What's new

EcoTools Bamboo Brush: Bang for Buck Heavy Weight Champ of the World

I finally used mine and have to say I am VERY IMPRESSED! It is great and had no problem face lathering up with a palmolive stick 1st time and face lathered with MWF 2nd time and really like it. I have no idea how long it will last from the water however if it lasts even 150 shaves/6 months it is worth it IMHO.

I bought a 3 pack and I have one left as a PIF, all I ask is pay shipping and I will send out. TOB9595 has one coming to him so anyone that has posted in this thread and wants to try send me your address and I will ship a NIB ecotools brush to you to try, you can paypal me upon receipt. Going once, going twice...

It is a niceness for you to offer this up Multi fuel....
Latherin up on MWF is pretty cool using this brush...
Who would have thought .... a makeup brush.... an affordable one at that...

I hope that some one takes you up on your offer....
BUT
If not I'd like to get one for my Son to give it a go...
I think he may be allergic or whatever may be giving him a rash using a badger....
Never occurred to me till I re-glanced at some of the posts about badger causing a reaction...hmmmmmm

BTW...Do you enjoy cigars?????? MF???
Bestest to all
Tom

WOW! Mine finally arrived from China after a very long 2-3 weeks for free shipping lol! Anyways, this brush makes the most luxurious lather ever. I really can't explain, but for $7 I think all shaving brush fans should try this thing out b/c its no joke! All I can say TRY IT OUT and you wont regret it. Its the softest brush I've ever encounter while building lather on my palms and whoops the softness compared to a floppy silvertip. Anyways, I just wanted to share my opinion and think people should try it b/c I don't think it looks like a make up brush after making lather from a shaving soap!

I was putting in an Amazon order for some stuff and decided to throw in this Kabuki brush http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004W17O7A . I had one of the similar sized brushes with a long handle, but this seemed like a good deal with the better handle shape. And a package of 2 didn't seem a bad idea. I used it this morning and was as impressed as I was with the long handle. It will be a travel brush for me. At this price, who can complain if you lose it? I may take brush #2 and see if I can get the knot out and put it in a Corian handle. It will be interesting to see what lives inside there, calling itself a knot.

I see that there are different grades of this material. It would be interesting to get some and see if more backbone could be had with no loss of tip softness.

This would make a good brush to give to a noobie. It's not badger, it's not boar. It is what it is, and what it is is super soft and just great. :001_tt1: I face lathered with Klar Kabinett - 3 passes worth no problem at all!

Last edited:
Sorry to dredge up a old thread, but another thread got me thinking about it. Mine is still in rotation, and aside from running out of lather from time to time, I'm still glad to have it. I'm even going to order a 35MM Posh Kabuki Brush, since I love bigger brushes. This massive beast seams interesting too, though generic ebay stuff from China is sketchy at best.

How are the bronzer/Kabuki brushes working for everybody?

Last edited:
Sorry to dredge up a old thread, but another thread got me thinking about it. Mine is still in rotation, and aside from running out of lather from time to time, I'm still glad to have it. I'm even going to order a 35MM Posh Kabuki Brush, since I love bigger brushes. This massive beast seams interesting too, though generic ebay stuff from China is sketchy at best.

How are the bronzer/Kabuki brushes working for everybody?

We owe you for discovering M&F, but now you're going off the deep end, man!

The deep end is where you find 50mm brushes for $15.99 come on in the water is perfect!

So ya after some research I got this one, expect a review in a week or so.

So ya... I got this particular brush and it turned out to be a 30mm. In fact it was almost identical to the EcoTools Bamboo brush (with just slightly less density), but it was less than half of what was advertised. Good product, bad description.

Last edited:
Thought I'd bring back an older thread - I use this brush after reading about it on the 'net from Leisureguy. It's very soft (softer than my Body Shoppe synthetic), feels great, and works well. The things I struggle with are 1) does it get enough soap off of a hard soap, like Mike's, and 2) how much water to add (which I attribute to being a new DE shaver rather than the brush itself). FYI, I use the finisher brush with the handle like a regular shaving brush. I have never used boar or badger for comparison, so I can't comment on that.

$Capture.JPG

That's the brush that I actually use. It's very soft, which is a plus and a minus (it feels great, but it's a decent amount of work with a hard soap to get enough product). I find that it lathers as well as my other synthetic brush and is holding up very well with no problems. I'm tempted to try a fancier synthetic just to see what I'm missing (Kent or EJ/Muhle, or maybe even Omega synthetic badger), but I really enjoy the feel and am saving the money for the time being. :001_rolle

No, I use the one with a handle like a shaving brush (below). There is a review of the brush you linked, which also works (I believe).

$IMG_1143.jpg

Attachments

• $IMG_1143.jpg
    $IMG_1143.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 161
The Domed Bronzer Brush works incredibly for its price point. It is synthetic fiber. To speed drying, take a hair dryer and air it out a bit.

It lathers beautifully using a bowl. It is now 1 of my 2 favorite brushes: Plisson/L'Occtane and Ecotools Domed Bronzer.

I am not a shaving snob (don't flame me, bro) and this brush's cost is irresistable.

Someone put a bunch of Loreal true match mineral on the table in the faculty lounge here at work. I looked at the brush and then looked again. I searched B&B and then landed on this thread. I have lent out/pif'd a few of my gentle razors to friends to try out. I only have one brush so they are limited to hand lather if they are not going to drop any money before they want to buy. But I am very curious as to what would happen if I cleaned it out, put some cream in the bottom for them, and then they tried lathering with this. Better than nothing huh?
http://www.walmart.com/ip/16935696?...42357752&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=78655581992&veh=sem

But I am very curious as to what would happen if I cleaned it out, put some cream in the bottom for them, and then they tried lathering with this. Better than nothing huh?

My wife has had some of them a couple times, but none seem like they have all that much back bone or density. I always have high hopes when she brings them home, but so far the small number I have tried have been less impressive than the synthetic cheep kabukis, but if you find a good one please let me know. There are dozens of them at the store, and I'm always curious.

I'm wanting to know, from anyone that has used both, how the brush that inspired this thread compares in softness to the latest generation (4th, I guess) of synthetic fibers for men's shaving brushes...

I'm wanting to know, from anyone that has used both, how the brush that inspired this thread compares in softness to the latest generation (4th, I guess) of synthetic fibers for men's shaving brushes...

Most are unusably floppy/lacking in density. The one that is super dense and super soft is the Bamboo Bronzer (https://www.ecotools.com/brushes/face-tools/domed-bronzer-brush) illustrated below. Fibers are similar in softness and feel to the L'Occitane/Plisson synthetic knot, but at about half the loft and triple the density.
$ecotoolsbrush.jpg

You really do need to shop around, there is so much variety in Kabuki brushes you need to get your hands on them to evaluate them. I wish I was more help, but there are many more bad Kabuki's than good. You want big (for a Kabuki), dense, synthetic, and soft.

Top Bottom