What's new

*Fatip Slant*

4th shave with the FOCS! So far it's been enjoyable...
20201209_114209.jpg

Ok I did some searching to find this Instagram page of theirs. Their own Italian website didn’t mention this new piccolo version, and they had no links to their own Instagram page, but they do have a link for their Twitter page they don’t even use??? Anyhow, their Instagram page is found by searching Fatip rasoi (I’m assuming this means razor in Italian??). I do see the piccolo slant, but since i don’t read Italian can someone explain the difference between the piccolo and the lo storto? I can’t imagine they would go through the trouble to consider this a new razor just because it has a shorter handle. Is that the only difference?

Ok I did some searching to find this Instagram page of theirs. Their own Italian website didn’t mention this new piccolo version, and they had no links to their own Instagram page, but they do have a link for their Twitter page they don’t even use??? Anyhow, their Instagram page is found by searching Fatip rasoi (I’m assuming this means razor in Italian??). I do see the piccolo slant, but since i don’t read Italian can someone explain the difference between the piccolo and the lo storto? I can’t imagine they would go through the trouble to consider this a new razor just because it has a shorter handle. Is that the only difference?

Rasoi = razorS (plural)
Storto = crooked, askew
Piccolo = small
Grande = large

Therefore, Lo Storto is the Slant version, which until last week could be purchase only with the Grande hollow handle, now also with the Piccolo handle. It is basically the FOCS with a shorter solid handle, which people like me prefer
:em2300: 🇮🇹🇮🇹🇮🇹🇮🇹🇮🇹

Rasoi = razorS (plural)
Storto = crooked, askew
Piccolo = small
Grande = large

Therefore, Lo Storto is the Slant version, which until last week could be purchase only with the Grande hollow handle, now also with the Piccolo handle. It is basically the FOCS with a shorter solid handle, which people like me prefer
:em2300: 🇮🇹🇮🇹🇮🇹🇮🇹🇮🇹
Thanks for the translation. I read someone’s comments that the piccolo handle is also skinnier than the Lo Storto handle, is that also true? The one thing i really like about the FOCS and FCCS is the fat handle and the twisted ribs. I don’t really care about the handle being hollow though, and at first it came across as cheap. I would have welcomed the extra weight if it was solid brass and not hollowed out.

As someone who read maybe 15 pages of this thread that doesn't want to read the next 88 to find out - How much blade feel is there with this razor? I'm all for efficiency and smooth, but I don't care for a noticeable blade feel. Slim at 6 is ok, Progress at 2 is the most I care for (though every Progress seems to be a little different, and my 2 might not be yours). NEW, and post war Tech are plenty mild but I'd like more efficiency without adding a lot of blade feel.

A Game Changer .84 is on the way for Christmas (I left a browser open for my wife to find), though this razor intrigues me with all its praise. I have never used a slant.

Blade feel is nowhere close to a Slim on setting 6.

As someone who read maybe 15 pages of this thread that doesn't want to read the next 88 to find out - How much blade feel is there with this razor? I'm all for efficiency and smooth, but I don't care for a noticeable blade feel. Slim at 6 is ok, Progress at 2 is the most I care for (though every Progress seems to be a little different, and my 2 might not be yours). NEW, and post war Tech are plenty mild but I'd like more efficiency without adding a lot of blade feel.

A Game Changer .84 is on the way for Christmas (I left a browser open for my wife to find), though this razor intrigues me with all its praise. I have never used a slant.

It's a slant. No blade feel is the point. And in this one, it is indeed very minimal. Like your Tech but efficient.

For me, there is a noticeable amount of blade feel. It's comparable to Progress at 3.5 and probably highest for Slim for me.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
For regular shaving, I'm actually good with my chrome Lo Storto Originale and Gentile razors. Picked up a Gold Originale mostly for the looks. I'm sure I'll get around to shaving with it - eventually. 😎

Top Bottom