What's new

*Fatip Slant*

For me it’s Gillette Perma-Sharps (PPI) the golden package for the Turkish market, Personna Platinums and lately Bic Chromiums. The blue Astra SS work as well.

Tried my closed comb FCCS for my first shave with it today. Tried an old Feather blade that I tried to strop to resurrect but it pulled too much. A new Feather blade was effortless and very efficient, but got a few weepers under chin but that is due to it being a new Feather blade and my technique will need to adapt as I'm not familiar with slants yet. The FOCS version is arriving today. I may have to get used to the FCCS for a while before trying the FOCS.

Any overwhelming winning combinations of blades people prefer with this or will this be all over the map?

I just ordered a Fatip Lo Storto Open Comb slant from Maggards this morning since the price is right and I'm currently at 0 slants in my lineup since giving the others I had away/selling em due to not caring for them/wanting a better constructed one. The price it's at and the praise it gets on here warrants a shot, but this thing isn't made of zamak is it?

I just ordered a Fatip Lo Storto Open Comb slant from Maggards this morning since the price is right and I'm currently at 0 slants in my lineup since giving the others I had away/selling em due to not caring for them/wanting a better constructed one. The price it's at and the praise it gets on here warrants a shot, but this thing isn't made of zamak is it?
I believe all Fatip razors are made of brass.

ACA3D3DD-212B-4F13-9310-95F3B942124B.jpeg

Tried my closed comb FCCS for my first shave with it today. Tried an old Feather blade that I tried to strop to resurrect but it pulled too much. A new Feather blade was effortless and very efficient, but got a few weepers under chin but that is due to it being a new Feather blade and my technique will need to adapt as I'm not familiar with slants yet. The FOCS version is arriving today. I may have to get used to the FCCS for a while before trying the FOCS.

Any overwhelming winning combinations of blades people prefer with this or will this be all over the map?

Wilkinson Sword Germany works like a charm in the FOCS. Ultra smooth yet highly efficient.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Next time I need to replace my blade I want to measure the gap of the FOCS.

1607439617124.png

How does a razor with basically no gap shave this closely and this efficiently? It kinda proves how little I know about what makes razors work well. It also shoots down everyone seeming to think the larger the gap the more "aggressive" the razor. They're right of course if by aggressive you mean prone to jumping up out of nowhere and biting you!

The FOCS is definitely not "aggressive" but it is amazingly efficient especially for a razor so easy to use and so comfortable both within the shaves and in the way it leaves one's skin between shaves.

Experts? Mike @Esox. Grant @ShavingByTheNumbers? Others?

Happy shaves,

Jim

Top Bottom