What's new

Thoughts?

My order of preference (of the choices listed):

Old Spice (any vintage, including the Walmart stuff)
Aqua Velva Ice Blue
. (Large gap here)
Musk

Clubman Lilac Vegetal (horrible, gut-wrenching, gag-inducing stuff 😄)
Somewhere further down: Brut

I bought a bunch of the cheap stuff to make sure I could make the year.
Clubman
Aqua Velva
Skin Bracer
Lilac Vegetal
Stephen's Bay rum
Lime sec
AC and Skin Bracer dont last that long but I like them both. Clubman , Veg , and Bay rum last longer. Lime sec is gone within 30 minutes. Will use as hair tonic this summer.

I bought a bunch of the cheap stuff to make sure I could make the year.
Clubman
Aqua Velva
Skin Bracer
Lilac Vegetal
Stephen's Bay rum
Lime sec
AC and Skin Bracer dont last that long but I like them both. Clubman , Veg , and Bay rum last longer. Lime sec is gone within 30 minutes. Will use as hair tonic this summer.

All my favorites are the "cheap stuff":

Old Spice (any)
Aqua Velva Ice Blue
Clubman (original barbershop scent)
Clubman Lime Sec
Clubman Vanilla
Avon Spicy (found 5 full bottles for $2-3 each)
Avon Oland

How could you skip the best one, The Veg??
How could I forget that most beautiful and classic of aftershaves? Well, because I of course included it in the "barbershop" category. But really, I do recall Lilac Vegetal (which I pompously refuse to call by certain nicknames... ahem....) with affection as one of the most memorable barbershop scents of my childhood. Another reason I love it.

The pricing is crazy IMO. Aftershave should not cost nearly $40 for a few ounces of what amounts to alcohol and water. The modern old spice is good enough

I've never paid nearly that much for vintage Old Spice. There are plenty of better priced opportunities for it on eBay.

I've never paid nearly that much for vintage Old Spice. There are plenty of better priced opportunities for it on eBay.

Agreed, much better deals are out there.

I’ll also say you should check out any vintage/thrift/antique shops in your area.

Most of my collection came from shops nearby, and I don’t buy empties.

1675992551930.jpeg

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
People don’t want to spend money on vintage Shulton, but will spend about the same money on an artisan clone that is nowhere as good as the Greatness of Shulton? :)

Eoy
People don’t want to spend money on vintage Shulton, but will spend about the same money on an artisan clone that is nowhere as good as the Greatness of Shulton? :)
With shipping costs being so high a couple oz of vintage aftershave is expensive. Ebay prices are not reasonable at all. I'll gladly pay the prices for what an empty glass bottle of shulton old spice goes for, provided its full of aftershave. Lol

I am fine with the new OS :) to me I prefer that knowing what I am getting and consistency and with the cost I can bathe in the stuff if I want :)
but that is me :)

recently did get the OS spray cologne and while it has a sleight dif scent its still nice for the price and staying power
otherwise these days all my extra money will be going into Cologne EDP/EDT or whatever and just get cheap post for the scent since very few really last like EDP etc.

brut reminds me of my good friend who in 1981 in HS would wear way way way way way way to much of it ahahahah so has that in my memory banks its not for me but more power to ya

For me, it's Brut first (I get an unusual amount of compliments on it), then Old Spice, but only the original formulation. (Admittedly, this feeds my addiction to vintage Old Spice bottles, mugs, boxes, etc.)

Cheers!

Top Bottom