What's new

FaTip Piccolo Special Edition

The finish looks different than most razors and it is very unique. I’ve gone back and forth on whether to buy a Fatip because I already have quite a number of razors already. If I was to get one, I think I would get the SE because I like the contrasting finishes. If I didn’t like the finish, I would simply buy an all nickel or gold plated one.

There are plenty of pictures of the SE online to make that decision before buying one and thinking it is ugly upon arrival.

The SE is both stylish and well-made as you would expect. This becomes even more apparent when you hold it in your hand. The real benefits shine out when you use it for the first time.

Too bad no SEs are on eBay today, they have the 15% discount going on.

Anybody that wants to sell one of their SEs they don’t like, put it on BST and I’ll buy today.

Last edited:
Excuse me for coming into the discussion a bit late but are you saying that Fatip has a SE razor for sale? If so, please post a picture of a link to it. Love to see it.

I tried the real Piccolo Sp. Ed. today with open comb. Lovely shave.

I am a bit glad that through the Picolo S.Ed. plus the Grande razor, I have most of the Fatip razor combinations available.

I am a bit glad that through the Picolo S.Ed. plus the Grande razor, I have most of the Fatip razor combinations available.

Wait, are you saying that there is a Fatip Piccolo Sp. Ed. Course available? That would be terrific to download a video with shaving tips.

Sorry, couldn’t resist.

Started OCtober today with the Piccolo SE on the Original plate and a Derby Extra, a blade which I have always found to be very, very dull. Using one was a bit like using a wet flannel and hoping for whiskers to be removed.
Today's effort delivered a DFS+ for my first ever OC shave, and I am really impressed. I'll be revisiting all my z-list blades with this razor!

Started OCtober today with the Piccolo SE on the Original plate and a Derby Extra, a blade which I have always found to be very, very dull. Using one was a bit like using a wet flannel and hoping for whiskers to be removed.
Today's effort delivered a DFS+ for my first ever OC shave, and I am really impressed. I'll be revisiting all my z-list blades with this razor!

Let me tell you that I have been using my Grande (same head as piccolo) these last 3 months with every blade I had from the sample. I got 2 weeks of shave from every blade. Of course I have my preferences, but I am convinced that every blades works for my goal, which is 14 shaves out of a blade.

This is a great razor at an affordable price.

Raven Koenes

My precious!

I would love to see a picture of your collection!

Have Fatip got just the two different heads - the Original (open comb) and the gentile (safety bar) - that they use with all their different models?

Have Fatip got just the two different heads - the Original (open comb) and the gentile (safety bar) - that they use with all their different models?
No they haven't. Fatip has several models, but I think the heads are two or maybe 3 types.

@Raven Koenes
Raven is the Fatip expert and he knows more than me.

Currently yes. The model names refer to the handles used. But we're eagerly awaiting the new Fatip Slant. :punk:

That's a nice looking razor handle!
Thank you Dave. :001_smile

Bernd at Shavemac made it to my design, to match up with one of his fabulous brushes.
upload_2018-10-12_22-38-0.png

I must admit that I'd seriously considered asking you if you could make one for me. But as I was into the Shavemac scene, and Germany is a lot easier (post and customs wise) for the UK where I am than the States, I jumped at the chance when Bernd said he could do it (with the M4.5 x 0.75mm thread for my Fatip).

Top Bottom