What's new

Epitome of Barbershop Scents

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Colonel Conk Bay Rum. I know...it sounds crazy...but it's way more barbershop than Bay Rum. And it's really good too!

Also, Wet the Face - Modern Barbershop. Thank you, Wet the Face, for this take on barbershop.

Last edited:
Back when I used to get haircuts, my barber would finish with a straight razor on my sideburns and back of my neck. For this he would use a hot foam dispenser using Barbasol. then would sprinkle on Clubman powder on the back of the neck. So Clubman for sure, but when Fine American Blend came out, it instantly also reminded me of the hot Barbasol foam.

Back when I used to get haircuts, my barber would finish with a straight razor on my sideburns and back of my neck. For this he would use a hot foam dispenser using Barbasol. then would sprinkle on Clubman powder on the back of the neck. So Clubman for sure, but when Fine American Blend came out, it instantly also reminded me of the hot Barbasol foam.

This!

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
When I want that "American barbershop" feeling at home I find it is easy to recreate. I shave with Williams or with Gillette Foamy Barbershop foam (which really smells like the Campbell's hot lather from the machine) and then follow it up with a big splash of cheap bay rum (Stephan's, Gabels, or Masters), and then a dusting of Pinaud Clubman talc. Then I give myself a lollypop.

Top Bottom