What's new

Didn't win PIF...or so I thought

I suppose that depends on the soap. If it has an unusually strong scent that lingers then maybe. I find that most of the scent from soaps is usually gone once I rinse the leftover lather off. I don't really think about pairing my aftershave and soap to match necessarily. I choose what aftershave I'm going to use when I'm done shaving. So I suppose that if there is any scent left, even if I don't notice it, then it is affecting my decision for which one I choose at that point. Once you sample them all, you'll get an idea for what they may or may not pair well with. Initially, I wouldn't worry about it though, and difference will be slight.
Thank you. I will just go forward and use the aftershave as just that and not try pairing.

So this morning I tried out the Pinaud Clubman...Not sure about it. It is definitely stronger than the AV Ice Sport from yesterday. It has dried and tightened my face a lot more. My wife said it is just ok, not great, but will take me with it. She also said that she will let me know if any of them are a NO[emoji16].

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Congratulations and enjoy. In my relatively limited time here, I have found the members of B&B to be of the highest class. You now have learned that @TheVez2 is certainly no exception. Be sure to pay his generous gesture forward at some future date.

Also, I can't wait to hear how your foray through this fine cache and further into the world of aftershaves goes for you. I, myself, am more of a soap junky, at the moment, but am sure to be bit by the aftershave bug before too long.

Geez guys, you make me blush. Thanks and all, but this thread should really be more about Justin than me.... ok?

Sent from my Spider-Phone

So this morning i reached into the box and pulled out the bottle of Old Spice Classic. I splashed a little on and it is an OK scent to my nose. My wife did not object, so that gives it her approval.

After wearing the Pinaud Clubman yesterday, the scent stayed with me all day, but mellowed as the day went along. The consensus was that the end of day scent was overall better than the first sniff.

You'll find that many aftershave stick around most of the day, but those that do will often change throughout the day. When you initially splash the top notes take center stage, but many of those are short lived and fleeting. As the day progresses, the bottom notes come forward. That complexity makes some aftershaves very interesting.

You'll find that many aftershave stick around most of the day, but those that do will often change throughout the day. When you initially splash the top notes take center stage, but many of those are short lived and fleeting. As the day progresses, the bottom notes come forward. That complexity makes some aftershaves very interesting.

Thank you for the information. It is greatly appreciated as I start down this road.

Very nice! I have had the same happen to me! The members here are insanely passionate and caring people. I wish I had joined sooner!

Happy Shaving
-Chris
US Army Veteran, Foxhole Shavers Club Member

So this morning I pulled out the Barbasol Pacific Rush. It has considerably less scent than the others that I have used. It did not get the nix from my wife, but I am not really into it based on the other 3 I have tried out thus far.

Pacific Rush is kind of a take it or leave it scent, rather than a love it or hate it scent. It's just kinda, meh. But where it makes it's money is in the Menthol kick. It has more menthol than most other commercial aftershaves.

So this morning I picked up the Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue...Instantly my wife said:. "New aftershave, it's got to go". That settles that. It will be re PIFed after I get through with the rest.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

So today I pulled out the Aqua Velva Musk. My wife and I both concur with discontinuing the use of it! Definitely not even close to a usable scent for me.

The choice for today was Superior 70 Bay Rum. Nice scent, but not as much toning/tightening of my face as some of the others. My wife commented that it is a good scent for Thanksgiving/Fall.

Top Bottom