What's new

FFFMM (Fixed Four For March Madness) 2023 Edition

IMG_20230327_173801.jpg

Last week... loaded with 5th PermaSharp, entire tusk used. Cella got a hole but it will last through April as it seems 😁
Omega is the real star of this challenge but I'll dedicate separate review to it, as it really deserves it!
All the rest... is it worth mentioning? 2pass, WTG+ATG no issues, sleeper's shave, unchallenging, bit boring, comfortable, feel like I grew an extra layer of skin due to month of mild shaves.... why do I complain? 🤔

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
why do I complain?

The dinosaurs were content. Now we the remains of them and their surrounding vegetation to make handles for shaving brushes or stabilize “natural” material brush handles in acrylic resin.

When we’re part of some nascent continent’s petroleum reserves – easily more than ten years from now – I’m afraid handle turners like various B&B dream-team artisans won’t be doing that kind of work.

So complain loudly, undeservedly, and without interruption lest humanity quietly and reservedly crumble into peat and asphaltic puddling.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
This morning's shave will be the last Monday shave of this Fixed.

3-27-23.X1.Mike's.BlueBoar.640.JPG

I picked kit I knew would be great and it's not disappointed. If anything I've improved with the X1. It is a Daily Driver for sure.

Saturday and Sunday shaves didn't happen so there was plenty to remove, but the gear came through.

My beautiful blue unbleached brush has broken in a lot more over the course of the Fixed. It now has the most delicious scrub coupled with gloriously soft bristles. Boars are hard to beat and unbleached boars are in a special class.

Thanks to everyone for posting such great gear photos. I love seeing them.

Happy shaves,

Jim

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
20230227_122329-jpg.1613710

(Same old recycled pic)

March 28th, 01:30
11th Fixed Four shave (31 hour growth)
11th shave on this blade

Another great shave today. Not quite up to the level of perfection of the one before, but three days stubble always shaves better than one days.

Nearly the end of the month. I might squeeze in another shave before then. A few shaves ago, I was really starting to miss my usual razor, but seem to have settled in with this one better now. So much So, that I might keep going with this set up, once the month is over. I am curious to see what it will be like going back to my default razor, but that doesn't need to be immediate.

I might finish off this blade first, which would most likely take me a few more weeks. Twenty to thirty shaves is typical for me with these blades, but I have had some last longer.

thombrogan

FFFMM

Last night’s luxury shave
GEM Micromatic Open Comb
Personna GEM PTFE (4)
Damp washcloth aka “shave binky”
Simpson Wee Scot 13mm badger brush
Pre-shave: hot shower followed by a minute or so of waterboarding with shave binky
Lather: Wickhams 1912 Club Cola Soap, face-lathered
Aftershave: Ulm Nom
Post-shave: face wash with shave binky

Ran the lather a little richer with more soap and more water and my shave was comfortable and close
A teeny weeper on my left sideburn area and a slightly sensitive feeling overall this morning suggest too close. Compared to the other pre-shave practices and products I’ve tried, a little waterboarding after a shower is working best.

FFFMM - Shave #22

Razor: RazoRock Lupo .95 SB
Blade: Dorco Titan
(5th Use)
Brush: AP Shave Co. Aluminum Layered Comfort handle w/Mühle STF 25mm @~55mm
Soap: Unscented With Beeswax by Stirling Soap Co.

Post-Shave:
Fine American Blend
Stirling's Post Shave Balm (unscented w/menthol)

Three pass shave (last pass is more or less cleanup).

Near perfect shave on nearly two days growth. No nicks, weepers, or irritation and smooth all over. Plus very little feedback from the aftershave. A darn fine shave, DFS++.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
SOTD: :001_wub:
Razor: Fatip Noce OC
Blade: New Lord Platinum (11)
Brush: Omega Evo Ovale
Cream: Old Spice Original
Aftershave: Old Spice Original
053_01_25.jpg

It's been an arduous week getting back to posting my FFFMM shaves. My work was insane in preparation for Spring Break. I planned on taking Wed, Thur, and Friday off this week and playing catch up at work on Monday and Tuesday. Life had different plans. I had a molar get infected and needed extraction or a root canal. This time I chose extraction just to get back at it. :a31: That was done yesterday. I didn't have an appointment, so I did an emergency walk-in. They forgot about me in the waiting room. I spent 5 1/2 hours waiting and was finally out by 8 PM. I'm taking the whole week off now. My shave was good. My weight is perfect at 150. My exercise routine is going great. :a20: I will have to take the week off until this Friday to exercise as per my dentist's instructions.

Cheers
Rave

FFFMM 3/28/23, Shave No.#18

Fixed 4 Set up:
Rockwell T2 SS-Bic Chrome Platinum-APShaveCo. 28mm Silksmoke Winter-Rockwell shave cream Barbershop
Optional Gear:
Narciso Rodriguez for Him a/s Lotion-Narciso Rodriguez for Him eau de toilette

Same old shave minus the chin area (still not healed completely but, getting close) as the goatee is still in play. Cheeks and neck were done nicely in 2.5 passes without an issue. The scents were nice to close out the day.

Great shaves to all…

1DB817B9-1087-47FE-9E6C-C7F25F400933.jpeg

FFFMM Shave 19 -

1680066998240.png

Preshave Soap: PAA Cube - in a bowl
Preshave Brush: Zenith B33 bleached boar
Razor: GameChanger .68P
Blade: Gillette Platinum (3)
Soap: Mike's Barber Shop (41)
Brush: Omega Jade Boar (59)

1680066849223.png

Still in with what will likely be my second to last FFFMM shave. Feels good. What a great event this has been. Thanks @Cal!

Date: March 29, 2023.
Shave: 15.
Shaving Brush: Semogue 820 Boar Bristle.
Shaving Cream: O'Melhor Classico.
Razor: Rockwell 6S in Red with base plate 3.
Blade: Gillette Nacet Blade 5, shave 3, side 1 & 2.
Preshave Wash: Hot Water, Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser.
Lathering: Bowl lather.
Shave: Pass 1 WTG, Pass 2 XTG, Pass 3 ATG, cleanup pass.
Post Shave: Cold Water splash, Alum Block.
Aftershave: Dickinson's Witch Hazel, Denim Aqua.
End Result: Comfortable, close with some patches on both jawlines.

thombrogan

FFFMM

Last night’s luxury shave
GEM Micromatic Open Comb
Personna GEM PTFE (5)
Damp washcloth aka “shave binky”
Simpson Wee Scot 13mm badger brush
Pre-shave: hot shower followed by a minute or so of waterboarding with shave binky
Lather: Wickhams 1912 Club Cola Soap, face-lathered
Aftershave: Ulm Nom
Post-shave: face wash with shave binky
Post-shave: Mentholated Equate Moisturizer

Lathered up and added more and more water. Very light ATG pass glided everywhere except my upper lip where very light chipmunk bites whittled down the moustache whiskers. No irritation, no blood, no BBS, no need for a second pass.

Still in, 17th shave this month so far and 1 more to go.

This month variants

AS splash / balm used so far :

Clubman Pinaud
Proraso white aftershave balm
Aqua Velva
Sterling Sharp Dress Man splash splash
Nivea Sensitive After Shave balm
Skin Bracer by Mennen
Osage rub
Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic splash
Tabac
Proraso Blue