What's new

(Fatip) Piccolo Lovers’ Club: PLC

It is definitely not! And a household name here in the Netherlands. Almost any super market or drugstore will carry at least the puck and if you are lucky they have a boar brush, aftershave and stick available too. It was my go-to when I first went into DE shaving (‘because that’s what you get when you want to shave wet’).

And I cannot pin point the scent, but when it hits my nose I am back in my parents bathroom (my dad still has his Tabac and Old Spice mugs - with soap!) or my own first apartment (still have that brush and razor).

Guido

Check @pemaleto - I took them for a ride in the KCG. It was rough(er) at first but to be honest it smoothed out with more shaves. I ended up using one blade 6-7 shaves (usually four passes). I did not expect that at all. The Fatip performs very well with KCG blades and Tiger Platinums. Maybe it is the platinum coating although the Dorco is supposedly platinum as well. Ok blade but not on my repurchase list so far. Curious to try the Dorco Titan of which I have one 5-pack. Read some good reviews about that blade.

And as for the Dorco in the Fatip - see my SOTD post and be part of the mayhem 😬: What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best) - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/what-did-you-use-today-rate-the-shave-1-10-10-best.568241/post-11753381

Not sure if I am ready for a BIC yet - need to work on my technique some more, but good to know it is a matching combination. Thanks.

Cheers,

Guido
Interesting to see my progress since then. Almost all blades work for me in a Fatip nowadays. I have Dorco Titan the most in stock followed by Tiger Platinum. No longer daunted by BICs - in fact I think my store will get an order in the future. Technique is key.

Guido

Last edited:

Raven Koenes

My precious!
It is definitely not! And a household name here in the Netherlands. Almost any super market or drugstore will carry at least the puck and if you are lucky they have a boar brush, aftershave and stick available too. It was my go-to when I first went into DE shaving (‘because that’s what you get when you want to shave wet’).

And I cannot pin point the scent, but when it hits my nose I am back in my parents bathroom (my dad still has his Tabac and Old Spice mugs - with soap!) or my own first apartment (still have that brush and razor).

Guido
Ja Hoor. :001_smile

Not sure if you are playing with me here or not here - I cannot hear your tonality with which you are saying these words :glare: - but based on the smiley I am going with everything is cool 😎!

DVH also had excellent lathering capabilities. Hard not to get great lather for a nice scented and easy shave.

Guido

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Not sure if you are playing with me here or not here - I cannot hear your tonality with which you are saying these words :glare: - but based on the smiley I am going with everything is cool 😎!

DVH also had excellent lathering capabilities. Hard not to get great lather for a nice scented and easy shave.

Guido
Everything is cool. I used it with a happy normal tone with an emphasis on Ja. In western Michigan (Holland/Zeeland Michigan area) dutch we never use it sarcastically, but use the phrase frequently and often as an agreement like; yes of course, for sure. It's used so frequently in conversation that I've counted the number of times a speaker uses it. I think the record was every other sentence and up to fifteen times or more. It's colloquial to that area like that, I guess? lol.

Last edited:
Excellent Rave! And for the non-Dutchy’s (which covers just about everybody on the planet) let me explain before you think Rave and I are ranting on each other because we are definitely not. How could we, we are brothers in Piccolo and SASA arms!

However, just about every word in the Dutch language has a multitude of meanings depending on how you use it in a sentence or how you pronounce it. So Raven said “Ja hoor” which - if you place emphasis on the second word rather than the first word - would mean “yeah, sure bud” (as in I do not believe you or you are pulling my leg). Obviously not the case here, I just wanted to check :letterk1:.

Anyway back to our normal discourse on Piccolo’s. I do find that DVH (a soap company founded in 1554) has a tendency to feel dry like a real soap. But that is only post shave. During the shave the glide is excellent, helping your open comb or Gentile do it work most comfortably.

Guido

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
It's used so frequently in conversation that I've counted the number of times a speaker uses it.
And I thought I was the only one that counted the number of times a speaker uses a phrase. We had one speaker at my work that alternated between "uh" and "you know" as many as 150 times in one speech.
I had absolutely no idea what she was talking about, but had to sit through her speeches every quarterly meeting.

~doug~

I'm usually a bit jealous of Guido because he has access to some great Indonesian food in the Netherlands.... but we leave for Bali two weeks from today... so I won't be green with envy for a month straight. <eg> ;)
While I generally would not suggest to actually do it, you can wake me up for Indonesian food anytime!

Have a great stay in Bali (both leisure and business).

Guido

20220903_154424.jpg

Got my Piccolo FOCS today. What a smooth shaver!

Thursday shave

Warm water to wet/soften whiskers
Tabac Original shave soap
Yaqi Timberwolf 24mm synthetic brush
Maggard lather bowl
Fatip Piccolo OC
Perma-Sharp blade (new)
Omega alum block
Pinaud Clubman aftershave

This was a three pass shave; WTG, XTG, ATG with some buffing.
The Fatip Piccolo OC delivered a very close shave. Quite a departure from the Henson +++ I used for the previous 10 shaves; my skin can tell the difference (Henson is much easier on the skin).

10/10 Excellent

Saturday shave

Warm water used
Maggard 24mm synthetic brush
Fatip Piccolo OC
Perma-Sharp razor blade (1)
Aqua Velva Ice Blue aftershave

Excellent close shave today. The teeny tiny handle on the Fatip makes it a bit difficult to use, but the razor gives a remarkable shave!

10/10

Fatip Wednesday (?)

Warm water used, it's chilly here in the morning.
Paladin 24mm brush, re-knotted with TurnNshave Angel synthetic knot
Fatip Piccolo SE Nickel plated OC razor
Perma-Sharp razor blade (2)
Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum Aftershave Splash

Three pass shave; WTG, XTG, ATG.
Once again, the Fatip Piccolo yielded a marvelous shave. Even though it's necessary to manually center the blade and the handle is short and slippery, the Piccolo always does the job well.
Everything about this shave was very good.

10/10

Have a good shave, everyone!

Fatip Friday shave

Simpson Trafalgar T3 synthetic brush
Fatip il Piccolo SE OC razor
Perma-Sharp razor blade (3 uses before today's shave)
Aqua Velva Ice Blue aftershave

It was a good shave today, but I think the Perma-Sharp blade is done after four uses. It gave an overall good shave, but just a bit more harsh than the previous three shaves. Tabac provided a nice cushion and adequate slickness.

9.5/10

Have a groovy weekend and enjoy some great shaves!

Raven Koenes

My precious!
SOTD: :001_wub:
Razor: Fatip Piccolo Cr
Blade: Shark Platinum (4)
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Soap: Scheermonnik Delfts Wit
Aftershave: Gillette CoolWave (Splash)
028_01_17.jpg

I had a snow day from work, and I have next week off for the holidays. This means I got an extra shave this week, just because. I've had really good shaves with this kit. This line-up may be better than the best shave line-up in the Universe.

Top Bottom