What's new

Fatboy February 2017

Getting prepped for our Men's Conference. If you happen to be in AZ, check it out. www.legacycon.com
20170223_213521.jpg

Still hanging in there with my 59 Fatboy and the same Polsilver blade. Today will be Shave #20 because I traveled some this month. I must be a moderate/centrist guy finding set on 5 is my sweet spot.

Friday - Day 24
E3 FB on 4
Personna Red (shave #8)
Rooney Pure Badger
Proraso Red
Clubman aftershave

I don't know if I got in a hurry today, or what, but I really felt the aftershave burn like it hasn't in a long while. Still, it was almost a DFS, and I needed to wake up anyhow. I'm really looking forward to 3/1. Not that I have anything against my FB, but since I started collecting razors, this is the longest I've used a single razor for an entire month.

IMG_1284.JPG
D4 on 8/6/6/6 (4 pass)
TOBS Mr Taylors
Omega 10066
Gillette Silver Blue (3)
Thayer' Cucumber Witch Hazel on neck, Thayer's Lemon above neck
Fine American Blend
BBS, no weepers, no irritation, really really nice shave!

Day 24

F1 Fatboy set on 3
Gillette Silver Blue Blade
Wolf Whiskers Brush Finest badger
Mamma bears soap aged spice
Pinaud Aftershave

20170225_033027.jpg

Day 25

F1 Fatboy set on 3
Gillette Silver Blue Blade
Gillette Extra Large Brush
Tabac Soap and Aftershave

20170225_032615.jpg

Well Both days 3 pass WTG,XTG,ATG and both DFS,
By the looks of it I like the Gillette Silver Blue Blades better than the Feather blades, and they so suit the Fatboys no nicks or weepers, Both shaves have felt good.

Now that I use Straights, almost exclusively, I still Promised Garrett I would get a shave in for this event. Just under the wire.

61' Fatboy set on 7
RS 400-4
Vintage Old Spice Shave Soap / Cologne
proxy.php

Ad Astra

The Instigator
And another; pushed a Voshie too far and changed to a Lord mid-shave.

Willy, Cool Wave. End of month in sight.

Miss my 1912-made ABC OLD.

AA

I apologize for the lack of postings, but I have been shaving most mornings with my Fatboy and a variety of blades. Although the Gillette Platinum that recently came in the mail has taken up residence and refuses to leave. It has been in there for a week (as of tomorrow) and it shows no signs of needing to vacate! I started this event with a GSB and it looks like I'm going to end it with a Gillette Platinum!

Have great shaves everyone!

Saturday - Day 25
E3 FB on 4
Personna Red (shave #9)
Rooney Pure Badger
Cella Crema di Barba
Aqua Velva Musk aftershave

Very little irritation with the Cella. This is just a great performing soap.
No shave on Sunday...

Shave today was Tabac with a GSB. Thayers witch hazel and AoS sandalwood aftershave balm. Love a great shave on Saturday morning to start the weekend.

Shave for Thursday night. Used the Pre de Provence, it is a good soap but I don't think I've dialed it in yet. Lather was a little thin for my liking and ok slickness. Perhaps need to load the boar brush a lot more product next time. I am hoping this soap is really great if I learn to master the lather.
feb 24.jpg

E-1 Fatboy Feather (26)
Whipped Dog Synth
WSP Tobacco Soap and beard oil
Stetson

The blade is on it's way out, so I tried something different. Half way through my first pass I decided to click it down to 5 form the 9 I usually use. I figured it would force me to use a more shallow angle. I took a little more time and got a better shave than the last couple of days. I made it to DFS again. Not sure if the lower setting actually worked better or if it was just slowing down a bit. I think I'm going to try half of my head on 5 and the other half on 9 tomorrow and see which is better.
DSCF9996.JPG

F2 at setting 3
Feather 4rth day
EJ Best Badger
Saponificio Bignoli
Clubman

Definitely last day for this blade, felt a little rough. Actually think I'll try another blade brand tomorrow, have only used Feathers since I started.

2nd run for the Clubman, SWMBO actually likes it! - I still don't know. Kindda like it but.... Look forward to try the Fine Platinum I ordered the other day, after reading all the comments here on B&B about it.

Changed my mind on which razor to go to on 3/1 - will try the Slim to compare (again).

Top Bottom