What's new

February 2021 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Still in. I had a very enjoyable shave today. RA 6/8 Spanish point, Semogue 1800, Tabac, Pitralon Classic.

Happy shaves everyone and have a nice weekend! :)

P2060402-1.jpg

Big Bess (Chubby 3) is not producing workable lather.
It has refused to return lather from Tabac and Vitos, now things are about to become nasty, I'm through being nice.

I have La Toja, Godrej round, Old Spice cream and if all else fails, the big gun will be brought out - Arko.

Today's shave : Ok shave, no bloodshed

Razor : RR Game Changer OC 84
Soap : Vitos / Arko (2nd pass onwards)
Blade : Gillette 7 O'clock Black (5)
Brush : Chubby 3 / RR Beehive
A/ S : Anherb ASC

IMG_20210206_205944.jpg

It has refused to return lather from Tabac and Vitos, now things are about to become nasty, I'm through being nice.

I have La Toja, Godrej round, Old Spice cream and if all else fails, the big gun will be brought out - Arko.

Today's shave : Ok shave, no bloodshed

Razor : RR Game Changer OC 84
Soap : Vitos / Arko (2nd pass onwards)
Blade : Gillette 7 O'clock Black (5)
Brush : Chubby 3 / RR Beehive
A/ S : Anherb ASC

View attachment 1219051

Don’t be shy with the soap with the chubby. She holds a lot. My first couple of shaves I didn’t get a good lather either then I loaded the daylights out of it. After that I backed off the soap a little until I got a good feel for it.

Hey, I have a brand new Rockwell 6S in red that I was thinking about trading. Never used as it was sent as a replacement from Rockwell. If any of you GRUMErs are interested, lemme know. I just put in up on the BST. Ideally a trade with a fellow Canadian member, but I’m easy within reason.

I am open to badger brushes (Simpson, ShaveMac, Thater, etc.) or similar razors.

Still in!

Still in.
Razor: Karve SS CB SB-B
Blade: Astra SS
Brush: Sagrada Familia
Bowl: Timeless
Soap: RR Gold Label
A/S: Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue
Finally figured out this soap! Need to use a drier brush. Synthetics seem to work best on this one for me. Great smooth shave today. Have a great day y’all!
92A2A2AB-915D-4151-8507-119DFFACB652.jpeg

You could try blooming the tabac a bit, that is add some water so it expands and so it's then softer. Some people think this will result in wasting the lather or cause mush and mould later on, but I find it helps me. I also dont find much value in pre-soaking badger brush, I just run under the tap so it's holding water. I find loading for 20-30 seconds is good as well, the more the merrier if your not getting enough soap, and add water to the brush if it's getting dry and pasty. I don't think it's possible to load a chubby brush too much :thumbup1:

I find using the same soap consecutive days and keeping it damp also makes the process easier especially if it's hot and low humidity

Still in.
Razor: Karve SS CB SB-B
Blade: Astra SS
Brush: Sagrada Familia
Bowl: Timeless
Soap: RR Gold Label
A/S: Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue
Finally figured out this soap! Need to use a drier brush. Synthetics seem to work best on this one for me. Great smooth shave today. Have a great day y’all!View attachment 1219208
Every time I see that mug, I get sad that I can’t throw the kids and wife in the car and spend a few waterlogged days drinking fishbowl margaritas at Great Wolf Lodge. We usually go to the Ohio location from Toronto, but I haven’t been able to cross the border in almost a year. 🙁

I've seen people people saying it is tricky to lather, but it worked just fine for me. The water here is soft.

I like the scent, such as it is, and the performance was good (similar to Arko/Palmolive/Speick). No post-shave irritation with it. It gets :thumbup: all round.
I am fond of it too, usually makes the rotation a couple times a week. Soft water is nearly required. I find it very very slick, it can run with artisans in that regard.

I am fond of it too, usually makes the rotation a couple times a week. Soft water is nearly required. I find it very very slick, it can run with artisans in that regard.
I've only got improvised pucks of the three stick soaps, MWF and a cream in the rotation. My guess is, MWF will out-perform the sticks, if I can optimise the lather, so it is going to get extra play here.

I used to work in an English town with hard water (where all the bathroom fittings and a cartridge razor rapidly got encrusted with limescale), so I don't take my current soft water blessings for granted.

Top Bottom