What's new

Today is National Hot Dog Day!

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
$National Hot Dog Day.jpg Hmmm...today is National Hot Dog Day ([FONT=&amp]Sonic Drive-in is offering All-American and Chili Cheese Dogs for $1 all day).[/FONT]..
'Yeah Baby'!
proxy.php

Read More on Hot Dog Deals: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/national-hot-dog-day_55afad0de4b08f57d5d318cf

The Mrs. and I like ours (Hebrew National ¼lb Franks are the best), with sautéed onions, different 'topshelf' relishes / mustard's, slaw and banana peppers, but nix on ketchup.

However...the Mrs. 'needs' ketchup on hers. :lol1:

Sarah Schmalbruch - MSN Food & Drink - Business Insider - 23 Jul 15

"Today is National Hot Dog Day, so we decided to honor the best hot dogs around the US. Foursquare created a list of the best hot dog joints in America by digging through millions of user ratings. Since Foursquare users can now save and favorite the restaurants they love, the site was able to find out which hot dog joints are worth a visit. From rattlesnack and rabbit dogs in LA to a bacon-wrapped dog with chili coleslaw in NYC, here are the 40 best hot dog joints you need to try across America". :thumbsup:

$Hot Dogs.jpg "Dream Weenies serves "hot dogs gone NOLA" straight from New Orlean's historic French Quarter. There's halal and kosher beef hot dogs, as well turkey and vegan options. Toppings are inspired by the area — think red beans, rice, grits, and barbecue shrimp sauce".

Read More: http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/foodnews/the-40-best-hot-dog-joints-in-america-ranked/ss-AAdoiQP?ocid=mailsignout#image=1

[FONT=&amp]"[/FONT][FONT=&amp]The noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it". Lawrence J. Peter

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]PS The Mrs. and I have been to [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Lafayette Coney Island (slide #22), a few times while on vacation (we ordered their Coney Island Dogs 'w/ everything'), in Detroit, Michigan[/FONT][FONT=&amp]. :drool:
[/FONT]

Last edited:
Nice to see at least one of those from Louisiana. Grand rapids a couple of places on there. Outside of New York and Chicago...Grand Rapids, MI...Hot Dog Capitol?

Hebrew national any good. Here in cent fl most stuff is junk so far. I actually froze and brought some local dogs from nh last visit along with 10 lbs of red pastrami, which you cant get down here.

Wish I knew about this before I went grocery shopping.

Usually get Hebrew National, but sometimes like something different, like a Ballpark or Nathan's, though those aren't whole hearted recommendations, just the least vile of the veal or pork. Most are horrible. One thing about Hebrew National's dogs is they make good dirty water dogs. Most of the others want dry heat. Hebrew National also makes a half fat/light dog that ain't bad considering, but they also make a low fat dog that's strictly for dogs.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
One of these days I am going to order the real Nathan's dogs from the website. The ones they sell in the grocery store are not cased.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
For me, a drug-through-the-garden Chicago dog...all the way please. And it has to have Mary Ann's buns.

Oh, that doesn't sound right.

Thought about doing dogs for dinner, but we ran out of buns last week. I started to make some homemade tortillas for a Tex-Mex dog...Ball Park dog on the tortilla with mustard, onions, shredded cheddar cheese and...some WOLF BRAND CHILI!!!

Aaaron...would you like to join me? :biggrin1:

I just ate some leftover fried chicken tonight since that was what was in the fridge.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
For me, a drug-through-the-garden Chicago dog...all the way please. And it has to have Mary Ann's buns.

Oh, that doesn't sound right.

Thought about doing dogs for dinner, but we ran out of buns last week. I started to make some homemade tortillas for a Tex-Mex dog...Ball Park dog on the tortilla with mustard, onions, shredded cheddar cheese and...some WOLF BRAND CHILI!!!

Aaaron...would you like to join me? :biggrin1:

I just ate some leftover fried chicken tonight since that was what was in the fridge.

Wolf Brand a Chili?

......get a rope.

Top Bottom