What's new

Favorite Cheap Aftershaves?

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Bootlegger’s Bay Rum. Mix equal parts of Master Bay Rum, Pinaud VIBR, and Superior 70 BR. 3 cheap AS that, together, make one really great one.

+7 :)

Bootlegger's Original Bay Rum
Bootlegger's Lime Bay Rum
Bootlegger's Green Freeze
Bootlegger's Artic Lime Blast
Bootlegger's Perfecto Virgina
Bootlegger's Perfecto Maduro
Bootlegger's El Dorado

For me, the Denim aftershaves (Original, Gold and Black, don't like the "Wild" or Green)-surprised they didn't get mentioned, almost everything from Nivea, some of the Adidas aftershaves (Ice Dive, Pure Game, Extreme Power) and some of the Floid aftershaves (New Fragrance, Mentolado Vigoroso).
Honorable mention to some STR8 aftershaves-Rebel and Live true
But then again, all my aftershaves to date are pretty cheap.

For me, the Denim aftershaves (Original, Gold and Black, don't like the "Wild" or Green)-surprised they didn't get mentioned, almost everything from Nivea, some of the Adidas aftershaves (Ice Dive, Pure Game, Extreme Power) and some of the Floid aftershaves (New Fragrance, Mentolado Vigoroso).
Honorable mention to some STR8 aftershaves-Rebel and Live true
But then again, all my aftershaves to date are pretty cheap.
i never tried floid

Pinaud Clubman Reserve, Whiskey Woods.

I'm waiting at the mailbox for the latest addition. There hasn't been much talk on this ASL since the introduction. I would love to hear some opinions from users that have used it for a while.

Pinaud Clubman Reserve, Whiskey Woods.

I'm waiting at the mailbox for the latest addition. There hasn't been much talk on this ASL since the introduction. I would love to hear some opinions from users that have used it for a while.

I have been using Whiskey Woods as part of my rotation for a year and I love it. Recently I was in a doctor's office waiting room and a woman waiting at the receptionist counter exclaimed "Somebody smells good. Smells like a man!"
I was standing about two feet from her and was the only other person in the room, so I humbly said thank you. This was the second time I received a compliment on this aftershave from someone other than my wife. I have not told her these stories yet as she may make me stop wearing it unless she is with me...LOL.

I have been using Whiskey Woods as part of my rotation for a year and I love it. Recently I was in a doctor's office waiting room and a woman waiting at the receptionist counter exclaimed "Somebody smells good. Smells like a man!"
I was standing about two feet from her and was the only other person in the room, so I humbly said thank you. This was the second time I received a compliment on this aftershave from someone other than my wife. I have not told her these stories yet as she may make me stop wearing it unless she is with me...LOL.
Thank you RhoCurly
Your original review was very good and the inspiration for me to order the WW. I can't wait to try it.

thats great whats the longevity?

You should. The "New Fragrance" one in the black box smells really nice. You get 150 ml of this stuff for not much money. The "Mentolado Vigoroso" is also pleasant but "New Fragrance" is the best. There are others that I haven't tried.
why are some floid after shaves pricey?

why are some floid after shaves pricey?
I guess it depends on the aftershave and the quantity. I am aware of the fact that they used to make a blue one that is now no longer made and I think it's pretty expensive. Also, they sell aftershave on 400 ml bottles too. Those are bound to cost more. But for a bottle of 150 ml of New Fragrance you should expect to pay no more than 9 dollars or equivalent. I'm in eastern Europe and bought from a grocery store so didn't pay in dollars but this is an estimate.

I guess it depends on the aftershave and the quantity. I am aware of the fact that they used to make a blue one that is now no longer made and I think it's pretty expensive. Also, they sell aftershave on 400 ml bottles too. Those are bound to cost more. But for a bottle of 150 ml of New Fragrance you should expect to pay no more than 9 dollars or equivalent. I'm in eastern Europe and bought from a grocery store so didn't pay in dollars but this is an estimate.
ah from what i heard it isnt popular here only online whats the scent like i love musk

On me Whiskey Woods lasts a few hours. About half way between a bay rum and the very potent Special Reserve. YMMV.
How would the WW compare to Clubman original ASL? I don't have any experience with VIBR. My WW Amazon order got rescheduled due a huge ice storm.

How would the WW compare to Clubman original ASL? I don't have any experience with VIBR. My WW Amazon order got rescheduled due a huge ice storm.
I find the longevity of WW to be about the same, but it is a very different type of scent. Clubman original is a very bright and loud scent if over applied but very classy if done right, especially after a round of golf. Whiskey Woods is a mellow pipe tobacco scent that makes me want to sit by the fireplace on a fall or winter day.

I find the longevity of WW to be about the same, but it is a very different type of scent. Clubman original is a very bright and loud scent if over applied but very classy if done right, especially after a round of golf. Whiskey Woods is a mellow pipe tobacco scent that makes me want to sit by the fireplace on a fall or winter day.

Thanks again, This is very good news for me. I'm like the strength level of the original Clubman. When I started I liked all the mild ASL's. Now Clubman is convincing me to look at new products. It's hard to argue with a company like Pinaud. I find a lot of value in their products. I'm expecting to take WW off my cheap ASL list. Cost $$ isn't my only rating.

Last edited:
Thanks again, This is very good news for me. I'm like the strength level of the original Clubman. When I started I liked all the mild ASL's. Now Clubman is convincing me to look at new products. It's hard to argue with a company like Pinaud. I find a lot of value in their products. I'm expecting to take WW off my cheap ASL list. Cost $$ isn't my only rating.
I certainly do not consider WW to be cheap. Inexpensive, but not cheap. It is one of my special occasion aftershaves, although I do not limit it to purpose.

I certainly do not consider WW to be cheap. Inexpensive, but not cheap. It is one of my special occasion aftershaves, although I do not limit it to purpose.
im still waiting to try special reserve i just hear so many varied opinions about it everything from great to a old man scent but it sounds good lol

Top Bottom