What's new

Ebay, what happened here?

We all like vintage Gillette, and we want them here and we want them now. And the New and Improved are an awesome razor. But sometimes I have to wonder, what happened here? With all due respect to anyone that may have placed a bid, am I missing something?

First up, a nice Gillette New Improved. Photos look like it's in very nice condition, with the somewhat rare early TTO knob pattern. $20 with free shipping.

$Picture 1.png

Next, a New Improved Deluxe. I think it's in chrome plating, but I'm no expert. Was watching because I thought it might go really high. Came to $57 and shipping. Someone got a deal.

$Picture 2.png

Finally, in more or less the same time period, a nice looking new improved goes for $82 + shipping.

$Picture 4.jpg

Again, I don't mean to offend anybody who may have placed a bid, but am I missing something here?

Last edited:
With ebay, I think it's all in the timing. I can't ever seem to get a great deal, but they are out there.

R

romsitsa

Hello,

quality of photos imho. This is how I fetched an ABC pocket and how a near mint Gillette screw together brush went away for pennies (I was on a meeting when it went away with one bid).

Adam

1: Time your listings so that all of Europe, The US and Down Under are all up and about in time to see them ending.
2: Take absolutely s*** hot images of your razors.
3: Make sure your listing is categorised properly (got myself a bottle of vintage Signoricci for £20 delivered the other day because of that .... listed as broken/ for parts only and in the women's fragrance category)

I've had a lot of people contact me through Fleabay just to tell me that they love my photographs and they can see that that's what sells my items. If people are closer to absolute certainty that what you have is exactly what they want, they're a lot more likely to bid on your listings. Good descriptions and images are practically all of that.

The title plays a huge roll in visibility as well. Listing your razor as a silver plated vintage Gillette probably won't get as many hits as Silver plated Gillette New Deluxe. That said, I have bought a lot more silver plated vintage razors than "Gillette New Deluxes" because the price is much nicer. :thumbup1:

Top Bottom