What's new

(Fatip) Piccolo Lovers’ Club: PLC

Fatip Saturday :001_wub:

Beautiful, sunny, and cool Saturday morning here in my independent Kyiv. A hot morning shower and shave make me feel alive again lol. My set today is pretty simple:

Hot shower as a prep
Tabac Soap
Yaqi Sagrada 24mm brush
Piccolo
GSB (7)
Marmara lotion + Alum

And it's an amazing shave, BBS– but irritation free. Previously I always shaved in 3.5 passes, now I excluded the "with the grain" pass and start with "across". To be honest, WTH pass doesn't work for me if we're talking about everyday-every other day shave when my stubble is too short. It's simply not efficient no matter what angle, blade, or razor I used. However, with 1 ATG pass I receive DFS.

To put it simply, Piccolo proves to be an excellent razor, guys. After this pleasurable shave, I'm ready for one more day, and wish you a peaceful one as well. Cheers:cuppa:

29apr.jpg

Fatip Friday shave!

Razor: Fatip Piccolo SE open comb
Blade: Vi-John Super Platinum (new)
Soap: ARKO! tub
Brush: Maggard 24mm synthetic w/ marble handle (cheap and excellent)
Post shave: Omega alum block, Thayers Witch Hazel
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman

It's been a while since using the Fatip Piccolo SE, so in honor of Fatip Friday, it has made an appearance. This razor is particularly special, it was PIFed by @Tom Bowman about a year ago. It was the first PIF I entered and I was overjoyed to win. Thanks, Tom, wherever you are!

This was a three pass shave, some buffing, but no blood, no irritation. The Vi-John Super Platinum blade was sharp and contributed to an awesome shave.

10/10 BBS

Have a great weekend and enjoy your shaves!

July 7, 2023 Fatip Friday Shave

Razor: Fatip Piccolo OC
Blade: Vi-John Super Platinum (2)
Soap: ARKO puck
Brush: Omega 10066 Boar
Post Shave: Omega alum block, T.N. Dickinson's Witch Hazel
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman

This was a three pass shave with a minor amount of buffing required on a spot on the neck. The Fatip Piccolo did it's usual efficient shave.
All components of the shave worked together to produce a wonderful shave.

10/10

Have a productive and enjoyable day!

Long time no see!

During these several months, I used my Piccolo like 80% of the time, and exclusively the last couple of weeks. I am going to tell you the same story — that's a fantastic razor :w00t:. This is the keeper, the one which you choose if you have only one variant. I am definitely Piccolo Obsessed Lover! :001_wub:

Now I want to get FOCS but cannot find it in gold:crying:. The one available is the Chrome version only...

Today's shave:
  • Piccolo
  • Shark Super Chrome (8)
  • Yaqi Sagrada brush
  • Cella
  • Fine lotion

8.7.jpg

Long time no see!

During these several months, I used my Piccolo like 80% of the time, and exclusively the last couple of weeks. I am going to tell you the same story — that's a fantastic razor :w00t:. This is the keeper, the one which you choose if you have only one variant. I am definitely Piccolo Obsessed Lover! :001_wub:

Now I want to get FOCS but cannot find it in gold:crying:. The one available is the Chrome version only...

Today's shave:
  • Piccolo
  • Shark Super Chrome (8)
  • Yaqi Sagrada brush
  • Cella
  • Fine lotion

View attachment 1698378
Connaught shaving, Shaving.ie, yourshaving.com are all good places to check out for a hard to find razors generally.

There are a couple in Italy that escape me at the moment. If your throw in some razor blades or soaps, I generally find it easy to get free shipping too! Most of my AC and GEM blades come from the EU too!

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Long time no see!

Today's shave:
  • Piccolo
  • Shark Super Chrome (8)
  • Yaqi Sagrada brush
  • Cella
  • Fine lotion

View attachment 1698378
Vlad, I appreciate seeing pictures of your lineup. As we say around here, if there are no pictures it didn't happen. :001_smile

Connaught shaving, Shaving.ie, yourshaving.com are all good places to check out for a hard to find razors generally.

There are a couple in Italy that escape me at the moment. If your throw in some razor blades or soaps, I generally find it easy to get free shipping too! Most of my AC and GEM blades come from the EU too!
Thank you, I'll check all of them and their shipping info as the delivery is the main issue for me now (as I'm in Ukraine where the ruzzia's war is taking place and delivery/import is more complicated now). The matter is I already have nickel Piccolo and want some variety so the gold Fatip slant will be perfect :) Thanks one more time! :thumbup::cuppa:

Vlad, I appreciate seeing pictures of your lineup. As we say around here, if there are no pictures it didn't happen. :001_smile
Totally agree, thanks! ...Now I see why your pictures are so awesome :w00t:

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Thank you, I'll check all of them and their shipping info as the delivery is the main issue for me now (as I'm in Ukraine where the ruzzia's war is taking place and delivery/import is more complicated now). The matter is I already have nickel Piccolo and want some variety so the gold Fatip slant will be perfect :) Thanks one more time! :thumbup::cuppa:

Totally agree, thanks! ...Now I see why your pictures are so awesome :w00t:
:thumbup1:

Thank you, I'll check all of them and their shipping info as the delivery is the main issue for me now (as I'm in Ukraine where the ruzzia's war is taking place and delivery/import is more complicated now). The matter is I already have nickel Piccolo and want some variety so the gold Fatip slant will be perfect :)...

Hi Vlad, are you wanting the gold FOCS with Piccolo handle or maybe one of the other handles?

Hi Vlad, are you wanting the gold FOCS with Piccolo handle or maybe one of the other handles?
Hi there! Frankly, I even haven't known recently that FOCS with Piccolo handle exists :) So I was talking about a twisted handle (like Grande size), I'll attach the picture to be on the same page.

Why? Maybe some pieces of advice?:cuppa::blush:
Besides, I find Piccolo handle totally fine👍
proxy.php

Hi there! Frankly, I even haven't known recently that FOCS with Piccolo handle exists :) So I was talking about a twisted handle (like Grande size), I'll attach the picture to be on the same page.

Why? Maybe some pieces of advice?:cuppa::blush:
Besides, I find Piccolo handle totally fine👍

Mainly wanted you to know there is a Piccolo handle for the FOCS, since you like the regular Piccolo. Looks like @Cal beat me to it with the picture. That's the handle I've got (in chrome, though) and it gives a nice grip, with the twist. The regular Grande handle is fine, too.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
Long time no see!

Today's shave:
  • Piccolo
  • Shark Super Chrome (8)
  • Yaqi Sagrada brush
  • Cella
  • Fine lotion

View attachment 1698378
Rasoigoodfellas.eu in Italy has it at the moment if that helps. I bought a Lupo from them this year and the service was quick with no problems

Hi @Vlad97, here's the gold Piccolo Lo Storto:

View attachment 1698711
LINK
Hi @Cal , that's a fabulous one yay!

Mainly wanted you to know there is a Piccolo handle for the FOCS, since you like the regular Piccolo. Looks like @Cal beat me to it with the picture. That's the handle I've got (in chrome, though) and it gives a nice grip, with the twist. The regular Grande handle is fine, too.
Rasoigoodfellas.eu in Italy has it at the moment if that helps. I bought a Lupo from them this year and the service was quick with no problems
Appreciate it a lot, thanks! One day this beauty will be mine:devil::cornut::ihih::yesnod:

Morning's Piccolo shave

Razor:
Fatip Piccolo :shifty:
Blade: Super-Max Platinum (1)
Brush: Omega Proraso Boar
Soap: Tabac (non-tallow)
AF: Gillette Sea Mist lotion

3.5 passes transformed into BBS shave. I'm happy that I achieved that level when I can get BBS without any sort of irritation or even slight redness :ouch1:
Have a peaceful day and great shaves :hips:
9.8.jpg

Shave: 340
Razor: Fatip Il Piccolo Storto
Blade: Lord Super Chrome (1st use)
Brush: Omega pure badger (I can't recall the model number)
Soap: Proraso Green
Splash: Proraso Green

I missed a shave yesterday for the first time in years but I will catch up with an extra shave tonight 🙂

Except for the blade, all of today's kit hails from Italy and it was absolutely superb! 10/10

IMG_20231206_224131473.jpg

Top Bottom