What's new

Electric razor for my autistic son

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Hi all. My son needs a new electric razor. Blades really don't work for him. Even with carts, he cuts up his face terribly. The cheapy electric I got him last year finally died and I need to get him a new one. Being a wetshaving deadender at this point, I really don't know beans about electrics. But I trust the B&B community for help. I'm looking for one that provides a decent shave (doesn't need to be BBS), easy maintenance, and preferably under $100. Any recommendations? TIA

I have a Braun series 9 and it is fantastic, but it is well above that budget.
My son has a Braun Series 6 which is within your budget. I have not tried it, but he is quite happy with it. It can be used under the shower and even with shave cream/soap. Easy to clean.

Hi all. My son needs a new electric razor. Blades really don't work for him. Even with carts, he cuts up his face terribly. The cheapy electric I got him last year finally died and I need to get him a new one. Being a wetshaving deadender at this point, I really don't know beans about electrics. But I trust the B&B community for help. I'm looking for one that provides a decent shave (doesn't need to be BBS), easy maintenance, and preferably under $100. Any recommendations? TIA
The entry level shaver is at $139.00 I bought the next model up at $159.00 also accessories. You would probably only need the bath accessory to simplify head cleaning.

Post in thread 'JoWolf’s Lather Slide'
JoWolf’s Lather Slide - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/jowolfs-lather-slide.638266/post-12461074

What was he using originally - foil, rotary? Did he like it? Just an update to whatever he was using seems a reasonable approach....

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
What was he using originally - foil, rotary? Did he like it? Just an update to whatever he was using seems a reasonable approach....
I think it was a rotary, but I don't remember the brand. I mean it was a reputable brand I've seen on TV. Remington, maybe? But I didn't really put any research into it. As I recall, it was okay. I thought a little more due diligence was in order this time.

Last edited:
Point being, that electric razors are very different in their action between rotary and foil, and the brand really isn't important. A longer adaptation period is generally required switching between the two, as opposed to say switching between different Braun models, or different Norelco models. And some users very much prefer one over the other. Starting from scratch, a foil razor is usually easier to use and requires less effort and motion to get a reasonable shave than a rotary, but is louder and can (sometimes) cause razor burn more readily. A rotary is much quieter, but needs more motion and effort and (sometimes) time to get a good shave, and can be more fiddly to clean (automatic cleaning stations help, but increase the cost), and can be more irritating. If your son was happy and used his original shaver well, a more recent version or equivalent is likely to be more satisfactory than completely switching technique. Almost any new electric will most certainly be an improvement. Braun Series 3 and Series 7 razors are good foils, and are usually available in the $50-$100 range. Norelco makes a good rotary, and their Series 3000 and 7000 razors are priced similarly, or less. Here's a good review site: ShaverCheck • Electric Shaver Reviews & Guides - https://shavercheck.com/. Good luck!

Just butting in but as some one who only shaves cheeks and side burns with an electric, I cant say enough good stuff about the little Kemei 2024 travel razor. Its a rechargeable one and wet 'n' dry with or without creams, soaps or canned gooe. Its a travel razor so on the small side but is twin foils not too loud and shaves very close (YMMV) but for under £15 here in the UK its a pretty good daily shaver.

Top Bottom