What's new

Drink of the Month - October 2012 - CIDER

Hmm, I would have never thought to serve cider over ice. I always viewed it as beer or wine, which I would not ice eiher.
Me too. However, it suggested this on the package. Gave it a try and it was quite nice.
I drink vermouths over ice w/ a twist sometimes. They are kind of infused wine I think.

So I tried the Samuel Smith's Organic. Much sweeter and tarter than the Magners and Crispin. Too sweet for my taste.

So I tried the Samuel Smith's Organic. Much sweeter and tarter than the Magners and Crispin. Too sweet for my taste.

Well, I like tart and it is less sweet than most US ciders. That tells you something about the state of cider production here. They think we all like it super sweet. I had two bottles of Sams and the second was sweeter than the first. I'm not sure what to make of that. Also, there are two varities of Crispin. One is dry and one isn't. Evidently, they look identical except for some small print that identifies the dry version. At least that is what my local liquor store guy tells me. I couldn't get the dry version around here so he said he would order some in.

I was drawn to ciders as I can not get past beer. Favorite ciders for me are Crispin Over Ice, which is very refreshing when we are still having over 80 temps here in Florida. Also Ace Joker, one of my all time favorites which will be served at my wedding.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Guess what Cider drinkers? What does Fall and Halloween have in common (if you like Cider...you're gonna like this one...trust me)?
proxy.php

"Every once in a while you know you stumble upon something glorious. That something just so happens to be our Private Reserve Pumpkin (6.9% ALC). We have combined our signature [hard cider] taste with a refreshing pumpkin finish. Limited to just two and half hours on the production line this is a true connoisseur's cider [it's on the shelfs right now]". "thumbsup:

Read More: http://www.woodchuck.com/cider/private-reserves.html
proxy.php
"Everybody thinks I drink beer, but I actually like [hard] cider". Prince William, The Duke of Cambridge

proxy.php

Last edited:
Top Bottom