What's new

Focus on Vintage DEs for 2 Weeks: 4/1 - 4/15

Graydog

Biblical Innards
A day late , Easter Sunday Shave.
Every Sunday I use My Toggle and Old Spice stuff. And yesterday was no exception . Always a Great shave and time to reflect 🥰

Attachments

• PXL_20210404_111052163.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20210404_111052163.PORTRAIT.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 13

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
This is a razor I use very rarely. It is in such great condition, and I want to keep it that way. Near mint Toggle with original case and goodies. I got a bit adventurous today. First 2 passes on 7. Third pass and buffing on 9. A little extra burn with the splash, but not too bad. Excellent shave results. Near BBS. Used the Mogno again. Working on my Mogno Box, so it’ll be a bunch more days on the Mogno to work out the design. Great soap! Quite a pleasant scent, and awesome slick lather. Leo Frilot custom Timberwolf. The Holy Black Vampire Hunter splash and EDT is amazing stuff. An excellent start to the week.

CE57E5CA-A97F-45F6-865A-EEB29ECF6292.jpeg

Last night's shave (Saturday), an F-4 Gillette Toggle. This razor shaves as good as in looks. I'll never forget the day I rescued it from the bottom of an old shoe box at a junk store. When I first saw it, I thought it was an Executive until I pulled it out and saw the toggle on the end.

There have been discussions where it has been said that the Fatboy and the Toggle are the same and shave the same. This is not true. The adjusting mechanism is different. When the Standard Toggle (like the Red Dot Fatboy) is adjusted, the entire blade tray moves up and down which keeps the blade flat unlike the Fatboy which bends the blade when adjusted. This gives it a much different feel, smoother in my opinion than the Fatboy, which is also a great razor. YMMV

View attachment 1246734
Stunning razor

Today's vintage shave is with a 1947 Gillette Super Speed. It is not as smooth as a Tech, but I really appreciate that it feels more aggressive/efficient than the Tech I have from the same approximate time period. Keeping with the vintage theme, I choose the classic Italian Proraso, which of course requires a classic Italian Omega 49 boar brush, my first brush.

Attachments

• IMG_20210405_175837625.jpg
    IMG_20210405_175837625.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 7
I get to join in the fun today. I received my first vintage Gillette today.
Avocado oil for a preshave.
I used a date code H 2 Slim Adjustable with a GSB blade.
TOBS Sandalwood cream. I use this when trying out something new to me.
PAA Peregrino brush
Stirling unscented balm
Fine Santel Absolut after shave

Gillette slim.jpg

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Monday 20210405
Vintage April
20210405_204159~2.jpg

Razor: Gillette 1941 Ranger Tech
Blade: Perma-Sharp (3)
Brush: Rudy Vey B&B Group Buy 2020 (Shavemac 22mm 2-Band Silvertip)
Lather: Martin de Candre Fougère
Moisturizer: Nivea Post Shave Balm + Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: Brut Classic

The 1941 Ranger Tech is a lot of fun to use. :)

Excellent shave! :cool:

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Tech Tuesday Deluxe

Today’s shave is courtesy of the venerable Hybrid Tech. A buttery smooth and efficient razor. Used the Mogno soap, and finished off with some B&M 42 splash. Yummy! This shave was conducted with a polished H&S handle, which gives the Hybrid amazing control and balance. This will be my last shave with this razor. It is going to a new home. Will I miss this razor? No. Why? Because I have another one. 😎😜

A948E7F2-199B-46BF-B291-AF41B4CA0649.jpeg

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Tech Tuesday Deluxe

Today’s shave is courtesy of the venerable Hybrid Tech. A buttery smooth and efficient razor. Used the Mogno soap, and finished off with some B&M 42 splash. Yummy! This shave was conducted with a polished H&S handle, which gives the Hybrid amazing control and balance. This will be my last shave with this razor. It is going to a new home. Will I miss this razor? No. Why? Because I have another one. 😎😜

View attachment 1247423
An excellent way to start Tech Tuesday Deluxe! :thumbup:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Monday 20210405
Vintage April
View attachment 1247288
Razor: Gillette 1941 Ranger Tech
Blade: Perma-Sharp (3)
Brush: Rudy Vey B&B Group Buy 2020 (Shavemac 22mm 2-Band Silvertip)
Lather: Martin de Candre Fougère
Moisturizer: Nivea Post Shave Balm + Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: Brut Classic

The 1941 Ranger Tech is a lot of fun to use. :)

Excellent shave! :cool:

Correction: As pictured, my brush yesterday was the Wild West Brushworks Invasion Handle (TNS 26mm Original BOSS Fan).
20210405_204159~2.jpg

Top Bottom