What's new

(Fatip) Piccolo Lovers’ Club: PLC

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Awesome! I have been wondering about how to add some Turnips and Rhubarb to some of my meals. I bet some other root vegetable would work well in this as well.

Colcannon is very similar to the recipes I briefly looked at for Stamppot Boerenkool and mainly saw some different spices or flavorings added. Your grandmother's version reminds me of some of the East German recipes I remember from my days in that part of Germany.
Well, you are relying on the memory of someone who was young and watched in horror as she put all manner of ill into the mixing bowl. It may very well have been beets. All I know is that the stamppot had a reddish tinge to it that left credence to the thought she was trying to feed me squished mice. I'm sure rhubarb would work. :001_smile

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Well, you are relying on the memory of someone who was young and watched in horror as she put all manner of ill into the mixing bowl. It may very well have been beets. All I know is that the stamppot had a reddish tinge to it that left credence to the thought she was trying to feed me squished mice. I'm sure rhubarb would work. :001_smile
This takes me back to the days when my Grandmother would boil beets during our visit yearly to the Grandparent's home in Arizona, while growing up. It smelled like she was boiling socks...:rolleyes5

~doug~

Fatip Friday

Cella Crema Da Barba, red, tub
Omega 10049 Professional boar brush
Fatip Piccolo SE
Astra Superior Platinum (new)
Omega alum block
Pinaud Clubman aftershave

I haven't used the Fatip in months, but noticed it is Friday, so that means Fatip Friday! This was a three pass shave, also very different than shaving with mild razors for several weeks. The Piccolo doesn't qualify as mild! There was a small amount of feedback from the alum block, but none from the aftershave. The Fatip, notwithstanding its faults, delivered a stunningly close shave. No weepers, cuts or irritation.

An excellent, extremely close shave. 10/10

Have a wonderful Friday and enjoy your shaves! :badger:

Heyy there, Piccolo folk :a17:

Does this brotherhood still in the game?:laugh:
I recently found this club and ordered Fatip Piccolo in nickel to try it; bought it for 15 USD here, in Ukraine. I read a lot of reviews and comments that this little Italian guy is aggressive and can be rough, so I got ready for that: I took a shower, applied my best EJ pre-shave lotion, loaded pretty mild, fresh GSB, and gave it a shot :a41:

You know what? It was as mild as my Merkur Progress on the second setting, but more efficient for sure. Where do they hide this aggressiveness?:laugh: I liked my new Fatip Piccolo, it would be surely one of my favourite razors

P.S. steep doesn't work with this razor, only max. possible shallow level for me

ap2.jpg

Raven Koenes

My precious!

I recently found this club and ordered Fatip Piccolo in nickel to try it; bought it for 15 USD here, in Ukraine. I read a lot of reviews and comments that this little Italian guy is aggressive and can be rough, so I got ready for that: I took a shower, applied my best EJ pre-shave lotion, loaded pretty mild, fresh GSB, and gave it a shot :a41:

You know what? It was as mild as my Merkur Progress on the second setting, but more efficient for sure. Where do they hide this aggressiveness?:laugh: I liked my new Fatip Piccolo, it would be surely one of my favourite razors

P.S. steep doesn't work with this razor, only max. possible shallow level for me

View attachment 1641377
Vlad, Yes we are still here! That's a beautiful nickel-plated Piccolo. Are you in brother? If so, welcome aboard, and feel free to ad PLC to your signature line. That makes it official. :001_smile

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents

View attachment 1641377
Welcome aboard Vlad, great looking setup!

~doug~

I read a lot of reviews and comments that this little Italian guy is aggressive and can be rough, so I got ready for that
Hi @Vlad97

That might be referring to the Piccolo Mk.1 which is quite aggressive. Early on it seemed to have a reputation as a bloodletter.

In 2015 the Piccolo Mk.2 came out. The blade exposure was reduced by 30+% and this is the Piccolo we know and love today.

I would like to try a Mk.1 one day just for giggles. Heard they are sought after?

Welcome aboard Vlad, great looking setup!

~doug~
Thank you, mate! :blush:

That might be referring to the Piccolo Mk.1 which is quite aggressive. Early on it seemed to have a reputation as a bloodletter.

In 2015 the Piccolo Mk.2 came out. The blade exposure was reduced by 30+% and this is the Piccolo we know and love today.

I would like to try a Mk.1 one day just for giggles. Heard they are sought after?
Hey there, @Alum Ladd ! Hm, that makes sense then. The blade exposure indeed is little and looks safe. As for me, I'd better stay with the more peaceful version of Piccolo a.k.a. Mk.2 :biggrin1: This was a great combo of closeness and smoothness when I applied a shallow angle :thumbup::thumbup1:

By the way, I heard that R41 is far more aggressive than Piccolo. What would you say, mates? How would you rate it? 🤔

Hello guys, i have my Piccolo now about 3 months and its one of my favorite razors. Effective but still mild, i do almost always only ATG passes (with any razor, DE, carts ...) and its gives me very close shaves, used shallow and quite little pressure.
Mine has very good parallel alignment, but can sometimes have one side a little bit more aggressive than the other, which can be adjusted with some manual alignment.
I didnt like the shipped Derby blue blades with it very much, i used Treet Platinums in it, which is cclearly better for me.
I wonder which blades would be really best in the piccolo?

Hi @Phil Dumont ! The same with the parallel alignment but it doesn't bother me at all, to be honest. Talking about the blades, I tried only a couple of them (cuz I have Piccolo for only a week lol), they are BIC Chrome Platinum and GSB. BIC works better (but that's only for me you know). However(!), I read that most of the blades work well in this razor so I may assume Piccolo is omnivorous:cuppa: Cheers

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Hello guys, i have my Piccolo now about 3 months and its one of my favorite razors. Effective but still mild, i do almost always only ATG passes (with any razor, DE, carts ...) and its gives me very close shaves, used shallow and quite little pressure.
Mine has very good parallel alignment, but can sometimes have one side a little bit more aggressive than the other, which can be adjusted with some manual alignment.
I didnt like the shipped Derby blue blades with it very much, i used Treet Platinums in it, which is cclearly better for me.
I wonder which blades would be really best in the piccolo?
I like Gillette Platinum blades in mine, but I find my Fatip's work well with just about any blade. I'm of the understanding that Fatip has come out with their own brand of blades recently...

~doug~

Hi @Phil Dumont ! The same with the parallel alignment but it doesn't bother me at all, to be honest. Talking about the blades, I tried only a couple of them (cuz I have Piccolo for only a week lol), they are BIC Chrome Platinum and GSB. BIC works better (but that's only for me you know). However(!), I read that most of the blades work well in this razor so I may assume Piccolo is omnivorous:cuppa: Cheers
Thanks for the tips on blades for the piccolo! I also read that the piccolo makes most blades work well (like a YT channel of a Swedish shaver, Johnny, where he also says this). Two weeks ago, i bought 10 Bic Chrome Platinum blades, i didn't use these in the piccolo yet, i will try now i know they seem to work well for you.

I cant buy the Gillette Silver Blues here in Belgium for a fair price. On Amazon Belgium or France or Germany, they don't sell them, dont find them on Ebay either. I dont find the Nacets either.
Wizamets only available in a pack of 250.
Seems like so many most liked blades are not available for me here, kinda weird.

SOTD APRIL 24
April 2023 GRUME
MdC Monday
(Fatip) Piccolo Lovers Club: PLC

Hello friends

This week started with a beautiful Monday. Day with clear skies, sun shining and mild temperature. I decided to correct an injustice: I took my good old Piccolo who was sad in my den, put an Artra Green (2) on it, reached my dear Semogue 1305 and the wonderful MdC Original.

What a shave, my friends! I had already forgotten how phenomenal Piccolo is. Efficient, smooth and superbly manoeuvrable. To finish off splendidly, Pinaud Clubman Classic Vanilla.

To be part of this epic, Don Byas and his iconographic version of Laura.

Rating: 9,5

Have a nice week and great shaves.
❤️🪒

6BD93E49-1EAE-48BF-87FF-6783093D0053.jpeg
B761F6AD-7A87-48DE-9518-4BC6DE155C96.jpeg

Thank you, mate! :blush:

Hey there, @Alum Ladd ! Hm, that makes sense then. The blade exposure indeed is little and looks safe. As for me, I'd better stay with the more peaceful version of Piccolo a.k.a. Mk.2 :biggrin1: This was a great combo of closeness and smoothness when I applied a shallow angle :thumbup::thumbup1:

By the way, I heard that R41 is far more aggressive than Piccolo. What would you say, mates? How would you rate it? 🤔
The Piccolo is just a bit less aggressive than the R41, this is true, but not by much. The Piccolo is also smoother. However, depending on the blade choice and shaving angle you can make the Piccolo more or less aggressive as you choose.

I have both the Piccolo Mk. 1 and Mk. 2 models. The Mk. 1 you just need to be more careful with it. Once you have learned it, you get great results. Overall, I still prefer the Mk. 2 or the Schone razor (made by Fatip).

The Piccolo is just a bit less aggressive than the R41, this is true, but not by much. The Piccolo is also smoother. However, depending on the blade choice and shaving angle you can make the Piccolo more or less aggressive as you choose.

I have both the Piccolo Mk. 1 and Mk. 2 models. The Mk. 1 you just need to be more careful with it. Once you have learned it, you get great results. Overall, I still prefer the Mk. 2 or the Schone razor (made by Fatip).
Thanks! Then I'll get it someday and give it a try:cuppa:

Top Bottom