What's new

GIVEAWAY! Discovery PIF - Your Amazing Adventure Begins With A Great Shave!!

Bolzano Blade #1 Shave #5
Tools: Henson + Razor, Arko shave cream & Plissoft brush.
A nice shave this A.M. I am starting to get along with the Henson + Razor. The drag was not real bad today & a DFS was the result. The Bolzano is starting to slow down some so it looks like the Eddison blade might be up to bat soon.:thumbup1:

Discovery Adventure- Timor blade 2, shave 1: my prior shaves with the Timor all felt a bit rough, although the results have been consistently DFS, 9/10, and today was no exception- still felt a bit rough and still delivered a good shave. I figured perhaps it was the RR Eco razor, but not even in a Tech with great software was the blade the smoothest, maybe it will be smooth out for tomorrow. The adventure continues...

Today's shave: Tech, Timor blade, MdC Original soap, Omega boar brush, and Floid AS.

Our 700 mile drive went fine, and we arrived safely in Arizona last night. Be well everyone and enjoy Halloween!

PXL_20221031_170658368.PORTRAIT_2.jpg

Bolzano blade #1, shave #3

Razor: Henson AL13 Mild
Cream: Humphrey's Handmade Cthulhu with a dab of Captain's Choice Eucalyptus
Brush: Generic brush that I got off of Amazon (that I really like)
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Ice Blue followed a few minutes later by some Nivea Sensitive balm

The smoothness of the Bolzano continues. I ended with a very nice shave that is lasting well into the next day. The Bolzano isn't my favorite, but it's certainly a good blade and is pleasant to use from a smoothness standpoint.

Bolzano ● Blade #1 ● Shave #1

20221031_092224-02-01.jpeg

It's been ages since I've shaved with a Bolzano Superinox blade (one of the blades still made in Germany). I could only remember it being a rather mild to medium sharp blade. So maybe it was a bit daring to combine this blade with a very aggressive razor, but.... isn't it an adventure after all?

The ATT H2 delivered a flawless DFS+ shave, two passes wtg/atg. Overall, a drama-free and solid shave - but this razor tends to give me an even closer and more comfortable shave when equipped with a Feather or PermaSharp blade.... 🪓 But it could have been worse.

Onward to shave no. 2!

Happy shaves!

Eddison III: Eddison and the Last Shave

703ECD25-2BA8-4367-86DC-A2255040FCB4.jpeg

For the third adventure in the Eddison franchise, half the main cast has changed from the first adventure, but the lead characters remain the same. Eddison and Razor are still being played by the same Eddison Stainless and Henson medium. And of course The Shaver, I didn't have someone else shave.

Eddison is still nice and sharp. 2 careful but efficient passes plus cleanup. I thought I'd gotten away with no blood, but caught a small weeper on my left mustache corner again. Rinsed, applied alum with just slight sting, and cleaned up.

The result of this adventure was a DFS (almost but not quite DFS+) with little irritation.

Adventure Rating: Crocodile Dundee

Credits (in order of appearance)
Eddison .................... Eddison Stainless
Razor ..................... Henson AL13 medium
The Shaver ............................ T-Bone

Brush .......................... PAA Starcraft
Cream ................ Art of Shaving lavender
Aftershave ... Stirling unscented menthol balm

But wait! There's a post-credit scene! I came back to apply Aftershave after throwing on my shirt and not only was the weeper still there weeping, but I had another one on my soul patch! Did I mention yet that Eddison is still sharp? Well I'll mention it again. Another spot application of alum took care of both, so at least I didn't need more drastic measures. I've been considering the alum an extra, but pretty soon my Shave Nation alum stick is going to get an agent and start demanding a credit!

Amazing Adventure Shave -- All Hallows Eve Edition

Razor
: Karve Christopher Bradley G
Blade: Eddison - 5th use
Brush: Omega 10777 boar
Soap: Zingari Man/Barrister & Mann - Nocturne
A/S: Mennen Skin Bracer

Pushed the Eddison to a 5th shave this evening. Nice result with the slightest touch of neck irritation. Sorry to disappoint the bats, but no blood tonight.

IMG_20221031_194936665.jpg

Last edited:
Tue 1 Discovery Adventure Round 3 won by Bolzano...a surprise indeed!
Soap Tabac
Brush Yaqi 26mm Moka Express 2 Band Badger
Razor Parker SemiSlant
Blade Bolzano Superinox 3rd
Aftershave Clubman Whiskey Woods
Last use of the tabac for 2022. Will save this top-shelf soap for another year. Absolutely awesome quality lather, and the brush, and aftershave are great as well...
This blade was just super in this slant razor. Super smooth, comfortable, and efficient in 3passes for a bbs finish...
20221101_124255.jpg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member

Discovery Adventure Week 2 Blade 2 Timor.​

C962ADFB-03DF-4F87-8CDD-17DBE2EBAF50.jpeg

Discovery Adventure Week 2 Blade number 2 the dreaded Timor. Not much better than yesterday, not as tuggy under my chin but I finished up with 2 nicks. One on my chin and another good nick under my chin. I will try the same blade again tomorrow and see what happens.

Bolzano ● Blade #1 ● Shave #2

20221101_102904-01-01.jpeg

I was in the mood for an RCS (Really Comfortable Shave), so I went with lower settings on the Rex Konsul for my Tuesday shave. I chose settings 2 and 1.5.... I needed a little more buffing on my jaw line, which I attribute to the mildness of the Bolzano blade. Almost BBS on my entire face - and I achived the goal, an RCS (despite the extra buffing).

But.. I've started wondering how long this blade might last... 🤔

Have some great adventure shaves!

Timor blade one, Shave #3

Razor:
Wolfman WR1
Brush: Simpsons tulip 3 super
Soap: Fine lavender pour homme
Splash: Fine lavender pour homme

Comment: Comfortable but not that close (8.5/10) today. This blade may be good for another shave or two.

Timor Blade #1, Side #1, Shave #1

Razor: Leaf Twig
Blade: Timor (1)
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper
Brush: Ever Ready 200 A tired old badger that still does it’s job
Soap: Stirling Piancenza
Aftershave: Stirling Piacenza

Wow! This whole combination worked wonderfully. The beard was removed with one of the smoothest shaves I’ve ever had. I can’t wait until tomorrow’s shave.

Bolzano Blade #1 Shave #6
Tools: Henson mild razor, Captains Choice shave cream & Plissoft brush.
Got a real nice three pass shave today but the Bolzano blade is about done as its missing more stubble resulting in a lot of touch up.
The CC shave cream along with the Henson razor did a good job of protection. I will throw in the Eddison blade for tomorrows shave.
No nicks or irritation noted.:thumbup1:

Bolzano blade #1, shave #4

Razor: Henson AL13 Mild
Cream: Palmolive Classic
Brush: Generic brush that I got off of Amazon (that I really like)
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Ice Blue followed a few minutes later by some Nivea Sensitive balm

Again, (not to sound like a broken record, but...) the Bolzano isn't the sharpest, but it's very smooth. I'm going to be using the Timor next and I'm a little concerned that there'll be a sharp contrast in smoothness. But my experience with the Bolzano has been that I would recommend people trying it. It might not be their top tier blade, but it's certainly in the upper region of mid-tier blades for me.

AnimalCatcher

Thinking of Ricardo Montalban
Razor: Fatboy F4
Blade: Timor (5)
Bowl: Fine
Brush: Star
Soap: Pereira Shavery - Orange & Cinnamon
Aftershave: Czech & Speake - Neroli

Damn fine shave using the Timor, but the blade still feels a tad uncomfortable, so this is its last outing. I think I'll use my other Bolzano blade for tomorrows shave.
IMG_3068 (3).JPG

Eddison blades shave #7
1.65 Ti WR2
Hallows soap

Well, I wasn’t going to do it, but I couldn’t toss the blade after the last two shaves that were pulling a bit and glad I did. Shave 7 settled down and was smoother than those two. I kept the soap a bit thicker than I usually do and it seemed to pay off. I can only hope that the next shave (Thursday or Friday) will be just as good.

Discovery Adventure- Timor blade 2, shave 2: This morning's shave was fine, the Timor is still not that comfy a blade for me, but it was a bit less tuggy than yesterday. Revisited some basic goodies in the den today and enjoyed them! Result was 9/10, DFS, close and pretty smooth.

Today's shave: Tech, Timor blade, Cella Red soap, Zenith boar brush, and Nivea ASB.

Have a great one!

PXL_20221101_175030707.PORTRAIT.jpg

Soap- Van Der Hagen deluxe
Brush- 22 mm Horse Hair
Razor- Merkur Progress
Blade- Timor (2)
Aftershave- Stetson cooling moisture
result- DFS
1-1/2 days growth. 1st pass actg pass razor at setting #4, slight tugging blade felt a little rough. 2nd pass agtg razor set at #5 blade felt smoother and no tugging. No cuts, no nicks, no weepers, and slight irritation. Was running late so did a hurried 2 pass shave.

Timor 1, Shave 3
Tradere OC, Wee Scot, Tabac, Captains Choice Bay Rum aftershave

Didn't have time to post yesterday, so it's going up today.

What a night and day difference it is, running the Timor in the Tradere instead of the Lupo. All the irritation is gone and the shave is downright excellent!

Razor: Gamechanger 84SB

Soap: Pré de Provence Bergamot & Thyme Shaving cream

Blade: Eddinson (2)

I really like the Eddinson blade. It’s a medium sharp blade.

The Pré de Provence shaving cream is the worst shaving product I‘ve bought. The scent is awful, smell like a refreshing potpourri ignited with a cheap cigarette 🤣🤣🤣. It’s a brushless cream that didn’t lather like Cremo. Takes a lot of product to do a 3 pass shave and the product is not very slick.

6B84D987-42EA-40DF-A266-F1B46A803385.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom