What's new

FFFMM (Fixed Four For March Madness) 2020 Edition

I too am going to lock in my selection for this adventure.

Razor: Game Changer 0.84 OC
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum (this is the big gamble, never used it but can probably make it a month)
Soap: Stirling Sharp Dressed Man
Brush: Rick Montalvo handle with Timberwolf knot

FFFMM2020.jpg

I am also going to try to shave every day of the month. I was going strong for a while in January but fell off the past few days. I do not plan to be dogmatic about it, but I was enjoying it when I was doing it. Looking forward to the madness.

I'm game to try this. The start is catching me in the middle of trialing a new blade for me, but I will figure it out over the month. Extremely utilitarian and boring, but my setup will be:
Razor: Muhle R89
Blade: Astra SP
Soap: WCS Glogg
Brush: Cheap Amazon synthetic.
20200226_080318.jpg

Count me in ...
Sure thing. :thumbsup:
Which razor should I use?
YOU choose your razor!
If you let someone else do that for you, you won't be a happy bunny if you end up hating it and dropping out before the end of the month.
Can we use two razors?
:hand: NO. Check Rule 1 out again. :wink2:
So I have to decide on just 1 for the 30 days.
Yep, and it's 31 days. :wink2:
What do you all think?
YOU decide what you're going to use (as mentioned above), not anyone else. :yesnod:

Bearing in mind that it sucks if you make a choice that doesn't suit you... it's always good to have tried each of your four choices out at least a few times before committing to them.

I am thinking of jumping in on this. But have 1 question. I just received a Muhle r41 2013 model. I like efficient razors and have read all about these.

I like to tinker and was wondering if adding shims is permitted?
Adjustable razors like Fatboys, Parker Variants, etc are permitted. But the adjustment is a simple twist of the dial. With shimming you have to unload and reload.

Personally I'm not too keen on the idea, because rather than getting familiar with your razor as standard you're continually tweaking it. I would say that's something that should be done prior to the FFFMM... THEN use your razor as standard OR shimmed throughout March.

Do you think that's fair?

Adjustable razors like Fatboys, Parker Variants, etc are permitted. But the adjustment is a simple twist of the dial. With shimming you have to unload and reload.

Personally I'm not too keen on the idea, because rather than getting familiar with your razor as standard you're continually tweaking it. I would say that's something that should be done prior to the FFFMM... THEN use your razor as standard OR shimmed throughout March.

Do you think that's fair?
Fair enough. I will use as delivered.

I am in. Here is my setup. Disregard the 2 shims. They will not be used.

I normally shave 3 days a week. For this I will Be making a concerted effort to shave every day. I hope to find out how long this particular blade will last. Also try to get my trouble areas on my neck dialed in.

8D95CCC0-F6ED-4EEF-BAF3-3856DD4204D7.jpeg

Bearing in mind that it sucks if you make a choice that doesn't suit you... it's always good to have tried each of your four choices out at least a few times before committing to them.

BAH! This only seems like wonderful advice that I should 100% decide to take. That said, I like to live dangerously....or maybe it is foolishly. Either way, I have 7 blades to hate all month if the choice is a poor one for me. Yay for committing to the unknown (or maybe it's being pig headed?)

Top Bottom