Rating: 4.5 / 5

Razor: Gillette Tech — England, not sure of date
Blade: Persona Med Prep
Brush: Semogue 610
Lather: Theophile Berthon
Aftershave: Pitralon Classic

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Sticking with my theme of vintage razors from across the ocean, today’s victim is the 1050’s #66 British Aristocrat. Take the best Super Speed and make it smoother and more efficient, and this is what you get. Plus the rhodium finish and barber pole handle look like a million bucks! Super easy, pleasurable DFS+ shave. Used a vintage Polish Wizamet Irridium Super blade with over a dozen shaves in it. I lost count long ago on this one. Started and finished with some Samhain. Excellent way to start the day!

2587CAC9-C593-46AB-B604-B521614CE9CA.jpeg

I forgot to post this last night, better late than never I guess.

I normally don't shave every day but I want to get in as many razors as I can over the next 2 weeks. I'll probably go back to my Straights after that.

Since I don't shave every day, I wanted a razor that gave me a smooth, less aggressive shave. So I brought out my Coles Slant and wasn't disappointed. It's so smooth that I had to make sure I didn't forget to put a blade in it. The efficiency of this razor was also not a disappointment. It's been 12 hours and I still have a hard time feeling any stubble.

The Coles N.Y. is a rebranded Merkur 37c. I also have a Pomco Chicago that is just like it. Merkur also made Lunawerk and Hoffritz. They're just like the modern 37c except they're silver plated and in my opinion, better made.

2021-04-01 22.47.53.jpg

Sticking with my theme of vintage razors from across the ocean, today’s victim is the 1050’s #66 British Aristocrat. Take the best Super Speed and make it smoother and more efficient, and this is what you get. Plus the rhodium finish and barber pole handle look like a million bucks! Super easy, pleasurable DFS+ shave. Used a vintage Polish Wizamet Irridium Super blade with over a dozen shaves in it. I lost count long ago on this one. Started and finished with some Samhain. Excellent way to start the day!

View attachment 1245326
Great looking brush

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Friday 20210402
Vintage April
Razor: Gillette Red Tip Super Speed (England)
Blade: Perma-Sharp (1)
Brush: Rooney Butterscotch Badger
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: WSP Rustic Tobacco
Moisturizer: Nivea Post Shave Balm + Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman
Fragrance: Canoe
20210402_160724~2.jpg

The Gillette English Red Tip Super Speed is an iconic TTO razor that is "too cool for school". Shaves instinctively. Seems to be a bit more efficient than the USA version. Very comfortable to use. As you can probably tell, I really like the English Red Tip :thumbup:

Excellent shave! :cool:

Shave #177 overall [+] "Vintage April" [+] Night shave [+] Cold water

tempImage6u3s8Y.jpg

Tonight I switched a different variable from my FFfMM setup: the blade. I remember liking German Wilkinson Sword blades. I found it to be a little easier to shave with than the Nacets. I enjoyed going back to the New SC, which has obviously become pretty familiar. Three full passes and plenty of touchups later, I had a few weepers for sure, and unfortunately still left the sides of my mustache area rough when felt ATG. Kinda drives me crazy! I may need to use a steeper angle there.

During the day today, it was obvious that last night's shave with the Tech wasn't as long-lasting as my better shaves with the New.

Tomorrow, the soap variable gets changed. Back to Tabac! And a new Nacet goes in the razor for the sake of comparison. After that, the Fixed Four and its follow up tests are completely done.

Saturday's shave

B&M Le Grand Chypre
Simpson Colonel
Gillette Tech No.77 set
Personna Platinum
SV Cubebe splash

I've used a different old Gillette each day this week & I'm surprised how well they've all shaved, even the mildest ones. A bbs result from the Tech in three passes and onto the New tomorrow.

XT030761 (1).jpg

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I’m staying in the British Isles once more for today. This time going back to the 1930’s with this 7 O’Clock Flat Bottom NEW with its original 7 O’Clock branded Bakelite case. Paired with a vintage Wizamet blade from across the way in Poland, the Flat Bottom NEW offers a super smooth shave that’s a bit more aggressive and efficient than a British Tech from the same period. Plus these vintage Brit open comb razors look so spiffy. I broke out a virgin block of Mogno from Portugal to provide the lather. And to wrap it up, I came back home to the USA and applied a healthy splash of Clubman for that old school barbershop scent that will linger until lunchtime. A great way to start the day.

DEF9CBFA-8CC1-4BB0-B9C9-A94092DA38AE.jpeg

Plus these vintage Brit open comb razors look so spiffy.

You guys have some pretty awesome vintage stuff. I had a feeling this would be a good thread to follow. I'd only seen the 7 O'Clock branding on blades so far.

I've used a different old Gillette each day this week & I'm surprised how well they've all shaved, even the mildest ones. A bbs result from the Tech in three passes and onto the New tomorrow.

I look forward to your comparison. Shaving with the New SC all throughout March gave me a real appreciation for it. Although the postwar Tech feels remarkably similar, the New seems to offer a wider range of shaving angles to me.

You guys have some pretty awesome vintage stuff. I had a feeling this would be a good thread to follow. I'd only seen the 7 O'Clock branding on blades so far.

I look forward to your comparison. Shaving with the New SC all throughout March gave me a real appreciation for it. Although the postwar Tech feels remarkably similar, the New seems to offer a wider range of shaving angles to me.
So far the Diplomat has given the best and longest lasting result, followed by the Aristocrat and then the Tech...

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I’m staying in the British Isles once more for today. This time going back to the 1930’s with this 7 O’Clock Flat Bottom NEW with its original 7 O’Clock branded Bakelite case. Paired with a vintage Wizamet blade from across the way in Poland, the Flat Bottom NEW offers a super smooth shave that’s a bit more aggressive and efficient than a British Tech from the same period. Plus these vintage Brit open comb razors look so spiffy. I broke out a virgin block of Mogno from Portugal to provide the lather. And to wrap it up, I came back home to the USA and applied a healthy splash of Clubman for that old school barbershop scent that will linger until lunchtime. A great way to start the day.

View attachment 1245839
Beautiful kit! :thumbup:

Top Bottom