What's new

First Shaving Brush

I made my first shaving brush today. It's not the prettiest thing in the world, but I'm still happy. It still needs a little bit more finish sanding and a CA finish. The knot is a 20mm badger and still needs to be set. The finish should bring out the wood colors better and show the contrast better.

View attachment 468681

Thank you for the compliments.
The knot is a 20mm badger knot that I picked up at Woodcraft for $10.25. I wanted an inexpensive knot to practice with before I buy a bigger, more expensive knot. The wood is a piece of laminated hardwood that I bought. It's already laminated in the package and intended for bottle stopper projects ($16-17 for 4). It caught my eye as I walked by in the store.

I plan on hand sanding over the next couple of days. I'm going to do a CA finish and polish to 12K and buff. I'll post pictures when it's done.

I woke up early this morning and couldn't go back to sleep. My wife decided to sleep in, so I had quite a bit of time without disturbances. I finished the shaving brush. The knot still needs to be set. I'm pretty proud of it for a first attempt. I'm going to be giving it away at the Sacramento get together in two weeks.
$IMG_0242.jpg

Top Bottom