What's new

Ever-Ready 150 Restore Questions

Question: Am I doing something wrong with my dremel? The sanding drum keeps sliding up and down the shaft of the dremel when I am trying to sand. Is there a way to tighten it and prevent it form happening??? My coworker says yes but she doesn't know how.

Mike H

Instagram Famous
Is it the type with a rubber insert and a compression screw? Just tighten the screw.

proxy.php

I was getting so frustrated with the sand paper bobbing up and down. I thought I just got a bad dremel

I haven't set the knot or clean it up proper yet but how does look?

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 78
Looks pretty good to me. If it was mine, I'd go lower, but I'm a face latherer, not a bowl latherer, so I prefer a shorter loft.

I'm too tired tonight to set the knot and I'm still confused how you get the shelf to a proper height lol.

Learning how to do this is awesome though! Many restores in my near future.

FYI do not buy the 24mm tgn boar knot. It's not an omega and rivals my VDH for worst knot ever created.

Mike H

Instagram Famous
The TGN boar I had would be great for cleaning grout, removing rust, or as a grill brush, but as a shaving brush, I found it a bit stiff. :lol:

I love boars. Don't get me wrong! and TGN appears to have omega knots available but with a plastic ring around the base. I wanted to play it safe with a normal knot and the 24mm knot is pretty poor quality. Pick up a VDH and you'll know exactly what I'm talkin about.

The TGN boar I had would be great for cleaning grout, removing rust, or as a grill brush, but as a shaving brush, I found it a bit stiff. :lol:

I love boars. Don't get me wrong! and TGN appears to have omega knots available but with a plastic ring around the base. I wanted to play it safe with a normal knot and the 24mm knot is pretty poor quality. Pick up a VDH and you'll know exactly what I'm talkin about.
I was hoping for a stiffer boar brush on my next restore, but going by what you guys are saying I think I'll just save the money on the restore and try lathering with the kitchen broom.

Now I can't decide! 1 knot and I want to choose! I'm thinking the wooden one!

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 52
It's finally done! The wooden handle needs a 24mm knot, so that will have to hold off for a future date. Here is the final project... sitting exactly at 52mm/22mm.

Thanks once again for the all the help! You guys have been awesome!!!

Top Bottom