What's new

(Fatip) Piccolo Lovers’ Club: PLC

For this morning's shave I enjoyed a long overdue outing with the Piccolo and Semogue 610 and very nice it was too 🙂
IMG_20221120_101303460.jpg

1674370720355.png

I've been really, really enjoying my SE shaves the last two weeks. I've only tried the OC plate so far and it's been producing very smooth, irritation-free shaves. It's going to be hard to SWS my new Tech this coming week and leave the Italian Stallion behind for a bit. January is turning out to be @Guido75 month between the Piccolo and the Tech.

I do find the handle a little slippery, I'm not sure if it's the long vertical grooves or the plating or what. So I've installed the @Tanuki patented semi-parabolic HEXPOL hyper-polymer grip enhancement rings (ie; from a $3 rubber grommet kit from Harbor Freight) and I've found they help me maintain my angle a little better.

Attachments

• 1674369458662.png
    1674369458662.png
    1 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:
I'm usually a bit jealous of Guido because he has access to some great Indonesian food in the Netherlands.... but we leave for Bali two weeks from today... so I won't be green with envy for a month straight. <eg> ;)
The Netherlands has awesome food! The seafaring trade in the past brought a lot of awesome cuisines to the Netherlands. I can't speak to French food in France but, the quality and variety of cuisines is outstanding in the Netherlands. I like German food too but, the variety is pretty narrow and Doner Kebab is essentially a Turkish import for a little bit of variety when the German classics get to be a bit much, and I have also enjoyed them in the Netherlands!

I'm a huge fan of Fatip for anyone looking for a great razor at a modest price. I'm not sure about the reports of alignment issues today because mine are both several years old!

Are the poor QC and alignment issues related to COVID staff changes? When did the alignment problems start? Any risk of buying one today and getting a "dud"?

On a somewhat related thought, does anyone make aftermarket handles that fit the Fatip razors without swapping the top cap for a more standardized threading?

Are the poor QC and alignment issues related to COVID staff changes? When did the alignment problems start? Any risk of buying one today and getting a "dud"?
No nothing Covid related. Alignment issues are one of the special features ever since Fatip began making razors. The risk of buying is reversed - you might end up with one that actually aligns brilliantly.

Guido

Made curious by the fandom here I bought and il piccolo last week. I immediately discovered that it was just too mild for me, probably because unlike any other comb razor I have the blade rests directly on the comb. So I put two shims underneath, to give it some bite, and slid the blade fully to one side. Now I have a mild version which is enough for most of me, and I can flip it around on my clean-up pass to get a more aggressive cut for where I need that. Now it works GREAT. But I hate the handle. Then I came here and found the rubber O-ring solution from flask28. What a great idea!

Raven Koenes

My precious!
The Netherlands has awesome food! The seafaring trade in the past brought a lot of awesome cuisines to the Netherlands. I can't speak to French food in France but, the quality and variety of cuisines is outstanding in the Netherlands. I like German food too but, the variety is pretty narrow and Doner Kebab is essentially a Turkish import for a little bit of variety when the German classics get to be a bit much, and I have also enjoyed them in the Netherlands!

I'm a huge fan of Fatip for anyone looking for a great razor at a modest price. I'm not sure about the reports of alignment issues today because mine are both several years old!

Lest not forget the ever-popular stamppot boerenkool, referred to by my grandmother from Groeningin as mous/mouse, it gives the Brits a run for their money in the cuisine department. :tongue_sm

Lest not forget the ever-popular stamppot boerenkool, referred to by my grandmother from Groeningin as mous/mouse, it gives the Brits a run for their money in the cuisine department. :tongue_sm

My Dutch friend introduced me to that at Signaal one day at the company cafeteria when the "hot grill" was closed. He sort of apologized since I normally patronized that part of the company lunchroom staying with the common staples of my meals at home in the USA.

Little did he know that would become a highlight of my dining there! That and the Green Herring on Saturday morning beside the church in the center of town. The locals got a big kick out of this foreigner eating all the Herring! 3 little trays with some diced onion was apparently a bit unusual for that fish truck!

When I got home, I tried making my own but, I didn't know its name or spelling well enough to Google it so, I ended up making Irish Colcannon my "special occasion" meal back home in the USA. Irish Colcannon and Stamppot Boerenkool appear to be very similar and what I made was certainly close enough to make me happy!

This and a little brown gravy was a huge hit with my mother as well!

Raven Koenes

My precious!
My Dutch friend introduced me to that at Signaal one day at the company cafeteria when the "hot grill" was closed. He sort of apologized since I normally patronized that part of the company lunchroom staying with the common staples of my meals at home in the USA.

Little did he know that would become a highlight of my dining there! That and the Green Herring on Saturday morning beside the church in the center of town. The locals got a big kick out of this foreigner eating all the Herring! 3 little trays with some diced onion was apparently a bit unusual for that fish truck!

When I got home, I tried making my own but, I didn't know its name or spelling well enough to Google it so, I ended up making Irish Colcannon my "special occasion" meal back home in the USA. Irish Colcannon and Stamppot Boerenkool appear to be very similar and what I made was certainly close enough to make me happy!

This and a little brown gravy was a huge hit with my mother as well!
Stamppot was the one food I really didn't like as a child. I remember hanging out to see what was for dinner. When my grandmother brought out the big mixing bowl to mash everything together I remember the sense of dread. The color just didn't seem right. That is because she would add turnips and rhubarb to the mix. She called it mouse and it looked like a dead mashed one to me. As an adult I love it. I wish I could turn back the clock to appreciate her and the love she put into it.

Now to look up Irish Colcannon, I've never heard of it.

.. That is because she would add turnips and rhubarb to the mix. She called it mouse and it looked like a dead mashed one to me. As an adult I love it. I wish I could turn back the clock to appreciate her and the love she put into it.

Now to look up Irish Colcannon, I've never heard of it.

Awesome! I have been wondering about how to add some Turnips and Rhubarb to some of my meals. I bet some other root vegetable would work well in this as well.

Colcannon is very similar to the recipes I briefly looked at for Stamppot Boerenkool and mainly saw some different spices or flavorings added. Your grandmother's version reminds me of some of the East German recipes I remember from my days in that part of Germany.

Top Bottom