What's new

Favre to Un-retire, again?

Ah but stay tuned.

Minnesota 27 - Arizona 24 (OT) Sunday 07th November, 2010

Favre threw for 466 yards, the most in his entire career

Maybe he wouldn't have had to throw a for a career high in yards if not for two awful picks. I'm glad I was at lunch for my brother's b-day and couldn't see the first 3 quarters that well. I did at least keep it on after the failed 4th and goal from the 1 that made it look like it was about over.

I still think they need to fire Childress. Especially after he apparently got in an argument with Harvin on Saturday. That guy may limp around after every play like some kind of wuss, but he goes out there and busts his butt while not 100% healthy.

Did you guys see how he looked walking -- luckily -- off the field yesterday? It was disturbing. They should not have let him play. I can't beleive some sportscasters/writers are still talking about his "toughness" and "courage." It's idiocy, or maybe sickness, that just has to be stopped.

none of you guys (particularly you over 40 guys) could take the beating he has taken this year and still show up wanting to play. being in ohio I really have no dog in this fight, but, 297 straight is a good run. the next closet qb would have to play every game from now until the end of the 2022 season to catch him. with the shoulder and now the concussion he might be seeing the end of the tunnel I hope!

I was only half paying attention this morning, but some commentator on TV said that, in the event of a lockout and short season, some team in need of a qb will try to sign him (Pending his relationship to the players' association. My take on him, based on my own very jaundiced view of the world, is this: He will play if physically able. Why? Not ego, nor competitive desire, nor any unfinished business in Minnesota. He'll play because the divorce that is no doubt waiting for him down the line is gonna cost him through the schnoz. Think ill of me, if you want to (you won't be alone), but I'll bet it happens.

I was only half paying attention this morning, but some commentator on TV said that, in the event of a lockout and short season, some team in need of a qb will try to sign him (Pending his relationship to the players' association. My take on him, based on my own very jaundiced view of the world, is this: He will play if physically able. Why? Not ego, nor competitive desire, nor any unfinished business in Minnesota. He'll play because the divorce that is no doubt waiting for him down the line is gonna cost him through the schnoz. Think ill of me, if you want to (you won't be alone), but I'll bet it happens.

I don't think it will. For one thing, I don't know that he's going to get divorced. Supposedly he and his wife have been visiting charities together. Of course it could be some sort of public farce. Secondly, if he comes back, he will want to play for a decent team. No decent team is going to sign him after the season he just had. I don't even think a bad team would sign him, because his numbers are so poor that you can't even bill it as seeing Brett Favre's last hurrah. Finally, I don't think he wants to come back. I don't think he wanted to come back for this season. I think he was almost pushed into it by that group of guys who went down to MS to convince him. His streak is over. His numbers stink. He's obviously in physical pain. I know it seems hard to believe, but I think he's finally done.

I think he was mentally done at the end of the last season it just took this season for his body to get onboard. Being in the same age bracket I know that I couldn't take that beating anymore.

It's hard to figure how the family problems play into this too. The scandal (or whatever you want to call it) surrounding his texting is a recent issue. Who knows what his wife knows and has been living with for years. I wouldn't bet the bank on a divorce in his immediate future.

I also wouldn't be surprised if he's back next year. I sure home he doesn't wind up in Arena football!

He sounds like he's bored with life outside of football. He probably had enough when he stopped playing for the Packers but can't find another thrill outside of the game and he keeps coming back rather than face the alternative. It looks like it's about time to finally face it.

Top Bottom