What's new

Favre to Un-retire, again?

He can do whatever he wants to his legacy. Its his to ruin.

but I have to imagine there comes a point in one's decades-long, hall-of-fame career that's netted you millions upon millions of dollars, awards out the wazoo, a championship, national fame and admiration, and success far above and beyond 99.999% of people in your line of work that its no longer "all about you." And the selfless, logical thing to do is just step aside gracefully and humbly for the sake of your sport, your legions of fans, your teammates, maybe do a few more Wrangler Jeans commercials... and everyone feels good about a job well done.

Granted, having failed miserably in my bid to get signed as an NFL free agent, I probably know little of these things.

As a Green bay native and lifelong packer fan...being 25 he is basically the only quarterback I know from the Packers...but he has been a big baby about everything

Packers management did the right thing telling him it was time to hang up his cleats...they didnt force him out that told him it would be best...

Aaron rodgers was the best choice and they had to start playing him ...

favre can do what he wants but he is making himself look like an @$$ to most loyal fans he has

He's undoing in just a few years what it took him over a decade to achieve. He's become a joke.

Trying to play another year just to exact some sort of bizarre revenge on an organization is not a solid plan. If I am the Vikings I say "no thanks". Sure they need a QB but they need one that is going to excited to play the entire season, not just two games.

If Favre does do this thing, he might as well never go back to WI again. There will be some hating going on.

Go Big Blue.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
He can do whatever he wants to his legacy. Its his to ruin.

but I have to imagine there comes a point in one's decades-long, hall-of-fame career that's netted you millions upon millions of dollars, awards out the wazoo, a championship, national fame and admiration, and success far above and beyond 99.999% of people in your line of work that its no longer "all about you." And the selfless, logical thing to do is just step aside gracefully and humbly for the sake of your sport, your legions of fans, your teammates, maybe do a few more Wrangler Jeans commercials... and everyone feels good about a job well done.

Couldn't have said it better.

I want to say I hate Brett, but I don't.
I want to say I wouldn't want him to play again, but I do.
Grrr.....

I don't think too many folks here in Wisconsin really care what he does. If the Vikings want him, they can have him.

As a Bears fan who has seen Favre do a lot of damage to the division, I find it a little sad that I am in no way concerned that he might be in the NFC North next season. Though on second thought, it wouldn't take a whole lot to improve the Vikings QB situation, and with a good running game, maybe I should raise an eyebrow (but nah, I don't think so). I hate the Packers and Favre by association, but I respect him and have been disappointed with him the last few seasons. I am sure, though, that if someone told him that he upset me, he would knock it off.

Enough is enough. It's sad to see a shoe in Hall of Famer forever tarnish his image and possibly be remembered as just another has been that had the opportunity to go out as a winner. If he still wants to stay in the game, I'd bet that the offers for a quarterback coach would be numerous.

He's cried fox too many times. He's become a sniveler and whiner and has lost a lot of respect among his fans. He needs to pack it in instead of making a fool of himself.

He's undoing in just a few years what it took him over a decade to achieve. He's become a joke.

+1 I have been a Packer Fan all my life. When I think of the glory days in the 60's with the likes of Jerry Kramer, Paul Horning, Ray Nichkie an Bart Starr and of course Vince Lombardi, I think Bret Favre needs to just quietly take his place among them and quit while he can.

Top Bottom