What's new

Fatip razor (pros & cons)

Well, I placed an order for the Fatip il Grosso OC in Gold!
This will be Fatip #5 and I think I'll stop there (for now). The only other head to try is the closed comb slant but I really have no interest in that one.
I guess I'll be a guinea pig for this one since barely no information exists for this razor.
The size & weight + the supposed head "improvements" are what got me interested.
I surprisingly sold a razor today and those funds fully covered this purchase:)
I bought it at Fendrihan and apparently it was the last one because it went out of stock as soon as I bought it.
$34.99 and free shipping starts at $35 🤣
I threw in a tuck of Nacets (which I've never tried) for $1.99 so that got me free shipping plus something that I'll actually use.
Fendrihan's like 45 minutes from me so it should arrive pretty quick. This is my first time ever buying from them!
I'll post the day it arrives and a shave report then!

View attachment 1489263
nice i want to try out the fatip sb slant now

there also this long handle faitp but i think its the testina sb head on it

youve confused me even more as i thought there were just two handles, piccollo and grande, now i threw my box away for my slant so now im unsure which one it is now lol

ill measure it but i think it came in a blue box but not 100% sure will try to measure it
If it's a slant, it'll either be a Piccolo, La Storto or Grande handle. Just go to Fatip's website and compare it to the pictures they have and you'll be able to figure it out. The 3 handles are visually different.

Reactions: saj
just noticed the fatip black tie razor, seems to have the testina head but different black handle ive not seen before, anyone got that one?

@LRod @couch_potato @Guido75 @JanVanDerVoort

If it's a slant, it'll either be a Piccolo, La Storto or Grande handle. Just go to Fatip's website and compare it to the pictures they have and you'll be able to figure it out. The 3 handles are visually different.
yea going to double check :)

nice i want to try out the fatip sb slant now

there also this long handle faitp but i think its the testina sb head on it

The SB slant is the only one that hasn't interested me for some reason. If you do get one please post your results!
The one that you posted on Amazon is the SB retro which is the long skinny handle. Those also come in OC option.

The SB slant is the only one that hasn't interested me for some reason. If you do get one please post your results!
The one that you posted on Amazon is the SB retro which is the long skinny handle. Those also come in OC option.
yea figured it out after i posted saw the that on the fatip website

what about this black tie fatip i posted?
doesnt seem to be on the fatip site

yea figured it out after i posted saw the that on the fatip website

what about this black tie fatip i posted?
doesnt seem to be on the fatip site

They're both on the website. They show up under the "Nobile" section:

To my knowledge, the only 2 production razors that don't show up on their website are the il Grosso and the Golden beards razor. The Golden Beards is made for Golden Beards by Fatip so it just shows up on the Golden Beards website and the il Grosso is new so I guess they haven't added it yet. I guess they're slow at updating!
I believe the Plisson-Joris razor heads are also made by Fatip. I haven't looked into those though since they seem to be crazy expensive considering it's a Fatip Head. I guess the handles are what makes them so expensive.

Last edited:
They're both on the website. They show up under the "Nobile" section:

To my knowledge, the only 2 production razors that don't show up on their website are the il Grosso and the Golden beards razor. The Golden Beards is made for Golden Beards by Fatip so it just shows up on the Golden Beards website and the il Grosso is new so I guess they haven't added it yet. I guess they're slow at updating!
I believe the Plisson-Joris razor heads are also made by Fatip. I haven't looked into those though since they seem to be crazy expensive considering it's a Fatip Head. I guess the handles are what makes them so expensive.
Thanks didn't see that on their site,
Do you have that that black tie nobile fatip?

There's also the schone de oc razor which has less teeth on the oc then the fatip oc but they've been discontinued I think if I remember correctly so will be hard to get unless second hand

Thanks didn't see that on their site,
Do you have that that black tie nobile fatip?

There's also the schone de oc razor which has less teeth on the oc then the fatip oc but they've been discontinued I think if I remember correctly so will be hard to get unless second hand
I don't have any nobile's yet. I will at some point!
I'm up to (my first) 5 Fatip's in a period of 2 weeks so I'm gonna stop here for now, Lol! I'm gonna experiment and enjoy these and eventually I'll buy some others that have those wood/resin handles. I do tend to favor metal handles though so that's why I started with the ones that I've just bought.

The Schone I'll probably never buy because as you pointed out, it's no longer made. I'll stick to the production pieces that Fatip makes.

@LRod just checked and seems I got two grande and the one piccollo

La storto handle looks nice
Cool!
The La Storto handle is very nice. Seems to be in between the Piccolo & Grande in terms of length & diameter and has a very pretty pattern.
I don't have one!
So far my handles are: one Piccolo, three Grande's and one il Grosso.

just noticed the fatip black tie razor, seems to have the testina head but different black handle ive not seen before, anyone got that one?

no, unfortunatelly, looks beautiful but at my vendors was bit pricey

No, I have not got this one. Odd photo by Amazon - package says testina gentile (SB), but the razor in front is the testina originale (OC). I prefer the Piccolo handle myself as I like the solid nature compared to the Grande. That’s why I like the Grosso.

And I like their shave quality. And most favourable perhaps is all of this compared to their price. You can go nuts and still not break the back.

Guido

No, I have not got this one. Odd photo by Amazon - package says testina gentile (SB), but the razor in front is the testina originale (OC).
I guess this is an issue with the people who take those pictures. If you look at the Fatip razors on the Pasteur Shaving website, some have the same issue. Seems like Pasteur uses the same pictures!
The box/razor/description sometimes doesn't match. When ordering, I go by the product description of the store to make sure I get the right one. I ignore the picture!

Top Bottom