminite du Bois (for SWMBO)
Serge Lutens Bois Vanille (for SWMBO)

FULL BOTTLES:
Jean Paul Gaultier Fleur du Male

FUTURE:
I suspect (hehe) that I'll be getting a bottle of Creed Green Irish Tweed and Penhaligon's English Fern for my upcoming birthday/Christmas. I also suspect that I will be getting a gift certificate to FragranceNet, which will be put toward Guerlain Vetiver, and maybe Dior Eau Sauvage :wink2:

Right now, I only have Ogallala double-strength bay rum, Tabac and Knize Ten. In the last week, I've ordered:

Guerlain Vetiver
Czech & Speake Cuba
Kouros
Yatagan
Quorum
Azzaro Pour Homme

I just picked up these:

Versace Eros
Versace Pour Homme
Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Malt
Lacoste Black
Dior Homme
Blue de Chanel
Paco Rabanne Invictus
Jean Paul Gauthier Le Male Summer

Creed Green Irish Tweed remains elusive here in Sweden (at a reasonable price) but remains my most desired product.

I've had decants or samples of these for awhile and decided they were all FBW

Full Bottles:
Chanel Platinum Egoiste 3.4 oz
Givenchy Gentlemen Only 3.3 oz
Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme 3.3 oz
Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de l'Homme 3.4 oz
Dior Homme Intense 3.4 oz

Samples:
Le Labo Rose 31
Le Labo Santal 33
Le Labo Bergamote 22
Le Labo Patchouli 24
Le Labo Vetiver 46

Last edited:
In my younger days, I wore Polo and then went to Eau Sauvage. I thought they were fine. Now after trying a bunch of samples, I have found something I love: Habit Rouge. Luca Turin once wrote that the appreciation of Habit Rouge comes with a "fondness for sighing Labradors." I dearly love the sound of a sighing Labrador (it is the sound they make in the evening when settling down on an oriental rug next to your feet as they prepare to doze, a sound of comfort and satisfaction), so Dr. Turin is spot on.

I received a small pleasant surprise when the package arrived from Fragrance.net. They sent the Collector's Packaging. I didn't want to pay the extra dollars for it, but it is more elegant.

$IMG_2431.jpg$IMG_2434.jpg$IMG_2439.jpg

Top Bottom