What's new

Fenix Lights and Lasers on our Lizard Tongues.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
no where in my reply did I say YOU were stupid. I said a laser on a handgun was stupid. Big difference.

With that said, you want a laser on your LCP, go for it man. I personally don’t think it’s the best idea and just another thing that you are carrying around. An LCP is more of a pocket gun than a carry gun. Regardless your original thought of point and shoot at 5-7 feet is where I see this pistol being used.

As mentioned... if you took my comment as me calling you stupid, you took it the wrong way.

Cheers

While I agree with your intent sir, in saying an LCP is "more of a pocket gun" because that is exactly what it is, a pocket gun. And it may not make sense for most people to find the practicality for having a laser on it. However, we cannot over look the fact, that while all Ruger LCP's "look the same" and "feel the same" and maybe even "shoot the same" for the most part. I can assure you, the people and individuals who like to carry it are not anywhere "close to the same."

My wife has and carries a Ruger LCP II. She doesn't have a laser on it and I don't want her ever, making any kind of serious, one out of a million shot with it and a laser.

But I can tell you this, If I "had to choose" having an apple, shot off the top of my head with an LCP and a laser at 15 yards; and had to pick someone from this forum to successfully do it? It would be @martym.

OkieStubble

I love liver and onions.
It’s the only thing I ever put Heinz 57 on.
I don’t know why.

I have been binge watching Steve Rinella's episodes of "Meateater" on Netflix. Watching him cook, makes me want to try and acquire the taste for liver. :)

I havent been following each page of the thread So excuse me if this doesnt help any. I’ve always disliked beef liver, but enjoy chicken liver done right. I got some grass fed Bison liver a few years ago and since... and it, not overcooked, is where it’s at. What a difference.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
While I agree with your intent sir, in saying an LCP is "more of a pocket gun" because that is exactly what it is, a pocket gun. And it may not make sense for most people to find the practicality for having a laser on it. However, we cannot over look the fact, that while all Ruger LCP's "look the same" and "feel the same" and maybe even "shoot the same" for the most part. I can assure you, the people and individuals who like to carry it are not anywhere "close to the same."

My wife has and carries a Ruger LCP II. She doesn't have a laser on it and I don't want her ever, making any kind of serious, one out of a million shot with it and a laser.

But I can tell you this, If I "had to choose" having an apple, shot off the top of my head with an LCP and a laser at 15 yards; and had to pick someone from this forum to successfully do it? It would be @martym.
Thank you for that vote of confidence.
Aim small. Miss small.
But with this it’s more like aim small and don’t miss.

OkieStubble

I havent been following each page of the thread So excuse me if this doesnt help any. I’ve always disliked beef liver, but enjoy chicken liver done right. I got some grass fed Bison liver a few years ago and since... and it, not overcooked, is where it’s at. What a difference.

This. I can eat up some chicken livers & gizzards, but I don’t care for beef liver either. I have heard, it could be because it wasn’t prepared right by overcooking it. Rare liver is the best liver I hear?

This. I can eat up some chicken livers & gizzards, but I don’t care for beef liver either. I have heard, it could be because it wasn’t prepared right by overcooking it. Rare liver is the best liver I hear?

I’d say I go medium rare on Bison liver. Beyond that and I still like it better than beef. it’s much milder. I dont think I’ve had beef since I tried the Bison. I hope to obtain some Yak liver sometime. Not sure if the yak source sells their liver. (Buffalo gal-Hutchinson Minnesota) yak is lovely, btw.

OkieStubble

I’d say I go medium rare on Bison liver. Beyond that and I still like it better than beef. it’s much milder. I dont think I’ve had beef since I tried the Bison. I hope to obtain some Yak liver sometime. Not sure if the yak source sells their liver. (Buffalo gal-Hutchinson Minnesota) yak is lovely, btw.

Thanks for the heads up on the Buffalo liver. We have a local store right around the corner from us where, local farmers and ranchers sell their stuff. I have actually seen Oklahoma raised, grass fed Buffalo Liver being sold there.

I think I will give it a try. I'll PM you with my thoughts on it, if/when I survive. :)

martym

There’s a place on the way to the ranch that sells fried chicken gizzards and fried chicken livers. Mana from Heaven

martym

Going to the range this morning to shoot my my Elsie Pea(the one with the laser on it) and after I may just buy some liver and onions.

But I can tell you this, If I "had to choose" having an apple, shot off the top of my head with an LCP and a laser at 15 yards; and had to pick someone from this forum to successfully do it? It would be

@martym.
Thank you for that vote of confidence.
Aim small. Miss small.
But with this it’s more like aim small and don’t miss.

If that’s truly the case I am not sure why this is even a question!! @martym it sounds like you’re a heck of a shot!

As a general statement, I’ll take a person who knows how to shoot with iron sights over someone who shoots with a laser nearly every time. I’ve actually never met anyone who understands and shoots well with a laser(on a handgun)... different story with a RDS.

99% of people can’t seem to understand that that little dot will never stay still... basic principals would say first sight picture is best sight picture and as soon as you see that dot on your target start squeezing. Aim small shoot small is exactly right, but the brain is a very interesting thing. Aim small... wait,wait, wait... the dot just moved off my small aim point, pause... miss:(

Obviously that’s not the case with you!!

Not to get to far off topic, but what drills do you all shoot? Lately I’ve been shooting Chuck Pressburgs No Fail Drill and an old school 3 yard accuracy dot drill.

One nice thing about this forum is it sounds like there are some passionate shooters along with wet shavers... Two hobbies that I enjoy:)

If that’s truly the case I am not sure why this is even a question!! @martym it sounds like you’re a heck of a shot!

As a general statement, I’ll take a person who knows how to shoot with iron sights over someone who shoots with a laser nearly every time. I’ve actually never met anyone who understands and shoots well with a laser(on a handgun)... different story with a RDS.

99% of people can’t seem to understand that that little dot will never stay still... basic principals would say first sight picture is best sight picture and as soon as you see that dot on your target start squeezing. Aim small shoot small is exactly right, but the brain is a very interesting thing. Aim small... wait,wait, wait... the dot just moved off my small aim point, pause... miss:(

Obviously that’s not the case with you!!

Not to get to far off topic, but what drills do you all shoot? Lately I’ve been shooting Chuck Pressburgs No Fail Drill and an old school 3 yard accuracy dot drill.

One nice thing about this forum is it sounds like there are some passionate shooters along with wet shavers... Two hobbies that I enjoy:)

I don’t know that anybody meant it to be an end all. It’s just an extra tool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
The only liver I ever enjoyed was venison liver, only had it once years ago, smothered in onions, of course. No lasers were involved that I know of!

Liver, kidneys, heart, gizzards, tripe....etc.
All innards. Innards I shall NEVER eat.🤮
Yes...I have tried them. No, I don’t like them at all.

Top Bottom