What's new

Domenico Caraceni 1913

I was pleasantly surprised to get an email from Lucky Scent announcing the return of DC 1913.

it was my first purchase in my nascent frag head days and I still love it.

surprised though to see it is a milky white color in a clear bottle.

I was pleasantly surprised to get an email from Lucky Scent announcing the return of DC 1913.

Mine has been shipped, but I haven't received it yet. Have you received yours? I'm anxious to know if the current version is as good as the classic.

I think that's just the photography , looks clearish to me

Gents...I've never had the privilege of trying DC 1913. How does it compare to my current favorite dark/dusty rose scent, C&S 88?

Gents...I've never had the privilege of trying DC 1913. How does it compare to my current favorite dark/dusty rose scent, C&S 88?
I have both, and like both, but they aren't much alike, IMHO. DC is more "formal" and the rose component is much less distorted by the other components. The rose is clearer in DC. Maybe some others can offer their take also to give you other descriptions to go by. With DC, the "dirty" aspect is more subtle. This is just my subjective take. You'll want others also.

I received the my bottle of DC13 from Luckyscent yesterday. I preferred the old bottle however I am not goi g to wear the bottle but what is inside of it. To me, it seems this re-formulation watered the scent down and is not as long lasting. I have a bottle of the previous version, I will compare them tonight and get back to you Joes.

I received the my bottle of DC13 from Luckyscent yesterday. I preferred the old bottle however I am not goi g to wear the bottle but what is inside of it. To me, it seems this re-formulation watered the scent down and is not as long lasting. I have a bottle of the previous version, I will compare them tonight and get back to you Joes.

How did it turn out?

My bottle arrived last week, and even though I've got about 1/3 of the old bottle remaining, I opened the new one to see how it compares. I put it on both wrists, and couldn't smell any difference at all. I didn't pay attention to the longevity, so I'm not sure how the new one holds up. For me, Domenico Caraceni 1913 always lasted at least 6-8 hours, so I'll have to see what the longevity of the new bottle is. Either way, unless it wears off way more quickly than before, anyone who was a fan of DC 1913 before should get this while you can.

I'm interested to hear other opinions on the comparison between the vintage and the new, because my impression is not favorable. First, the rose component is both stronger and richer in the vintage formulation to my nose. Secondly, the longevity of the new formulation appears to be about half the vintage, maybe less. An hour after applying the new DC, I couldn't really smell it. The vintage DC is going strong after 4 hours. My impression is of an EDT that is now a cologne spray. I also let a couple of friends sample both and they both noted immediately that the opening was different. Maybe there's something in the new juice that just doesn't work as well with my chemistry as the vintage, and I haven't tried applying both yet to clothes rather than skin. I'll try them again in a few days.

Gents, this is indeed great news!

Can anyone shed any light as to whether this is exclusive to LS? Also, would be keen to hear if this is available in the UK from any specific retailer(s).

In my opinion, this offering is identical to the previous offering. I detect absolutely no difference between the two.

I have both the vintage and new versions, and having tried them side by side on multiple occasions, still can't tell the difference.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
I have the old and the new and if there's a difference at all in strength or fragrance, I can't tell it.

Cheers, Steve

Top Bottom