What's new

Electric Razor Help

Good Evening Everyone!

My name is Jerry and I have an electric razor question. I have a Wahl electric razor that I have had for about a year. It was one Wahl sent me because the other razor I had stopped working. The one that I have now cannot keep a charged battery and only really works good when plugged in. What should I do? Send it into Wahl or look for a new electric razor?

If I look for a new razor which ones do you recommend? I only use an electric razor for touch ups after I use a single blade razor to shave with. I would appreciate any help. I use a Rockwell S-1 made in the USA razor. I have attached photos of both the electric razor and safety razor. Thank you for your help and time.

Jerry

Attachments

• 94A2EB2F-757C-4022-92AA-7EDEE1854060.jpeg
    94A2EB2F-757C-4022-92AA-7EDEE1854060.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
  • EBB41C1F-D69F-4200-8D93-E82BBA910D69.jpeg
    EBB41C1F-D69F-4200-8D93-E82BBA910D69.jpeg
    387.6 KB · Views: 11
Oh, I've got a Norelco (just don't like it or any electrics), disposable twin blades, and just a day ago discovered a Mach III gift set in the back of a closet with 4 carts. That's what I'll use until the carts are finished.

I don't know what the One Blade is so no help there, sorry.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Agreed, use Wahl warranty. But if warranty ran out, and it feels like your just hitting a wall (pun intended) with them, then it's time for your next electric razor.

I have the Panasonic ARC 4 foil shaver, it's pretty decent. In Hindsight, with my course whiskers, should have got the ARC 5. But cost of both shaver and head replacements, are more expensive then the ARC 4.

If two Wahl razors crumped after a year, you may want to expand your electric horizons (hint - there are better razors). Braun, Norelco and Panasonic all make excellent electrics, low to high end, and great for touch-ups. There's a difference between foil and rotary razors, and if you liked the Wahl you might want to focus on the foils - Braun or Panasonic. As noted, Braun's S3/4 razors are quite good, as is Panasonic's Arc series. If you wanted to branch out to rotaries (quieter, better battery life, best for longer hairs), Norelco's 2000/3000/4000 razors are also nice. There is no "best" - that depends on you, your face, beard and technique.

Reactions: ctr
I would look for a Braun Series 3 or 4 given the limited use. Shop around as they are decently priced.

Keep in mind that virtually all of the current crop of electrics have a manufacturer money back guarantee, 30-60 days. So if you don't like it you get a refund.

This makes it easy to find the one that works best for you.

Keep in mind that virtually all of the current crop of electrics have a manufacturer money back guarantee, 30-60 days. So if you don't like it you get a refund.

This makes it easy to find the one that works best for you.
The reason for this money back guarantee is because your beard, your face, and you have to become accustomed to using an electric razor. It may take a couple of weeks of daily use to become accustomed to the shave. At first you may not get as close of a shave as you will later on during the acclimation period. Don’t give up after one or two shaves. I recommend beginning with dry shaves first thing in the morning before you put any water on your face. Then use a light touch and you may have to go over the same are of skin several times.

Good luck

I don't understand the need for another tool for touchup after a DE shave. I have areas that were more challenging to get close when I first started, but persevered until I figured out how to get a good close shave using a single razor.

For example: under my nostrils. For the life of me I just couldn't seem to get those few whiskers very close to my nose. I was using the "fifth" blade on the back of a Harry's cart to get em, but didn't want to continue to rely on the carts, so I kept working until I figured out how to do it a DE and not slice my nose or lip.

You don't identify your trouble spots, so I assume you are happy using your electric, which of course is fine.

Having said all that, I will address your question (and attempt to be helpful):

I never really got good with any electric, and actually used a cart to touch up my electric shaves (your opposite) but when I used electric I found Braun foil shavers worked best for daily, and Norelco rotary for longer whiskers.

I don't understand the need for another tool for touchup after a DE shave. I have areas that were more challenging to get close when I first started, but persevered until I figured out how to get a good close shave using a single razor.

For example: under my nostrils. For the life of me I just couldn't seem to get those few whiskers very close to my nose. I was using the "fifth" blade on the back of a Harry's cart to get em, but didn't want to continue to rely on the carts, so I kept working until I figured out how to do it a DE and not slice my nose or lip.

You don't identify your trouble spots, so I assume you are happy using your electric, which of course is fine.

Having said all that, I will address your question (and attempt to be helpful):

I never really got good with any electric, and actually used a cart to touch up my electric shaves (your opposite) but when I used electric I found Braun foil shavers worked best for daily, and Norelco rotary for longer whiskers.
By way of explanation, I miss areas with a blade, even with three passes. Absolutely with two. As do most of us - corner of the mouth, under the nose beside the ear, upper lip. That's why most people shave three times - to pick up areas they miss, or get a closer shave. And they still do (miss, that is). And I've been doing this nigh on 60 years. You can go back with a blade and touch up, as many do, but passing a blade over your face multiple times increases the likelihood of irritation or nicks - particularly in hard-to reach spots or where your skin is thinner - fool's pass under the nose for instance. In 30 seconds or a minute I can zip over those areas and be done with an electric - nick and irritation-free. Not really needed, and in fact a two-pass shave is plenty for any of us for a socially acceptable shave. But it completes me....:p

By way of explanation, I miss areas with a blade, even with three passes. Absolutely with two. As do most of us - corner of the mouth, under the nose beside the ear, upper lip. That's why most people shave three times - to pick up areas they miss, or get a closer shave. And they still do (miss, that is). And I've been doing this nigh on 60 years. You can go back with a blade and touch up, as many do, but passing a blade over your face multiple times increases the likelihood of irritation or nicks - particularly in hard-to reach spots or where your skin is thinner - fool's pass under the nose for instance. In 30 seconds or a minute I can zip over those areas and be done with an electric - nick and irritation-free. Not really needed, and in fact a two-pass shave is plenty for any of us for a socially acceptable shave. But it completes me....:p

Oh, I get it. I do a 3-pass with touch up and often manage to miss a few whiskers in the same areas you mention. I usually find it after my aftershave has dried and I feel my face, so I just go back and lightly run my razor over those spots - always WTG - just to smooth things out, and call it off.

If your method works for you, that is fantastic. 🙂👍

Top Bottom