What's new

*Fatip Slant*

Guys, I FOCSed up... 🦊

1607951144769.jpg

Black Friday purchase finally arrived. I got the chrome version cause I already have a Grande in gold. It's really shiny...
No blade alignment issues, perhaps the blade posts are so precise that if you don't insert the blade perfectly straight it gets jammed.

Looking forward to try it!

I think when my Sabbatical is over, I'll order a Lo Storto Piccolo. Since I don't like the thin, short, Piccolo handle, I'll swap it with my Lo Storto Grande handle when I use it. Nah, I'm kidding. Piccolos rule! :letterk1:

Where would one even get a Lo Storto Piccolo, dont think I've seen them when I was shopping around

Ive been away for a bit due to work demands and come back to find I now need to buy at least 3 more razors. I need a gold FOCS and a chrome and gold Piccolo FOCS. Dammit.

I’m still deciding if I want to keep the Gentile just to have both or let it go. To me, it’s so much less than the FOCS. [emoji2369]

BOSC;AoM; B.O.S.S.;Knight of the Veg Table;WISE;CoA;SASA;FOCS Fiend

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Where would one even get a Lo Storto Piccolo, dont think I've seen them when I was shopping around
You can get them here at Gifts and Care. I believe they are still a B&B Vendor. They also ship State side and have always had excellent customer service. Fatip Piccolo Chrome Slant Close Open Double Edge Safety Razor - Gifts&Care (giftsandcare.com)

Within Europe Rasoigoodfellas Bergamo ships much quicker and cheaper then G&C - product prices and service are equally good.

I can attest to that.
They ship usually within a week in Europe, only now DHL is "clogged" and it's taking a bit longer. Normally would be 5days to a week max from posting date to delivery.
Prices are also slightly better than everywhere else generally, only issue is often low stocks.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
I can attest to that.
They ship usually within a week in Europe, only now DHL is "clogged" and it's taking a bit longer. Normally would be 5days to a week max from posting date to delivery.
Prices are also slightly better than everywhere else generally, only issue is often low stocks.
The last time I tried Rassiogoodfellas didn't ship to the US, and Gifts and Care sent the item PostNL. PostNL sent the package to China where it was lost for a month before moving on to the US. Gifts and Care has since switched to sending items USPS. The cost is higher than Connaught, from the UK, but Gifts and Care usually gets new Fatips first. Note: I wanted to like PostNL, being Dutch, but they are over priced and abysmal.

The last time I tried Rassiogoodfellas didn't ship to the US, and Gifts and Care sent the item PostNL. PostNL sent the package to China where it was lost for a month before moving on to the US. Gifts and Care has since switched to sending items USPS. The cost is higher than Connaught, from the UK, but Gifts and Care usually gets new Fatips first. Note: I wanted to like PostNL, being Dutch, but they are over priced and abysmal.

I have received a Fatip Piccolo Gold from G&C this week from PostNL. It was very fast and cheap, but I am not US based.

Rassiogoodfellas now says it ships to the US via DHL for E29....that is a lot of coin! DHL is the worst in my area.

It's RASOI good fellas not RASSIO :lol: , rasoi means razors in Italian (yeah, plural)

Just had my first shave with the FOCS. Just... WOW
Really a great razor, comfortable and efficient. The blade was a new Gillette Platinum, sharp and smooth.
It seemed to me as efficient as the classic OC but much smoother, I only had some trouble finding the angle on the ATG and intuitively resorted to going steep.

What angle do you use with the FOCS or FCCS?

Top Bottom