What's new

Pearl's new semi-slant razor - Pearl L-65 now available

Pearl has now opened up sales for, what I believe, its first semi-slant razor - The Pearl L 65
L-65-Semi-Slant-1.jpg

L-65-Semi-Slant-2.jpg

Razor Specifications:
Handle: Stainless steel (316L)
Head: Special Zinc alloy
Color: Matt Nickle
Height: 10.5 cm
Weight: 107 gms
Handle: Height 10 cm
Handle Weight: 62 gms
Head Height: 1.1 cm
Head Weight: 45 gms
Head Type: Close Comb semi-slant (Special Zinc alloy)

This razor currently costs ₹ 799 ( ~ $ 9.64 US).

This is Pearl's first semi-slant. It comes with 10 included blades (the brand isn't mentioned but I suspect it is "The Gentleman").

This razor is priced quite competitively, so I'm quite tempted to buy it just for the heck of it... If the razor turns out to be unsuitable, at least I get a nice SS handle. :c4:

Last edited by a moderator:
Pearl has now opened up sales for, what I believe, its first semi-slant razor - The Pearl L 65
View attachment 1806102
View attachment 1806103

Razor Specifications:
Handle: Stainless steel (316L)
Head: Special Zinc alloy
Color: Matt Nickle
Height: 10.5 cm
Weight: 107 gms
Handle: Height 10 cm
Handle Weight: 62 gms
Head Height: 1.1 cm
Head Weight: 45 gms
Head Type: Close Comb semi-slant (Special Zinc alloy)

This razor currently costs ₹ 799 ( ~ $ 9.64 US).

This is Pearl's first semi-slant. It comes with 10 included blades (the brand isn't mentioned but I suspect it is "The Gentleman").

This razor is priced quite competitively, so I'm quite tempted to buy it just for the heck of it... If the razor turns out to be unsuitable, at least I get a nice SS handle. :c4:
Thanks for posting. It looks like Pearl's version of the early German Mulcutto. Ikon razors did a copy of it a few years ago. Have you ever ordered directly from Pearl? Any issues? They seem to use a service called razorpay instead of paypal.

Last edited by a moderator:

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Ok, I've not been paying enough attention I guess. What is a Semi Slant, as opposed to a full one? One of my favorites is a Pearl OC Adjustable, at the price cited I might have to take a swing

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Tilted head slant. Direct copy of the 90 year old Mulcuto Schrägschnitt. @rusty1 nailed it.
I think ikon copied the needlepoint slant, it really was a torsionhobel.
These guys need to come out and design something of their own.

garyg

Thanks gents - so if I may restate it, the semi means less of a slant than my others? Building in the Gillette Slide?

Good luck finding this is the USA. For now, I believe it is only available via the Pearl India web site. Shipping would be more expensive than the razor. Maybe it just a matter of time before other that sell pearl it the USA, list the L-65..
BFX
Me, I certainly don't have a need or want for it..Nothing negative, just have plenty of great tools..
BFX

garyg

Good luck finding this is the USA. For now, I believe it is only available via the Pearl India web site. Shipping would be more expensive than the razor. Maybe it just a matter of time before other that sell pearl it the USA, list the L-65..
BFX
Me, I certainly don't have a need or want for it..Nothing negative, just have plenty of great tools..
BFX

Good - I don't need another razor :straight:

Thanks for posting. It looks like Pearl's version of the early German Mulcutto. Ikon razors did a copy of it a few years ago. Have you ever ordered directly from Pearl? Any issues? They seem to use a service called razorpay instead of paypal.

I have not ordered directly from Pearl but I have ordered many times from other (non-razor specific) sites which use RazorPay. RazorPay (happy coincidence :biggrin1:) is a widely used payment gateway site in India.

BFX
BFX

Yes, I don't think it makes sense to import this from the US, but maybe if you're importing a bunch of items from India perhaps via a physical proxy it might be worth it for the curious. I recall some people here liking the Parker semi-slant.

garyg

Tempting, too bad there's already too many slants here to use, that the postage almost costs the razor, and it has that ungainly long handle. I did go look - Maggard's still has 40 of them ..

Top Bottom