What's new

FFFMM (Fixed Four For March Madness) 2020 Edition

I’m IN.
Stipulation(s): I want to use this opportunity to bond with a razor and a soap, both are favorites.
1) I have MdC Vetyver...and 3 flavors of MdC in transit. I reserve the right to use any of the flavors.
2) I have C & E Karve plates currently, AND 3 more in transit = C & D / OC & B / SB I‘ll use any and all Karve plates.

😎 MdC soap
😎 Karve Chris Bradley brass
😎 Astra SP
😎 Refreshed ”Buffalo” handle and Silk Smoke knot.
😎 PAA Tube pre-Shave

E66D418E-4BA0-467D-B63F-D40AEB2FCFE9.jpeg

I've picked up the blade for FFFMM. Huzzah!
Here's the final setup:
Stainless Karve closed comb E
EJ Silvertip Chrome Bulbous
PannaCreama Núavia Rosso
Chroma Diamant

There are nine blades left in the tuck, I change every three shaves - that should cover the whole of March. Chroma is a notch less aggressive than Personna, and a tad sharper than Bolzano.
Capt Fawcett's alum is my aftershave. Alum is ... well alum, this little muslin bag adds a nice touch.

The blade exposure on plate E makes blade felt, and no mistake. I think I got the hang of it, upper part of learning curve I'd say. Going for two passes max, preferably one - and shave every day.

IMG_0657.JPG

I have a doubt. Am I allowed to do sample lathers with other creams and brushes during this time or would that be cheating? I bought some new soaps, creams and brushes. I won't be using them for the shave but just want to get a feel of them.

Okay, I tweaked my initial config and settled on:

Rex Supply Envoy
Personna Med Prep
Proraso White cream
Haircut & Shave 24mm synthetic

I decided what I’m really trying to learn is the Envoy, so everything else is familiar.

1BBBDC1F-243E-44E2-A366-73E6EB91BC9B.jpeg

Hello guys,
I haven't posted on this forum for many months now, but I will participate on this challenge. My picks are:

Yaqi Chrome Dual Open Comb (DOC) razor
ASTRA SS (Superior Stainless)
Razorock Plissoft 24mm (short handle)
Homelike Shaving Soap Note: Rose

IMG_20200229_155440.jpg

Good luck to you all.

Reactions: Cal
If, by chance, we misjudged our lather and we run out, can we move to something else?

I think I have enough but I’m still to new to be accurate.

I have already started. My work week only consists of 3 days, Friday-Sunday. I don’t have a lot of time on Saturdays and Sundays to shave but it’s necessary for work. I didn’t want to start this in the middle of my work week.

2 shaves down, 31 to go. [emoji41]

AoM; B.O.S.S.;Knight of the Veg Table;WISE;CoA;4yr/10yr Sabbatical

Oh boy, to shave today or do I hold off and wait for tomorrow to begin the challenge. I think I've narrowed down the choices, more to come in a bit!

Top Bottom