What's new

Didn't win PIF...or so I thought

Next on the list is Bootlegger's Bay Rum. It has more scent than just the plain Superior 70 and also has more of a bite when it hit my face. My wife was OK with it, said it was a little strong at first sniff but hoped it will mellow out over the day.

Thanks for all of these mini reviews @mayer57619. I'm glad that you were able to get some good use and experience from all of these so far! Keep at it

Happy Shaving
-Chris
US Army Veteran, Foxhole Shavers Club Member

The choice for today was Superior 70 Bay Rum. Nice scent, but not as much toning/tightening of my face as some of the others. My wife commented that it is a good scent for Thanksgiving/Fall.
That really surprises me, since there is more alcohol in Superior 70 than in most other aftershaves. The ingredients are alcohol (65%), water, and bay oil. That's it!
Next on the list is Bootlegger's Bay Rum. It has more scent than just the plain Superior 70 and also has more of a bite when it hit my face. My wife was OK with it, said it was a little strong at first sniff but hoped it will mellow out over the day.
The Bootlegger's Recipe is equal parts: Superior 70 BR, Master Bay Rum, and Pinaud Virgin Island Bay Rum. The extra scent is coming form the other two, and the bite comes from the VIBR.

Today I used the Skin Bracer, last one in the box. I guess it is OK, just not great for me. Wife concurs that it is not in the top of the list.

So that ends my trials of the box of aftershaves. I have enjoyed this adventure and I will definitely PIF the ones that were not for me: Aqua Velva Musk, Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue, and the Skin Bracer when things slow down a bit here. I like the Bootlegger's, Old Spice, Superior 70, and Aqua Velva Ice Sport; as does my family. I will be giving the Barbasol Pacific Rush and the Pinaud Clubman both another try.

Glad you enjoyed them! Thanks for the reviews and such, and I hope you continue to enjoy them!

Happy Shaving
-Chris
US Army Veteran, Foxhole Shavers Club Member

Top Bottom