What's new

Danish Hot Dogs

[MENTION=83342]DoctorShavegood[/MENTION]
Can you point me towards the link for Penny's Tater salad, please?
I might be looking in the wrong WIKI?
Danke

[MENTION=83342]DoctorShavegood[/MENTION]
Nevermind.. I stumbled across the link in your signature.
Thanks for the link!!

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Well, yes. Here on the Gulf Coast we put it on crab cakes ... mostly.

Was surprised at the ingredient list / how to make it.

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
BTTT for today's lunch!

And that's the greatness of travel ... Expose a person to new things and it can change you forever.

Danish Dogs are really tasty! Luckily I had an unopened package of those Frenchs fried onions. They go stale quickly.

AA

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I actually had a foot long version of one of those at Wrigley Field. I promptly forgot there was a baseball game.
No idea how I missed this reply years ago. Having one at Wrigley would be epic- I don’t know how you could get more Chicago than that.

BTTT for today's lunch!

And that's the greatness of travel ... Expose a person to new things and it can change you forever.

Danish Dogs are really tasty! Luckily I had an unopened package of those Frenchs fried onions. They go stale quickly.

AA
They don't go stale in my house. I'm 1/2 Danish and enjoy them on my hotdog, but didn't even know this was a thing.

We eat the onions by then handful after the bag is open, like chips. But they are very greasy.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
They don't go stale in my house. I'm 1/2 Danish and enjoy them on my hotdog, but didn't even know this was a thing.

We eat the onions by then handful after the bag is open, like chips. But they are very greasy.

It is a very good thing! As street food goes.

I've had the good fortune to travel there twice ... Ever try the Espirit de Valdemar aftershave? Found at Foetex. I did a thread on it; used it yesterday in fact.

AA

I'm a fan of hotdogs although I've curtailed my intake of them due to the high sodium content. But my own prefered approach at hot dogs is to grill them until there is a nice crust, almost carmelized, and then slather with ketchup, mustard and relish. I have also been known to nuke dogs at times but usually when I just can't wait to grill them. I'm going to have to try this recipe. It does sound delicious.

It is a very good thing! As street food goes.

I've had the good fortune to travel there twice ... Ever try the Espirit de Valdemar aftershave? Found at Foetex. I did a thread on it; used it yesterday in fact.

AA
I have not, nor have I been there.....yet.

My Mom was born there, but we have been here since I was born...Dad is retired Canadian Air Force.

I do love indulging in their cuisine though.

No idea how I missed this reply years ago. ~

And I looked too! What the hell was I doing in June of 16?
Only thing I'm wondering: a Remoulade blended in a food processor...? Or, the old fashioned way and wait for a day for the ingredients to meld?
(Guess I need to add a premade bottle to the shopping list and be able to go ghansta when I gotta.)

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I'm a fan of hotdogs although I've curtailed my intake of them due to the high sodium content. But my own prefered approach at hot dogs is to grill them until there is a nice crust, almost carmelized, and then slather with ketchup, mustard and relish. I have also been known to nuke dogs at times but usually when I just can't wait to grill them. I'm going to have to try this recipe. It does sound delicious.
I like mine to get a little blackened.

I went with remoulade to meld in time and a daily beating. I forgot how much salt is in hotdogs. The dressing might need a pinch but not the amount called out in a recipe that also uses commercial creole seasoning.
I'll go with a bit more treatment on the dogs, they really need to sweat like they'd been in the water since opening day. (Or rolled for a week at the nearby truck stop.)

I went with remoulade to meld in time and a daily beating. I forgot how much salt is in hotdogs. The dressing might need a pinch but not the amount called out in a recipe that also uses commercial creole seasoning.
I'll go with a bit more treatment on the dogs, they really need to sweat like they'd been in the water since opening day. (Or rolled for a week at the nearby truck stop.)

I even buy the lite hot dogs and they still have too much salt for me.

Ad Astra

The Instigator

The crunchy onions are salty, too.

AA

I had two Evergood all beef hot dogs in the natural casing with organic sauerkraut and dijon on a French roll for din din last night. I've also had a hot dog in Copenhagen at a stand in Stroget.

Top Bottom