What's new

Focus on Vintage DEs for 2 Weeks: 4/1 - 4/15

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
With the mid-priced DE comparison and recent new DE acquisitions, seems like I've been shaving with mostly new razors for some time.

Really like my vintage DEs so I figured I'd do a two week focus using only vintage DEs. Let's define 'vintage' as any DE razor manufactured 1966 or older.

Why only two weeks? Because I'll be lucky to keep my ShavingADD in check that long, much less for a full month. ;)

Beginning on 4/1, I'll start posting my vintage DE shaves to this thread. If you would like to do so, please feel free to post your vintage shaves and comments.

Have fun and Happy Shaves. :cool:

Shaved with my pre-1950 ball-end Tech this morning. 7 O'Clock Sharpedge, Proraso Red. Honestly not my BEST shave ever because I didn't have enough time for my full pre-shave prep, and had to do a quickie 2-pass, but a DFS with no blood drawn and I went from waking up to out the door in 20 mins.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
I started today ☺️
PXL_20210327_124307054~4.jpg

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Decided to also start Vintage April early. :)

Sunday 20210328
Vintage April
Razor: Gillette Tech/NEW Hybrid (England) (Charcoal Goods Copper Dimpled Handle)
Blade: Kai (3)
Brush: Kent Infinity Plus
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Musgo Real Classic
Moisturizer: Nivea Post Shave Balm + Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: Stetson Original AS
Fragrance: Stetson Original Cologne
20210328_203957~2.jpg

Kicking off Vintage April in style with the English Gillette Tech/NEW Hybrid paired with a Charcoal Goods Copper Dimpled Handle and Kai blade. Smooth, effective and elegant. :001_wub:

Outstanding shave! :cool:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Monday 20210329
Vintage April

The Hardware:
20210329_163239~2.jpg

Razor: Stahly (Signature Shaving SSC39 Handle)
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium (4)
Brush: TurnNShave Handle (TNS 25mm Quartermoon Knot)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper

The Software:
20210329_163341~2.jpg

Lather: Martin de Candre Nature
Moisturizer: Nivea Post Shave Balm + Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: RazoRock Zi' Peppino

The Stahly is a very interesting razor. I use it without the heavy vibrator handle. Medium efficient. Medium+ blade feel. Paired with the Wizamet, the Stahly is not quite as smooth as my Top Tier Techs. Next time I shave with the Stahly, I'll use a Silver Star or a Perma-Sharp. Overall, the Stahly is an enjoyable vintage razor. :)

Very nice shave! :cool:

Last edited:
Shaved with my pre-1950 ball-end Tech this morning. 7 O'Clock Sharpedge, Proraso Red. Honestly not my BEST shave ever because I didn't have enough time for my full pre-shave prep, and had to do a quickie 2-pass, but a DFS with no blood drawn and I went from waking up to out the door in 20 mins.
This morning with a 24-hour beard, I armed myself with my chronologically oldest pipe, the 1930s Gillette NEW Short Comb. Blade, a Personna Red with 3 shaves on it. Most excellent.

Top Bottom