What's new

Declaration Brushworks LE handle inspiration?

So today I was perusing the web just going on a whole bunch of different wet shaving websites to see what was new and what was for sale. After a few sites I migrated towards the L&L Grooming site to see what new soap scents he had (wishing he still had the sweet lemon scent) then went on the Declaration Brushworks site and discovered he had released a new batch of LE color handles for his brushes and quickly realized he used the exact same colors as the handle I had sent him to re-knot not long ago. He had of course himself made this handle before the whole Declaration thing and anyway, long story short this is the possible inspiration for the more recent batch of LE brushes fitted with his new knot on an old handle that used to contain the synthetic game changer knot. Either way I'm stoked about it.
IMG_4921.JPG
IMG_4922.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4459.JPG
    IMG_4459.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 57
Whatever you inspired him to do must have gone over well since I'm pretty sure that new run sold out lickety split.

Very nice collection of bushes by the way!

Whatever you inspired him to do must have gone over well since I'm pretty sure that new run sold out lickety split.

Very nice collection of bushes by the way!
Thank you my friend! From the sounds of it, just like all his releases lately they go quick.

I managed to order a Jefferson brush in the Nebula pattern yesterday. They sent out and email and I jumped on it right away and got one.

You don't see much about Declaration Brushworks on this forum but I had them do a custom knot for me a while back and I find this brush to better than the Paladin and Shavemac 2 band Silvertip brushes (really, really nice brushes) that sit next to it.

I suspect that this is as good as it gets because if there's something better out there I haven't found it yet.

Have a great handle that Rudy Vey made for me. I had Rudy put a 24mm Tuxedo knot in it that I picked up from AP Shave Co. It's a great match in terms of appearance but i much prefer my 26mm Razorock and Maggard Synthetics. I don't own any badgers. Never have. I'd finally, after years, decided to give one a shot, and I'd like to have Declaration do the re-knot.

Based on the handle pic (24mm Tuxedo), the fact that I like 26mm Synthetics, any thoughts/suggestions on white size knot to try and what might fit appropriately in the handle? I'm sure he'll do it right, but I'm curious what might be possible/what he would do. Don't have the handle dimensions at the moment. Not around the house. Stuck traveling and bored. Ha.

Thanks!

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my honest opinion I would consider getting a 24mm as these Declaration Brushworks knots bloom like a beast and feel a bit larger on the face. Make sure you specify the dimensions you desire. Only thing is I believe he will charge extra for removal of the old knots and having to bore out the hole depending on the loft you want. When I sent mine I removed the knot myself to save me a little cash.

I have a Batch 2 24mm declaration knot in a Rubberset 400 brush and it's perfect. It's a very densely packed, very full knot in a strong fan shape that's really more of a flat top. The tips are soft with no scritch. I'd rank the knot higher than the Shavemac 2 band Silvertip sitting next to it. The knot is really outstanding. I sent the brush into Scott at L&L and he installed the knot.

I also have a Batch 3 Declaration Brushworks Jefferson Nebula brush that holds a 27mm knot. The knot, like the 24mm is absolutely jammed packed with badger hair. A strong backbone is present from the abundance or badger but the knot is still surprisingly soft. It's such a full large knot that it might actually be a bit much for me as I prefer knots in the 24 to 26mm range. This one feels more like a 28 to me. I can't imagine what their largest knot is like as this 27 definitely feels like a much larger knot.

The 24mm knot I'd say is about perfect as it's definitely on the larger side of a 24 considering how much hair is in it, but it also allows the knot a little more splay and movement being a 24 instead of the 27. It feels like a 25 or maybe even a 26 considering the density of the hair so I think it would be a good fit for you.

I'd recommend the 24mm knot for that Rudy Vey handle.

Thank you both! Good Intel. Although now I'm thinking about just getting his knot and handle. The Washington i believe. Can't hurt just to have 1 more brush right?! Haha.

Thank you both! Good Intel. Although now I'm thinking about just getting his knot and handle. The Washington i believe. Can't hurt just to have 1 more brush right?! Haha.

Just make sure to be quick on he draw because these brushes go faster than you can blink.

After about eight or so uses the tips are starting to hook rather nicely on my batch 3 Jefferson Nebula. With each additional use this brush is getting better and better.

This one is turning out to be a really outstanding brush.

Top Bottom