What's new

Fatboy February 2017

Where did you get the glass bottle for Pinaud - I honestly really despise the looks of my plastic bottle...

I got it off the Bay, I have 2 now and the clubman smells much better now its been decanted into glass.
This is the 2nd one.

new pinaud.jpg

Day 26

F1 Fatboy set on 3
Gillette Silver Blue
Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood shaving soap in bowl
Semogue 830 Boar
Fine Platinum Aftershave

3 Pass WTG, XTG, ATG, BBS shave

20170226_180257.jpg

Day 27

F1 Fatboy set on 3
Gillette Silver Blue
Horse Hair Brush
Old Spice Soap
Old Spice Aftershave

2 Pass shave WTG, XTG, a very nice shave today ready for work, What more could a man ask for no weepers or nicks.
20170226_175832.jpg

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Worked so well yesterday ...

Amazing good shave with FB on 9; WTG only.

Willy and EO tweaked Vetiver AS.

Month's end is in sight - more than I can say about that Willy soap ...

AA

IMG_4989.JPG
Another great shave, #25. All with my 59 Fatboy dialed to 5, two pass, Arko, witch hazel and a used Personna and stalwart Feather. I've haven't used a de blade into the teens before but I haven't tried either.
I think I'll stay with this combination until the Feather gives up.

Monday - Day 27
E3 FB on 4
Personna Red (shave #10)
Rooney Pure Badger
Chiseled Face Ghost Town Barber
Clubman aftershave

Really good shave this morning, little to no irritation. One more day...

Last night's shave. Fatboy with a GSB. Decided to go for William's soap. Haven't had much success with William's before; dissipating issues and rough shaves mostly. Today I really soaked the puck and loaded it like I hated it, and actually got an alright shave. Not the best, but not as bad as previously. Can't decide whether to try keep trying to improve with William's or just chuck it.

feb 26.jpg

Just getting in my very first shave with a DE ( since 1973 that is), with my newly purchased E2 Fatboy and my very "starter" shaving kit.

I have a very light beard and the adjustablity of the razor, the compactness and slight heft have given me confidence at this beginning of a new learning experience. Onward to March! Just have my razor set to three - and taking three passes. Baby steps.

So far no blood
:shaving:

Attachments

• Feb Razor.jpg
    Feb Razor.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 5
Tuesday -Day 28
E3 FB on 4
Personna Red (shave #11)
Mohawk 5-341 boar
B&M Night Music soap and aftershave

Had to finish up the month with the Night Music - love this stuff! Very good 2 pass shave. Very little burn with the aftershave. Looking forward to tomorrow's shave with a new-to-me Blue Tip, a fresh blade, and soap (CFG Tradewinds) and aftershave (CVS Old Spice knock off) I haven't tried before. I've heard good things about the CVS or Family Dollar Old Spice. I tried the new P&G Old Spice and couldn't stand it. Excited to try some new things!

@gwsmallwood - are we coming back to this thread to post our 3/1 shaves??

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Wrapping up 100% participation in Fatboy February with a very very good FB shave on 9 with a LORD blade.

Straight WTG, nothing else- and no discomfort.

Those LORDs are smoother than you think; wowing at the shave. Home-made vetiver splash.

AA

20170227_201024.jpg

Final Tally - 24 shaves
Head Shaves - 13
Neck Shaves - 11

Since my Delta Echo Slim is taking a little longer than I thought, I was able to finish out the month all Fatboy. Still not decided, but I think my first shave of March will probably be the Fatip Grande.

Fatboy/Super Gillette Blue Blades-28
A full month with my Fatboy and one blade only and looking forward to going back to my Gillette old type single ring razor or my OCMM single edge razor and of course other razors as well!!
IMGP7822.JPG

Finished February with another good shave. My Fatboy could use a replate, but performed great. Used it 26 days this month only using another that I just received last week.
20170228_091452.jpg

Top Bottom