What's new

FFFMM (Fixed Four For March Madness) 2023 Edition

1. Do you want to play a shaving game?

2. Do you want to dial a particular piece of hardware or software in?

3. Are you on a restraint?

If you answered YES to any of the above, “Fixed Four” may be for you.

IT’S SIMPLE (Rule 1)

You just pick one BRUSH, one SOAP/CREAM, one RAZOR, and one BLADE*.
And you use ONLY those four for the whole month.

*With blades, if you chose say “Astra SP” you would stick to that blade, but use as many of them as you see fit.

That’s the end of Rule 1. Rule 1 is the only rule.

For an example, this was my choice for FFFMM 2022:
FFFMM-2022.jpg

Brush: Shavemac 20/46 Silvertip 2-Band
Soap: Bignoli Neutro
Razor: 1939 silver plated Gillette NEW RFB GT
Blade: King C. Gillette

Pre and Post Shave stuff isn’t included, so you can do exactly as you please in that area.

You can shave as often or as little as you like.

Typically you’d post saying “I’m in” and telling us your Fixed Four, but you don’t need to.

You can post every day to tell us how you’re getting on (we like that, and we like pics). You can also join us Fixed Fourers without making a single post (it’s entirely YOUR CHOICE).

If you post your Fixed Four during February, then find out that you’d like to change it… that’s fine. Just let us know the changes before your first shave in March.

Let the madness begin.
Mad-March.jpg

@Cal

I am in! Sounds like fun.

I will figure my 4 out later. It will take some thought as I am in Europe in early March for 9-10 days and need to think about travel friendly items.

In fact, I may use a variation of your idea for next weeks SOTD thread if you don’t mind. I was thinking one “manufacturer” for each piece of shaving gear. So one could Gillette razors and blades, Stirling soaps and Pineaud AS as an example, but you can change anything as long as it is within the same brand. It might bring a few of the more hardcore folks over to a month off FFFMM in March. 🤷‍♂️

I think I will use stuff I rarely use for the month of March…

Wish me luck. 😱
If it's not going to be a joyful learning experience, I wouldn't do it. A month can be a l-o-n-g time, especially if you've picked gear that you're not over keen on.

It's not meant to be an endurance test. :wink2:

Top Bottom