What's new

February 2021 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Despite the efforts of the enabler @SharpieB, I’m still in 😉

17C1DC81-B524-409B-8E5D-74188474554D.jpeg

**Fantastic shave 10/10**

Razor: Timeless .95 Titanium OC / Scalloped Top Cap
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Brush: Chisel and Hound 26mm V9 Fanchurian Badger
Lather: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Space Nog CK-6
Aftershave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Space Nog Aftershave / Cologne
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Space Nog Star Jelly Aftershave
Additional Care:
Osma Alum Block
Timeless Lather Bowl

3 passes (WTG, XTG & ATG)
+ BBS! Closest shave I’ve ever had
+ No cuts, irritation, redness or bumps
+ Cut easily, no tugging
+ CK-6 amazing as usual. Great slickness, cushion and post shave feel. Makes great lather easily
+ Badger knot breaking in nicely. Not eating lather, made lather easily. Feels amazing in my face
~ Some feedback with alum

First shave using my new Timeless razor and I love it 😍. To celebrate the occasion, I used my favourite hardware and software. Also first time ever using an open comb. Not too aggressive, made sure I took it slow and was careful, was rewarded with no blood loss or irritation. Good balance, length and weight to the razor, felt good in my hand and easy to keep the angle. Smoothest my face has ever been after a shave and my face didn’t feel like I had just dragged a piece of steel across it, felt great.

Despite the efforts of the enabler @SharpieB, I’m still in 😉

View attachment 1219805

**Fantastic shave 10/10**

Razor: Timeless .95 Titanium OC / Scalloped Top Cap
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Brush: Chisel and Hound 26mm V9 Fanchurian Badger
Lather: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Space Nog CK-6
Aftershave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Space Nog Aftershave / Cologne
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Space Nog Star Jelly Aftershave
Additional Care:
Osma Alum Block
Timeless Lather Bowl

3 passes (WTG, XTG & ATG)
+ BBS! Closest shave I’ve ever had
+ No cuts, irritation, redness or bumps
+ Cut easily, no tugging
+ CK-6 amazing as usual. Great slickness, cushion and post shave feel. Makes great lather easily
+ Badger knot breaking in nicely. Not eating lather, made lather easily. Feels amazing in my face
~ Some feedback with alum

First shave using my new Timeless razor and I love it 😍. To celebrate the occasion, I used my favourite hardware and software. Also first time ever using an open comb. Not too aggressive, made sure I took it slow and was careful, was rewarded with no blood loss or irritation. Good balance, length and weight to the razor, felt good in my hand and easy to keep the angle. Smoothest my face has ever been after a shave and my face didn’t feel like I had just dragged a piece of steel across it, felt great.
That brush is killer. What a great handle.

Still in--which I find fairly easy to do if I just keep away from the BST!

Saturday shave

B0E1CFE5-D5EE-4DEA-B7FD-EB2547905ACE.jpeg

Prep: Curology The Cleanser
Soap: Deluxe Rockers
Brush: Ever-Ready F40 badger-cased boar
Razor: iKon X3 slant on bulldog handle, #11
Blade: Gillette Nacet, #3 and binned
Post: Alum -> hyaluronic acid-> Pinaud Clubman Classic Vanilla

First time with the Deluxe Rockers and I had a fantastic shave–slick, thick, and cushioned. It was going so well, I added a third-pass to attempt a BBS. Didn't quite get there all over, but it was very close and comfortable with minimal feedback from the alum (especially considering I rarely do a third pass). I really enjoyed the scent of the soap--reminded me of Midnight Stag, which I also like, so I wasn't surprised when my wife's take was "Innertube." :facep: The Pinaud Clubman Classic Vanilla was a good match. For someone's who's not ordinarily a fan of vanilla, I can't believe how much I like this stuff. Easily my favorite of the Pinaud Clubman line and I'll be getting a large bottle and keeping it in the den permanently once this sample is done.
"Badger-cased boar"?

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
In the spirit of old is new I busted out a semouge 620 one of my first brushes well broken in almost by accident it seemed like after a hand full of uses it broke in almost by itself anyway this little puppy was amazing today. Super soft and luxurious.

Still in.

Preshave: Hot washcloth, no oil
Soap: MWF, bowl-lathered
Brush: Men-U boar
Razors: GC.84 OC, Astra SP #8, GC.68 SB, Wizamet #4
Post-shave: Nivea 2-Phase Lotion.

Tried MWF without any preshave oil, to see how it would perform by itself. Got a near-BBS, and not much feedback from the post-shave. If you've inflicted any irritation, there's enough alcohol in 2-Phase to sting a lot.

Still in, finished up testing the Polsilver blade in my DE86, not bad but it won't unseat my current top three for this razor (it's currently joint 4th with Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellows). I also finished my Clinique toner so I'll be replacing that with a new (and cheaper) one and likely switching it to my post-shave routine from my pre-shave routine.

(Yesterdays shave)
Pre-shave (in order of use)
- Jack Black Deep Dive Glycolic Facial Cleanser
- Clinique for Men Exfoliating Tonic
- Truefitt and Hill Pre-Shave Oil
- The Highland Soap Company Juniper Shaving Soap

Post-shave (in order of use)
- Omega Alum Block
- The Ordinary Hyaluronic acid
- Jack Black Protein Booster Skin Serum
- Hawkins & Brimble Elemi and Ginseng aftershave balm
- Jack Black Double Duty Face Moisturiser